How many of you climbed to your rating.

Competitive Discussion
Started Season 1 at 50ish, think I hit GM in season 3 or 4. Now I'm pretty much always hovering between 3.6 - 4k with whatever Hero I decide to main that season. I have also ranked up new accounts to around 3.8 several times so that is probably where my average skill is at.
My OW competitive is rather a sad story. I placed SR44 in S1 (old system) - bounced around 46-48 most of the time. Got screwed in a lot of games due to KotH bug where you get no XP and enemy leaver bug where you also get no XP for win.

S2 started well, place SR ~2050, climbed to ~2200 and then one weekend I hit the leaver plague - can't rememeber exactly how many games, but more than 10 games rigged by leaver for sure. Dropped to 1850-ish and basically stopped season there - frequent leavers ruining the game were just to much frustration to handle.

S3 was the infamous where they artificially cut SR to increase player distribution spread. Been place around 1550 (down from 1800) - climbed back up to season high 1880 just to drop down to 1300 due to another leaver plague followed by tilting due to said leaver. At that point I lost any motivation to play comp and will to improve my skill. So basically stopped playing competitive at that point.

S4-S7 - as mentioned, barely played competitive and OW in general - did my placements, checked upon events and that's about it. After S7 I was SR 1540.

S8 - started current season just on Feb 9, somehow found some will to try and do my best to maybe climb back to gold. I was pretty lucky - no leavers, just very few throwers and climbed back to gold (SR 2003) going 29W-15L-1D and stopped immediately as I hit it. The reason for that - game still doesn't feel great without preferred role queue - had 4support mains, had 4-5dps mains, etc on my team where we were lost cause right of the bat. Few other times seemed like enemy is in such spot and we shut them off right on the spawn (couldn't even touch the payload - isn't that absurd?). So yeah, still slot machine MM and while situation with leavers seems improved a bit - game is not in the state where I'd feel like dedicating myself to it.

TL;DR I can climb when I find will to do so after previous falls, but with everything being so all over the place you can't even tell who is and who is not at their true ELO. Only this season I've seen few people who have no clue whatsoever on how to play the game and few people objectively better than me - despite we all sharing ~same SR. Without preferred role queue nothing will change for the better and S9 is definitely not the one where we get it, so I think I'm passing on S9, because what's the point???
I first started playing overwatch in season 5 and as soon as I got to lvl 25 did my placements. Overwatch was my first shooter so I was really bad at it ( as expected ) and placed around1.2k Bronze. I really liked the game so I kept playing. I have spend around 170 Hours of playtime alone that season since its such a great game. I Climbed all the way from 1.2k that season to 2.5k and so ended my season in low plat. Season 6 I gained a minoir improvement in SR so I ended at 2.8k and now in season 8 Im a 3.3k rated diamond player.
Started playing competitive in season 1, not sure how to relate the rating from that season but I was gold in season 2. I've spent 99% of my time in competitive solo-queuing, and consistently improved 1 rank every season.

Gold s2, Plat with a 3010 peak s3, Diamond s4, Masters s5, GM s6 and Top 500 s7. It's taken me an obscene amount of hours though, I'm level 1700-something and more than half of that is from competitive.
i have been playing from S2, sometimes i play a 150 games in a season, sometimes barely 60. i started in low gold, and now I'm in S8 in low plat. climbing 500 sr in 7 seasons is not that great, but I'm happy with it (especially cause i main heals and tanks).
I used to play a solo Queue more, that is a terrible idea. now i have enough friens to always duo and the 6 stack games are also more fun, even if we end up losing
My original placement when I bought the game last summer was like 1700. I’ve climbed over 1000sr and have reached my current peak of like 2860 this season. I’m trying to get to diamond before the season ends
I climbed from Silver(1771 is where I placed) to Masters(peak atm is 3637) from Season 2 to Season 8. I’ve played in groups and solo queued. I hit Gold in solo queue, Platinum and Diamond in groups, and Masters in solo queue. I could easily climb out of Bronze if I made a smurf. On my alt(I’m trying to practice my Ana and Zenyatta mostly) I was playing in Gold for my first few games because generally my QP MMR is atrocious. However, the games were hilariously easy and it only confirmed to me that there was no way anyone in the lower ranks actually deserves to be higher and simply couldn’t climb due to a broken system.
Started rank 42 season 2 2505 season 3 2948 season 4 2686 season 5 3007 season 6 3148 season 7 3355 season 8 3421 just dropped to 3170. Diamond been the hardest to get out of. It's where boosted and one tricks resides and forever grieve.
02/19/2018 11:22 AMPosted by JuicyBrucie
Started rank 42 season 2 2505 season 3 2948 season 4 2686 season 5 3007 season 6 3148 season 7 3355 season 8 3421 just dropped to 3170. Diamond been the hardest to get out of. It's where boosted and one tricks resides and forever grieve.

Or maybe you are just a Diamond player and need to improve.
Season 4 started at 2600, then slowly climbed from that to being currently stuck around 4200-4400.

I only solo que.
I have had to do the climb from around 2500-2600 to 3000 every season. I hit my goal of diamond and then usually just stop competitive because it's exhausting getting there. It would usually take around 3 weeks.

This climb wasn't that bad until the mercy rework happened. For whatever reason, I had a really hard time enjoying playing her (I play her a lot) and I also had a hard time playing against her. I didn't adapt to that meta well, so last season was the first season I didn't hit diamond. I was stuck at 2700 for a long !@# time and just didn't get it.

This season I was stuck at 2700 again before mercy was nerfed and it felt like I wasn't going to hit diamond again...when mercy was nerfed, I switched to moira (who I love) and have been given the opportunity to tank more (which I also love) and i hit diamond from 2650 in two days.

I place low plat every season and climb from there. I'm not a diamond player. I quit as soon as I touch it. I've peaked at 3411 and felt that rank was getting very hard for me. I'm just much more comfortable in plat. That's fine.

Edit: not that it matters, but I hit diamond soloqueueing. I do play with friends, but it's not usually that successful for me.
02/19/2018 11:24 AMPosted by SquidKD
02/19/2018 11:22 AMPosted by JuicyBrucie

100% solo que who didn't use mercy to climb out of rank and abused the system and got boosted by group of friends. Lecture someone else.
I climbed solo queue this season (S8, my first season in OW comp) from high bronze to low diamond over a couple weeks of lots of grinding. It took a lot of luck I suspect.
02/19/2018 01:11 PMPosted by JuicyBrucie
02/19/2018 11:24 AMPosted by SquidKD

100% solo que who didn't use mercy to climb out of rank and abused the system and got boosted by group of friends. Lecture someone else.

You complained about boosted players and one tricks. Maybe you should realize that I don’t care how you get to your rank, but instead about how you feel that you deserve a higher rank without getting it. I will lecture anyone who complains about “throwers” no matter what.
my ranking has risen about 300 points total since i started playing comp since it started
I was low gold for the first few seasons, and have "climbed" to mid Platinum where I've been the last two seasons. I don't quite feel like I've climbed though, I've definitely improved, but I always feel about the same...