The Truth About People who complain genji/tracer

Competitive Discussion
They complain about genji tracer mostly because they dont have the skill to play genji tracer, there like that kid who doesnt make the basketball team and then says basketball sucks its so uncool, or that girl who doesn't make the cheerleading team and rebels by saying cheerleaders are all brats and throws fruits at them at the game. when they say genji and tracer are so broken and op what they mean to say is "man genji and tracer are so cool and fun to play and have such high skill caps i wish i wasnt a gold with 28% accuracy and my grandpas reflexs so i could play them too" thats what really is going on in there mind.
genji has the largest toolkit. he gets complained largely by all ranks. he used to have a couple even more insane things like the super jump launching himself across the map. his abilities are extremely powerful, but get progressively better the higher up in the rankings you play him with people having better skill at him etc. its not that his skill cap is really that high, it is that he gets a toolkit that is overpowered with skills that people have been complaining about since beta. for example his dash. it should only be refunded when it kills. as it is now he can dash through and then another player kills and it gets refunded. he also has insane one hit combos. hes just always been the overpowered hero, and of course people will complain, they should. until some of the newer heroes he literally ruined the game due to being so out of balance. he was extremely difficult to counter and kill. even at higher rank of master an grandmaster play, where they literally held ultimate's, just to counter genji. it sort of made the game revolve around countering genji. he still is off the mark in my opinion but he used to be worst.
02/14/2018 05:20 PMPosted by Nerva666
genji has the largest toolkit. he gets complained largely by all ranks. he used to have a couple even more insane things like the super jump launching himself across the map. his abilities are extremely powerful, but get progressively better the higher up in the rankings you play him with people having better skill at him etc. its not that his skill cap is really that high, it is that he gets a toolkit that is overpowered with skills that people have been complaining about since beta. for example his dash. it should only be refunded when it kills. as it is now he can dash through and then another player kills and it gets refunded. he also has insane one hit combos. hes just always been the overpowered hero, and of course people will complain, they should. until some of the newer heroes he literally ruined the game due to being so out of balance. he was extremely difficult to counter and kill. even at higher rank of master an grandmaster play, where they literally held ultimate's, just to counter genji. it sort of made the game revolve around countering genji. he still is off the mark in my opinion but he used to be worst.
can you show me all the masters and above players that are complaining about him cause ive seen maybe like 1-2 people that level out of thousands complain
They complain about Genji and Tracer because they have the highest skill ceilings of the game... And you still see Bronze-Gold players compulsively insta-locking them with literally no idea what they're doing. Like emulating EFFECT or Shadowburn is the easiest thing on the universe.

They're not even close to maining them (when there's probably another main in the same team that could put it to good use), don't have the skills (and think they do), and are clearly not open to personal improvement in any way you can put it.

There's a common PTSD among those elos precisely because of that... That's the kind of sad situation blizzard has turned the competitive system into.
02/14/2018 05:22 PMPosted by Nultsy93
can you show me all the masters and above players that are complaining about him cause ive seen maybe like 1-2 people that level out of thousands complain

you would have to go back to the first seasons like probably the first 4 seasons of comp. they complain less but ya, genji has always been a complaint in all ranks.
bruh u gotta chill
02/14/2018 05:10 PMPosted by Nultsy93
They complain about genji tracer mostly because they dont have the skill to play genji tracer

Personally, I complain about genji / tracer because they make me wanna kms when I play support.

Also, it's more reasonable to assume that people complain about genji / tracer because they don't have the skill needed to counter them. Genji isn't his own counter and tracer duels are long and hard.
I main 3 characters that counter them so they aren’t too annoying for me.
I mop them up easy.
It's OK. No one will be complaining about them soon. Once Sombra hits, it's over. As in finished.

Boop.
torb, sym, mei buff incoming will destroy genji, as well as the introduction of moira and doomfist as another viable counter, especially moira
Good job just assuming that everyone who criticizes a hero's balance must OBVIOUSLY be bad at that hero and really secretly just wants to play them. There certainly is no way people could make their arguments in good faith, NOOO. Also, good job shaming people for being a lower rank, you're definitely the kind of person we need in the community. I could now make a comment about Master-level-DPS players being too far up their own bum, but I'll refrain.

Anyway, while I don't have anything to say about Genji, there has long been a discussion among higher rank players, and esp. pros, that Tracer is a bit too good at, well, everything. So yeah, these aren’t just super-low skilled players whining about a hero being OP, they know what they’re talking about. Which you’d know if you’d actually tried to listen to people and not just assume things.

Here’s a very good video breaking down those arguments in regards to Tracer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joApfwZUcX0
(Don’t be immediately put off by the dislikes, a lot of them are by people like OP who have a hard time listening to actual arguments and get tilted when someone DARES to even suggest nerfing their main.)
I main Sym/winston I think to myself easy game inc when I see Genji.
02/14/2018 05:34 PMPosted by Nerva666
02/14/2018 05:22 PMPosted by Nultsy93

you would have to go back to the first seasons like probably the first 4 seasons of comp. they complain less but ya, genji has always been a complaint in all ranks.

What would you know about higher ranks when you're hard-stuck gold? Genji is not very good right now.
02/15/2018 02:43 AMPosted by Psych0
What would you know about higher ranks when you're hard-stuck gold? Genji is not very good right now.

They could've, and now HOLD ON TO SOMETHING: Read the competitive OW subreddit, read threads on here, watched pros and other high level players talk about game balance, followed professional analysts on twitter and so on and so forth.

This is about people complaining about certain heroes, which you can get a hold of if you read stuff on the internet. I don't know about you, but I certainly don't have balance discussions when I play at my rank in comp, which would make my rank completely irrelevant to the discussion at hand.