Moira is not really fair to play against for 1 reason

General Discussion
02/18/2018 04:45 AMPosted by AimlockEnox
She has one of the best abilities to escape, with only 6s cooldown she can escape every fight or chase enemies in order to finish them off.
Her survivability is insane, healing orb (max 300 hp) + life steal from secondary fire
Her damage isn't even low, in a 1v1 she has 50 dps from her secondary fire + a total of 200 damage from her biotic orb which is enough damage to kill every squishy hero pretty fast.

instant downvote and i hv stop reading what is wrong that a Suppport has a good survivability ? ohh wait because she isnt a free kill

salty DPS Main got outplayed by a healer
She has one of the best abilities to escape, with only 6s cooldown she can escape every fight or chase enemies in order to finish them off.
Her survivability is insane, healing orb (max 300 hp) + life steal from secondary fire
Her damage isn't even low, in a 1v1 she has 50 dps from her secondary fire + a total of 200 damage from her biotic orb which is enough damage to kill every squishy hero pretty fast.

instant downvote what is wrong that a Suppport has a good survivability ? ohh wait because she isnt a free kill

Learn to read, read the entire post, then come back. God, this forum is ruled by support mains who are diamond and below. I bet you also liked the mercy meta and the fact that she was OP and required 2 neurons to be played. Same about Moira but she requires a little bit more skill than Mercy. This forum would buff brain dead heroes just to be easier for them to rank up. Just like what happened to junkrat.
I have a good idea... GIT GUD, learn mccree, soldier, widow, genji/tracer, ana, zen and get out of plat. Don't expect to climb by playing low skill floor heroes.

Learn to read, read the entire post, then come back. God, this forum is ruled by support mains who are diamond and below. I bet you also liked the mercy meta and the fact that she was OP and required 2 neurons to be played. Same about Moira but she requires a little bit more skill than Mercy. This forum would buff brain dead heroes just to be easier for them to rank up. Just like what happened to junkrat.
I have a good idea... GIT GUD, learn mccree, soldier, widow, genji/tracer, ana, zen and get out of plat. Don't expect to climb by playing low skill floor heroes.

You know for someone who keeps telling others to git gud, you REALLY should take your own advice. Theres also other counter arguments presented to you and you have yet to respond to any of them except ones that insult you, why is that? Can you not rebuttal other peoples arguments?

Also, Moira giving you trouble? Heres a thought and advice from yourself.

02/18/2018 06:30 AMPosted by AimlockEnox

I have a good idea... GIT GUD
her secondary fire is an auto lock beam

*coughSOFTLOCKcough*
This has got to be the most clickbaity thread title on the whole front page.
when you acknowledge that moira's beam is softlock, I'll read your thread. until then, you're nearly GM.. act like it.
This forum would buff brain dead heroes just to be easier for them to rank up. Just like what happened to junkrat.

I actually hope Symmetra get's buffed only to see people like you cry even more. Maybe then you will ''GIT GUD'' against Moira, because she only punishes you if your aim is bad. I'm sure someone in masters like you doesn't have that problem, right?

I have a good idea - grow up.
02/18/2018 04:58 AMPosted by dostheboss
the lifesteel is 30 hps. If you add a healing orb it's 80 hps. If you are a good dps or tank player, you will be able to do more dmg.
Also when will people understand that this is a team based game, if you stay with your team Moira can't do anything to you except some chip dmg.
Thing is you're taking 83 away from whatever actually hits Moira. Say you're Soldier and you're 50% accurate. You do net 6 dps to her. However the damage orb probably makes the matchup with her worse.
Reaper does a great job of shutting down Moira. Two shots in Reaper's effective range and she's down. Doesn't matter how much self healing she has going, Reaper can still win.
"you are a genji main"
02/18/2018 07:05 AMPosted by toop
the lifesteel is 30 hps. If you add a healing orb it's 80 hps. If you are a good dps or tank player, you will be able to do more dmg.
Also when will people understand that this is a team based game, if you stay with your team Moira can't do anything to you except some chip dmg.
Thing is you're taking 83 away from whatever actually hits Moira. Say you're Soldier and you're 50% accurate. You do net 6 dps to her. However the damage orb probably makes the matchup with her worse.

S76 prolly wasn’t the best choice for this example. He can kinda do the same with her via biotic field- she’d only be doing 10dps. Moira also tends to move in more telegraphed ways to keep the beam locked- I generally go for a mix of headshots and body shots, maybe a cheeky helix to solve it quickly. That’s only 1v1 potential. There’s of course on cooldown scenarios for both but I don’t think that’s a Moira favored 1v1 due to his kit and relatively easy gun. It’s even worse for her when he’s with his team.
02/18/2018 07:18 AMPosted by Panduh
<span class="truncated">...</span>Thing is you're taking 83 away from whatever actually hits Moira. Say you're Soldier and you're 50% accurate. You do net 6 dps to her. However the damage orb probably makes the matchup with her worse.

S76 prolly wasn’t the best choice for this example. He can kinda do the same with her via biotic field- she’d only be doing 10dps. Moira also tends to move in more telegraphed ways to keep the beam locked- I generally go for a mix of headshots and body shots, maybe a cheeky helix to solve it quickly. That’s only 1v1 potential. There’s of course on cooldown scenarios for both but I don’t think that’s a Moira favored 1v1 due to his kit and relatively easy gun. It’s even worse for her when he’s with his team.
You're right - Soldier's not the best example considering his whole kit, but my point was that damage or healing numbers can be more significant than they seem because of other factors. This is why e.g. 50 dps with no spread but assisted aiming is undeniably effective - Moira will quite reliably get the whole 50 dps.

