I'm sick of losing because of stupid people

Competitive Discussion
no communication, no team work, no calling anything out, one tricks, not switching not adjusting...why are you idiots even playing competitive? You don't have a competitive or a team oriented mind and you ruin the game for those of us trying really hard to accomplish something.

I hate the fact that my rank is greatly determined by 5 strangers who don't give a damn about anything but picking dps and sucking at it...
HERE HERE! I DO SAY I AGREE WITH THIS CHAP!
02/15/2018 08:34 AMPosted by Scorp
no communication, no team work, no calling anything out, one tricks, not switching not adjusting...why are you idiots even playing competitive? You don't have a competitive or a team oriented mind and you ruin the game for those of us trying really hard to accomplish something.

I hate the fact that my rank is greatly determined by 5 strangers who don't give a damn about anything but picking dps and sucking at it...

I know how you feel am getting sick in Solo Q most DPS are idiots hard to find a group to stack up cause most of the time they don't wanna group up!!!
02/15/2018 08:34 AMPosted by Scorp

Well stop playing a team game in solo q... Try to find friends or trustworthy people in order to group up.
2 years and still no clan/guild system. Also still no solo rank and group rank divisions. But hey we got cool skins and horrible owl.
02/15/2018 10:13 AMPosted by JuicyBrucie
2 years and still no clan/guild system. Also still no solo rank and group rank divisions. But hey we got cool skins and horrible owl.

this, pretty much!

I'm convinced it's because the player base isn't big enough anymore.

I would imagine that a lot of their base has dropped off and they don't want to put time into creating that if their base is shrinking.
I have to disappoint you, silver is no different. I climbed from 1540 final last season (I've been as low as 1200 in S4 or S5 I believe) to gold in over a week (yeah started S8 Feb 9 because I barely play comp past few seasons).

So just hit gold and won't touch it until next season so I don't screw up my next season starting point, because there is plenty of said "stupid people" and especially throwers who only care about season peak (for comp point bonus reward) and they then they play like whatever - which intensifies towards end of the season.

I played nearly exclusively Moira because I can not only heal but also pick out enemy squishies when our dps is picking their noses. Result - 26W-11L, the amount of idiots who either don't know what to do or don't even care to win was staggering.

I even doubt gold is any different, so my friend - you'd need probably climb to diamond+ to have less idiots ;) That is also the reason why I barely play competitive since S4.

What's more interesting is that there are also quite a lot of amazing teammates - for example the last 3 games prior claiming gold today where phenomenal. I lost one of those 3 and it still was phenomenal game - because you could see everyone tried really hard but enemy played just better - such losses don't even hurt... But basically all those last 3 games we had at least 4-5ppl on voice comms, people even were trading heroes ("hey could I play Hog? - Yea sure" and stuff like that), making switches when things don't work, grouping and working as team. It's just absurd how two games can differ as day and night - one can be phenomenal game, the next one absolute nightmare..

No idea why I never thought of a clan system. It's such a basic thing in most FPS's. Blizzard needs to seriously consider implementing it -- it wouldn't be very difficult, and it would make competitive at least a little less frustrating.
I know where your coming from but we can't do anything about them besides reporting the player. I'm always being asked why I main support in comp, it's because no one else will go support and everytime I didn't go people would yell at me for it.

Saying because I'm a girl I Have to play a support. I don't let them get to me but those players leave me no choice because they say that they will throw the game if I don't switch.

Welcome to comp my friends, the place for the people who are trying to get a better rank struggle.
U mean my 1st game of the day yesterday with 5 dps wasent meta an i got 5 golds as moira And lost? Granted 80% of my friends dont play any more 6 stack almost impossible
I always had this theory that when I ranked up a lot of these issues would go away. My logic was that maybe at higher tiers people would take the game more seriously, group up more, flex pick more, communicate better. So I got to Masters (3700ish range) and it didn't much better. If anything there are a lot of legitimately boosted people, Smurf accounts that don't care to win because "it's not my main", deranking throwers, and an increased amount of toxicity.

It's a problem across the board that needs to be actually addressed. Not swept under the rug.
02/15/2018 11:07 AMPosted by Outcast
I even doubt gold is any different, so my friend - you'd need probably climb to diamond+ to have less idiots

I have diamond friends. They say it don't get better.

IMO, its a matter of expectations. Sure, there are actual griefers here and there, and those should be reported every time you spot them. But I lost count on how many people think "playing bad" is equivalent to throwing, and its not.

Expect your team to try their (individual) best to win.

Expect your team to be cordial and civil.

Do not expect your team to build the exact team formation you have in your mind.

Do not expect your team to execute all actions flawlessly.

If any of those don't apply to your mindset when you play competitive, the problem is you. Not your team.