Sick of Tanks and healers griefing every single game

Competitive Discussion
Why [Edited by Blizzard] Tanks and Healers are the one who decides to throw every single game?

Mercy swaps doom fist = no healers
Reinhart swaps Sombra = no tanks
Ana swaps to Tor and build turrets in base

They just ruin the comp of every single match when they get pissed by just dying people not even say anything to them.

Honestly I have never saw a Tracer main swaping to mei just for trhow the match.

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to language. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/code-of-conduct/
DPS mains throw by playing badly way more often...
If you of have one tank and healer the throwing started with the dps not the tank or healer.
<Removed by forum moderator for toxicity>
Been seeing a lot of mercy throwers in diamond in the past week. It's getting frustrating.
02/19/2018 07:27 AMPosted by Desire
Why [Edited by Blizzard] Tanks and Healers are the one who decides to throw every single game?

They just ruin the comp of every single match when they get pissed by just dying people not even say anything to them.

Honestly I have never saw a Tracer main swaping to mei just for trhow the match.

100% wrong DPS are the throwers this whole season. I been getting gold, and every card at the end of my match always playing hardcore tank mostly DPS are the reason why am so done with season 8...
Why would i tank and heal for 4 to 5 dps mains that then complain bout no tanks and heal but wont play them thier selves. I semi enjoy tank and support but usless most times due to horribal comps
when you say griefing I call it just getting sick of the nonsense , had a game earlier only 1 tank Winston I'm Moira, Winston constantly jumping in on his own dying and flaming me for not healing me felt like switching to dps myself the annoying things is I have 40+ hours on Winston wouldn't listen to any of the advice I was trying to give him.
02/19/2018 07:31 AMPosted by Djinn

1) Tanks are the carrys in this game, if they dont create an opportunity then theres no shot to hit.
2) Throwing tanks/healers are mostly other dps mains, who simply arent great or had enough of the filler role.
3) The supply/demand difference for number and popularity of dps heroes is huge. You need 2-2-2 yet i doubt theres 4-1-1 available, probably more like 5 dps for 1 healer/tank main.

Because tanks and healers want to play dps. Dps already are playing what they want. If a dps wants to throw they'll stay on their character because they enjoy them the most and just [Edited by Blizzard] around. If I wanted to throw i'll switch to genji and have fun.

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to language. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/code-of-conduct/
02/19/2018 11:25 AMPosted by Flumek

1) Tanks are the carrys in this game, if they dont create an opportunity then theres no shot to hit.
2) Throwing tanks/healers are mostly other dps mains, who simply arent great or had enough of the filler role.
3) The supply/demand difference for number and popularity of dps heroes is huge. You need 2-2-2 yet i doubt theres 4-1-1 available, probably more like 5 dps for 1 healer/tank main.

I don't know if tanks are carries as you're very reliant on your team, but creating space is probably the hardest concept in the game.

Edit: The second hardest is space usage. Watching the OT, DPS, and support leave you to hang is an exercise in anger management.
If this is an ongoing problem for you, I suggest you learn how to play tanks or supports.

It isn’t proven, but chances are if this is happening to you frequently there is something you are doing to make the tanks or support give up on their role and try to help the team in another way since to them it seems like the team lacks damage.

It could be their poor play, but most likely since it happens to you a lot more then me (And i play symm of all things) that it is probably either your play or attitude toward those players.
Here's what happens in my games often:

I play a fair bit of tanks/healers across my accounts and the reason i will switch off is the rest of the team, typically dps, don't use the tanks don't allow them to do their job.

Frequently dps will scurry off in all directions avoiding points and payloads as if you got AIDS from spending time there. Someone needs to go there though, you know, for winning games, but DPS will be too slow to engage with you or simply being somewhere else entirely failing to kill some healers. In these situations being tank is useless.

And in the same situation as above, dps fracks off leaving healers to be serial killed without defense. You never get to heal anyone, so going dps or tank is the sensible choice.
It usually happens when those who insta locked DPS are playing the role like a potato, especially if they won't swap or change their tactics when the team asks. There have been a few rare occasions where I've switched from an off-tank to something like Junkrat as third DPS just to try and turn the match around.

I don't understand, wouldn't you just swap to fill and increase your chance of winning?

I remember one game recently on watchpoint Gibraltar where we had 2/2/2 I was a tank, but 1 of our healers was simply not doing anything useful. I actually swapped off tank to healer because the team wasn't getting enough heals. We had triple healer for a while, but I did what was necessary and healed our 2 star players of the match.

We won.

Now imagine if I refused to switch when I saw the current team dynamic wasn't working or I saw a deficiency.

Imagine if I logged onto the forums and ranted at people being selfish cos they are bad. I'd be annoyed and likely 23 SR in the hole. How is that better than just winning?
thats not a issue with tanks and healers thats an issue with trolls lol
<Moderated post removed>

I have run into these people... Took me a bit to figure out why I was dying on Rein when I wasn't being focused... turns out our Mercy never healed anyone but her buddy the dps.

02/19/2018 01:42 PMPosted by Hauven
It usually happens when those who insta locked DPS are playing the role like a potato, especially if they won't swap or change their tactics when the team asks. There have been a few rare occasions where I've switched from an off-tank to something like Junkrat as third DPS just to try and turn the match around.

More often then not if I swap from tank/heals to dps it is because of the dps. These groups are always the ones playing so poorly it takes them a while to figure out I stopped tanking. One match our dps was so bad that our only healer Mercy changed to bastion and sat with me on the payload(it worked we won) and it took about 3 minutes before anyone else even noticed the healer swap.

"OMG WE NEED A SHIELD TANK!!!" Sure I'll go back to standing around solo as Orisa/Rein because no one will follow me. I have even tried following the group and just jumping in front when needed... and they still spread out. Its like Orisa/Rein shields have some kind of repellent effect.

Can't count the amount of players who never switched as Genji while they were getting countered and lost me tons of games. Tanks? Yeah, them too, but only because those people didn't main tanks.