Canadian hero

General Discussion
So blizzard when are we getting a Canadian hero or map I heard you guys like hockey so what's the dealio can we expect one?
Pharah
02/20/2018 04:47 AMPosted by Flamedramon
Pharah

‎Fareeha Amari is Egyptian, not canadian.

02/20/2018 04:46 AMPosted by Derpwither
So blizzard when are we getting a Canadian hero or map I heard you guys like hockey so what's the dealio can we expect one?

You already have Mei saying "Sorry Sorry I'm Sorry Sorry", what more canadian can you get?

JK it would be cool
02/20/2018 04:52 AMPosted by ZekeShining
02/20/2018 04:47 AMPosted by Flamedramon
Pharah

02/20/2018 04:46 AMPosted by Derpwither

You already have Mei saying "Sorry Sorry I'm Sorry Sorry", what more canadian can you get?

JK it would be cool

It was written somewhere in the lore that pharahs dad is native Canadian or whatever they call them
Yeah and when will we get a hungarian hero? I want to ride a horse backwards and shoot arrows and hit people with a whip.. Why is Hanzo the only one with arrows? :D
02/20/2018 04:53 AMPosted by Flamedramon

It was written somewhere in the lore that pharahs dad is native Canadian or whatever they call them

Canadian is not a race it's a nationality, therefore it is not a transferable identity. It's like saying someone who was born in Europe is American because their mother came from America. Native canadians can be referred to as North American indians, which is a transferable racial identity.
When are we getting a Danish hero?

And if you say Torbjörn, I swear to Thor I'll punch you in the gabber.
02/20/2018 04:58 AMPosted by Nihil
Yeah and when will we get a hungarian hero? I want to ride a horse backwards and shoot arrows and hit people with a whip.. Why is Hanzo the only one with arrows? :D

As a Hungarian I want a Hungarian hero only if blizzard has the balls to made him/her the biggest troll in OW.
I want a meme like "mada mada" and "I need healing". :D
02/20/2018 04:52 AMPosted by ZekeShining

JK it would be cool

You are not wrong!
But having canadian blood doesn't make her canadian. She's still Egyptian as far as I'm concerned.
Axe throwing lumberjack in a checkered jacket!
To solve the confusion, pharah is canadian egyptian. Her dad is canadian, her mom Ana, is egyptian.
First of all, here are the English speakers' nationalities:
3 Americans, 1 British, 2 Australians and 1 Irish.
Total: 7 Heroes appr. 1/4 of the roster

Also, we've got a French hero in the roster.

My question is simple and it's irrelevant with Canada. Despite the current deviations between the former colonies of British Empire, you still share a part of English culture.
Is it so important for the rest of the world? No.
Can developers provide us exciting stories from other countries except English speaking ones? Yes.

I don't care about the nationality of the next hero, but I prefer to engage more "mada mada" quotes rather than accents that only a native speaker can really understand whether it's funny or not.

Here is a list of some exciting countries to have a hero:
Greece
Italy
Vietnam
Singapore
U.A.E.
Iran (Persia)
Yugoslavia

In Canada and many other countries location at birth determines your nationality by the way. Legally speaking. So Pharah's dad being Canadian doesn't make pharah canadian if she wasn't born in Canada.

Sure you can say she has canadian roots but that's it.

It's Jus soli vs Jus sanguinis. Canada uses Jus Soli.
yeah im pretty sure pharah's native skins are a referance to her being partially canadian from her dads side, sooooo yeah, kinda been done but im not opposed to more characters from that country
02/20/2018 05:03 AMPosted by SirDerpz

Canadian is not a race it's a nationality, therefore it is not a transferable identity. It's like saying someone who was born in Europe is American because their mother came from America. Native canadians can be referred to as North American indians, which is a transferable racial identity.
you say this as if canada didn't have natives. natives who's culture are hinted on pharah's skins. pharah who's father is most likely a native canadian/eskimo. also pharah could've lived in canada with her father after ana hid from the world for all we know. it was hinted in 2016's xmas comic that pharah might graduated from an engineering program due to how engineer graduates in canada wearing an iron ring much like what pharah wear/wore in said comic on her pinky finger

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/5jt4v4/somebody_figured_out_pharah/
02/20/2018 06:44 AMPosted by Xian396
02/20/2018 05:03 AMPosted by SirDerpz
you say this as if canada didn't have natives. natives who's culture are hinted on pharah's skins. pharah who's father is most likely a native canadian/eskimo. also pharah could've lived in canada with her father after ana hid from the world for all we know. it was hinted in 2016's xmas comic that pharah might graduated from an engineering program due to how engineer graduates in canada wearing an iron ring much like what pharah wear/wore in said comic on her pinky finger

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/5jt4v4/somebody_figured_out_pharah/

this would explain why she never speaks egyptian like her mom, she might of grew up in canada and only later started working in egypt
Timber, the Canadian Woodsman
2 "main" weapons with slow swap speed.
Weapon 1: Bolt-Action Rifle
Weapon 2: Axe

Skill 1: Tree Stand
Throws a platform that sticks to walls to use as a vantage point. While skill is on cooldown pressing the skill button will make Timber jump/hoist himself to the Tree Stand(if in range).

Skill 2: Hunting Decoy
Deploys a hologram decoy that partols in a set path.(similar placement tool as Icewall)

Ultimate: Call Chainsaw
Summons Timber's trusty robot wolf companion, "Chainsaw". Chainsaw will follow Timber and will lockdown nearby enemies(1 target at a time) with his powerful jaws.(think moving junkrat trap).