Fixing Arcade to make it fun

General Discussion
So with arcade being very unbalanced due to a lack of rank based team compositions, lower level players often get beaten into dust with no chance of winning. also given that most players go to arcade for easy (supposedly) lootboxes i suggest the following change:

9 points gets you 1 of your 3 weekly lootboxes
3 points awarded for a win
2 points awarded for a draw
1 point awarded for a loss

this way even if you never win a game you can still have fun knowing you'll get your gosh darn silly lootbox! =)
Hey, I can idle in nine matches and get three lootboxes!
Why do people constantly suggest they earn points for losing? Arcade would devolve into nihilism because now there is absolutely no incentive to actually play the game.
02/19/2018 02:44 PMPosted by Esoterica

It would be 21 matches. But the point is still valid, the reason why loses doesn't earn loot boxes is this exact reason. I'd rather the current system than watch people AFK for matches on end making the games less fun.
02/19/2018 02:45 PMPosted by Pakaku
Arcade would devolve into nihilism because now there is absolutely no incentive to actually play the game.

Because winning is inherently more fun than losing? Because wins would grant more points towards the boxes to earn them at a faster rate?
02/19/2018 02:46 PMPosted by FupDup
Arcade would devolve into nihilism because now there is absolutely no incentive to actually play the game.

Because winning is inherently more fun than losing? Because wins would grant more points towards the boxes to earn them at a faster rate?
It's not fun to play Arcade, or any game mode, if your entire team is idling or not bothering to try and play the game.
02/19/2018 02:46 PMPosted by tuckervb
02/19/2018 02:44 PMPosted by Esoterica

It would be 21 matches. But the point is still valid, the reason why loses doesn't earn loot boxes is this exact reason. I'd rather the current system than watch people AFK for matches on end making the games less fun.

AFK still gives you the boot, and considering a lot of the time your team isnt trying anyway whats the harm? the reason they added lootboxes to arcade was to get people to play since like PTR few players actually participate. your trolls and throwers will still be present but at least you can be done with the garbage games sooner.
Why do people constantly suggest they earn points for losing? Arcade would devolve into nihilism because now there is absolutely no incentive to actually play the game.

the point of arcade is fun, and fun is gotten by winning or lootboxes. play against players rated 1000+ above you and let me know how much fun you're having. i'll gladly take my 21 loses for 3 simple lootboxes because thats what im after.
02/19/2018 03:10 PMPosted by Bubbles
02/19/2018 02:46 PMPosted by tuckervb

AFK still gives you the boot, and considering a lot of the time your team isnt trying anyway whats the harm? the reason they added lootboxes to arcade was to get people to play since like PTR few players actually participate. your trolls and throwers will still be present but at least you can be done with the garbage games sooner.

Yes the trolls/throwers/afkers are already present. But a system like this will only reward this behavior more.