How many of you climbed to your rating.

Competitive Discussion
And if so, how long did it take you?

In my experience most people stay where they place, and in the rare instances where they do climb it's on a new account that gains a ridiculous amount of rating compared to an older account that barely gains enough rating to break even.

I realistically doubt that a lot of you could climb to your current rating from Bronze based on how hard it is to climb through Bronze or Silver without forming a pre-made.
I dropped to my rating. very pleasant experience dropping 1.5k because matchmaking put you super high on your first season. i think i dropped to 700. I'm at 800 now, season high is 1k. It took me the entire season to get to 1k, but 2h to drop back to 700
Started in season 5 around 2000 and climbed to a high of 3200 now. I solo q'd 75% of the time and when i did que its just for fun with irl friends

Time wise i spent 15ish hours for the s5 and then 100 hrs on s6 and s7
Bronze to stable mid gold (high point in plat). 5 seasons?

Around 700 hours. My mechanical skill was BAD. So it took a long time to break out of bronze.
Started of in season 1 as a bronze, been as low as 19 (old skill rating)
Was my first FPS on a PC ever.
been climbing ever since. Slow, but steady. Last week finally reached Diamond level.
02/18/2018 11:36 AMPosted by Peng
And if so, how long did it take you?

In my experience most people stay where they place, and in the rare instances where they do climb it's on a new account that gains a ridiculous amount of rating compared to an older account that barely gains enough rating to break even.

I realistically doubt that a lot of you could climb to your current rating from Bronze based on how hard it is to climb through Bronze or Silver without forming a pre-made.

I went from ~2900 placement to 3750 (at one point) mostly solo
I've been climbing bit by bit since season 1 c: (Except this season, i took a break and decayed lmao. Been getting my pubg on yknow)
My initial placements were 1800s Silver. Over the following seasons I've gotten my career high to 2600s, but currently firmly in mid-high gold.

I climbed through actual training on a character. Practiced blinking without hitting walls, tracking moving targets, configuring sensitivity. I could climb as Tracer because I could make impactful plays, and learned how to stay alive. My goal is to get as high a kill streak as possible so I'm always contributing and distracting. I try to mitigate risk and attack when the enemy is distracted, when I have recall up, and if I can have an escape route to either a health pack or my team.

I've stagnated because I stopped focusing on my improvement. Also my internet connection has not been the same since Dec when we had to get a new box. Even though I have my best win% this season yet at 64% or something, I must be playing worse because I'm not climbing.
I was in Diamond in season 7, dropped at the end to 2965 still having the Diamond rank tho.
Season 8 arrived started playing placement, not to bad to be honest. won 6 lost 3 drew 1.
I was so mad, when I saw I got placed at 2645. I just didnt get how even I got placed so low. I didnt expect to like be placed in mid-Diamond again but atleast 2900.
After a few matches today I dropped a bit again now im around 2640.
Sad to see how I dropped 300 SR for no reason at all.
Bronze to low gold/high silver in one season and now I dance around 1900-2100 since last season.
Not really from plat to almost silver in last week of comp on my other account
i got from silver to high gold in about 50h across 3 seasons, tho i played pretty casually untill this season
I've gone from Silver to Masters over 7 Seasons and 851hrs of Competitive play. I have gone from maining support to DPS and back to support again. Currently I play support heroes + Sombra, Doomfist and a couple tanks.
I went from 2400 to 3400 in one season, then to 4000 the next. I've kinda hovered around there ever since, slowly lowering.
Started off in low bronze and I think after...3 or 4 seasons I've peaked at about 2400! Every season definitely made improvement so I hope to see more of that.
People climb in this game? Been gold s1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
from 1k to 1500 in almost no time (basically 2 weekends) once i started playing orisa and moira. im good at both, tho most of my clutch play was as moira.

last weekend i think i had a 2 hr long win streak, was a nice boost.. and last night i hit 1500 so i decided to leave it there. im higher rated on my other account but whatever. comp is gambling and i no longer wanna solo queue.

when a game frustrates you so much that you wanna hurt ppl, its time to do things a bit differently
I got from under 500 to almost plat but I dropped to low-mid gold in about 3 seasons I mostly played genji but the thing that helped the most NOT PLAYING WITH FRIENDS. Mostly now I play Ana and tanks but I'm winning games most of the time so I'm happy almost on my 2nd gold gun too
went from high silver to low diamond in a couple seasons
I only solo queue comp and I go up and down SR depending on the matchmaking system and nerfs/buffs, how many trolls there are, etc. There are also constant balance changes that affect gameplay.

This season has been most improved with regards to throwers and trolls so please keep using the report feature and keep the quality of matches up.