Increase charge time on Rip Tire

General Discussion
Now before you guys start downvoting me, just please hear me out.

I've obviously played numerous games of 2CP with a Junkrat on defense... but I honestly believe rip tire is the most infuriating ult in the entire game.

Yes, I know it's easy to take out and when it is used in attacking situations, it's not super great. But when my team tries to make engagements happen on maps like 2CP during the second point, it really demonstrates why the thing needs to have more charge time.

There have been many times where my team and I could honestly never for the life of us make a single engagement without us hearing "FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!" during the fight. Numerous times we have been solo killed or multi killed causing us to lose the team fight all together.

Now you guys might be thinking "just shoot the thing. It's easy"

Well that sounds good in theory but its kind of a hassle to deal with the thing when you are already focused on an entire enemy team trying to wipe you out and get you off the point putting you in a position where you have to "pick your own poison."

Why do I use the poison analogy? It goes like this:

Try to focus the tire and then the enemy team will get free damage on you while you are all trying to focus the thing so it doesnt wipe out multiple teamates yet focus on the team that is trying to kill you and then the tire will have the ability to appear from anywhere and blow you or your allies up.

Its also a problem if we try to spread out. Once our team spreads out to avoid being multi killed, it just leaves the junkrat with the chance to find any open healers and get critical picks that will most likely help them win the team fight automatically and that to me is just unfair...

I don't mind the tire being in the game. Believe me, I dont. But I seriously think the ult's charge time needs some serious adjustments because something that powerful should not be able to be earned that often to the point where a Junk will get it at the start of every single engagement.
They should have done that to begin with, but alas, here we are
Well, if I'm playing him very well. I usually get 10 to 12 RIP tires in a single game. I be fine with a 10 percent ult rise charge.
Give both the mines 80 flat damage with 120 damage to trapped targets, then sure.

The way it should of been done in the first place.....
Junkrat is sitting ducks when he uses his ult and he doesn't even regain control instantly when he explodes the tire or when it gets shut down, he has to stand still for about 2 more seconds before you can walk with him again after using his ult.
You could try RIPPING it apart!
Aye?
No?
Ok :(
*in small voice* please don’t hurt me?
02/19/2018 11:52 PMPosted by Bard
Junkrat is sitting ducks when he uses his ult and he doesn't even regain control instantly when he explodes the tire or when it gets shut down, he has to stand still for about 2 more seconds before you can walk with him again after using his ult.

Doesn't really matter if you kill him during Rip-Tire as he still controls the Tire. Fixing the issue with him being a sitting duck during his ult would also mean the tire is destroyed when JR is killed. As it SHOULD be.
02/19/2018 11:52 PMPosted by Matsy
Give both the mines 80 flat damage with 120 damage to trapped targets, then sure.

The way it should of been done in the first place.....

trap shouldnt be 120 since it's the most inconsistent part of his kit. I really hate when people suggest switching the numbers on his trap and mine.

as for ult charge, we asked for a higher ult charge instead of damage fall off on mine but they gave us the damage fall off (which tbh isn't really a big deal since I made it a habbit to aim for the head with the mine during the beginning of overwatch. I use to think it crit lmao.)

but yeah a higher ult charge by like 10 to 15 percent would be fine in my book. I still think he would see play.