Looks like op snapped =\

Didn’t you say something about “git gud”...?

Also your mixing up your terms. Having a low skill floor means that player will have minimal impact if they aren’t very good at the hero. A high skill floor is a hero that has a significant impact even if the player doesn’t really know what they’re doing. Mercy is a high floor hero, Ana is a low floor hero. Looking at your list of heroes am I correct in saying that you main McCree (everyone else seems to have 4 different accounts for some reason...). Moira isn’t really a threat to you... McCree does significantly more damage than her and if she tries to go into a room with you you’ve got your flash. Furthermore, you probably shouldn’t get into many 1v1’s with her unless someone is either woefully out of position or going on a sneaky flank run (either case McCree still wins). Finally, you seem to be under the impression that mechanical aim is the only skill that should have an impact. You probably should work on positioning (THE skill for supports) if Moira is killing you somehow... =\

Perhaps you should
"Git gud and learn to aim if you want to kill Moira".

=P
02/18/2018 05:14 AMPosted by AimlockEnox

Then why does Moira leave her team to overextend? Oh right, because she knows she can't die that easily.
And then her team dies because of lack of heals
"let me cry about moira in this thread and defend genji in every other post I make because he's totally not Op and I'm totally not biased because I'm a dps main who likes to have supports for free food or anything"
Gengo main lol it's called a counter.
Just give her an ammo meter for her right click and it will solve the braindead nature of her attacks.

So she has to manage a reload animation like everyone else.

• She has one of the best abilities to escape, with only 6s cooldown she can escape every fight or chase enemies in order to finish them off.
  • Tracer can blink/recall. Mercy can GA. Genji can dash. Hanzo can wall climb. Dva can fly. Winston can jump. Lucio can wall ride. Sombra can translocate. Moira's short distance fade's just another mobility skill that's in no way the 'best ability.'
  • Her survivability is insane, healing orb (max 300 hp) + life steal from secondary fire

• Moira's life steal's 30/s assuming her beam's constantly connected. Her survivability is not 'insane.' It might seem insane for someone who chose to duel Moira in some close quarter not paying attention and baiting out her skills. Anyone with better mechanical skill/game sense should be able to 1v1 any other similar hp heroes. And why's survivablilty an issue anyway? Genji/Tracer/Sombra/Hog/Mei also have really good survivability, should they all be nerfed too?

• Her damage isn't even low, in a 1v1 she has 50 dps from her secondary fire + a total of 200 damage from her biotic orb which is enough damage to kill every squishy hero pretty fast.

• 50/s is lower than almost all heroes (prob all?). And honestly, no one should be obsorbing/getting hit by all 200 dmg of her orb. If you are, you were either fighting her in a tiny room, or were moving in the orb's direction which just means someone knows what they're doing and someone doesn't. If someone (esp dps) can't do more than 50/s while dueling close range, they're just bad. In comparison, widow can 1 shot none tanks every second.
      All these mentioned above + her great healing (I think she is the 2nd best healer in the game right now?)

Theoratically, Ana's able to output more healing/s, but due to how weak grandma has been for the past 6 mo, Moira's a very good healer in the current meta. And it's not like out of a roaster of 5, all of them can be primary/secondary healer.

You talk about Genji having a forgiving kit. What about Moira? She engages in a 1v1, her secondary fire is an auto lock beam, her orb can be used in 2 cases: she is under pressure -> use healing + the life steal from secondary fire will make her unkillable unless a godlike McCree will hit 2-3 headshots without missing (I have to see this yet) or she isn't under pressure -> use damage orb to kill enemies faster. You are about to get killed? Press shift and fade away to safety.

(What Moira's doing all these 1v1??) Why didn't they bait out Moira's fade/orb? Why is the person allowing Moira absorb all 300hp of her orb? Don't duel her in closed quarters, pay attention to where the orb is going and avoid it/lead the fight elsewhere.Why isn't the McCree using flashbang? If the McCree can't get 1 headshot off right after flashbang when dueling, then he should prob practice more.

Another thing I hate is that Moira players can overextend without getting punished (with a bit of game awarness you won't get punished). Just overextend, isolate an enemy and easily kill them in 1v1. Their teammates come in to save them? Fade away. Even Genji is punished more often + Fade is a way better escape ability than dash.

If someone on the red team's constantly overextending and getting free kills without being punished, that's just because the blue team's allowing them to. Other than Widowmaker, nobody should be getting isolated by anyone. If they are, they're out of position or getting spawn camped. And if they are being camped, blue team should step up. And how's fade a 'way better' escape ability than dash? Dash resets and deals damage. Moira might be able to fade jump but genji can wall climb without cd.

Someone says "Git gud and learn to aim if you want to kill Moira". I can say the same about those who cry because they can't kill Genji (for some reason). Just git gud and learn to shoot genji, oh you can do it but unlike Moira, Genji doesn't have such a great survivability so he will die faster.

Genji's kit allows him to do way more damage and have skills that makes his movement way more unpredictable. Honest question, are you for real when you wrote you don't consider Genji to have great survivability?

My suggestion?: I think she is pretty balanced overall but the life steal for secondary fire needs to be nerfed. If she wants to engage someone in a 1v1 then she has to make an important decision: use damage orb to kill enemies faster or healing orb for more survivability. This thing doesn't happen right now because her life steal is too good. She is not only a good counter for flankers, but for every 200hp hero in this game. She can 1v1 everyone as long as she keeps the distance.

This paragraph makes no sense. Her orb works exactly the way you discribe it now and people are using it those exact way.
    So Moira is a no skill character that is being played by no skill players yet they can easily overcome all your skill and beat you easily

(That means you aren't as good as you think you are)