One change to Moira?

General Discussion
Honestly I find Moira a pretty decently balanced hero, the only thing I find irksome is the distance she has on her orbs. You can toss either a heal or damage orb a little way from spawn and if aimed right and ricochet to the point. The distance she can get on them is a touch ridiculous.

Even why I do play her I find it a bit cheap. (Fun but still a little cheap). I know that Zenyatta can get decent distance with his Discord Orbs, but his target needs to be in his line of sight. Moira and bounce her's off a corner and have continue on.

Might be a nitpick, but I just think a little less distance on the orbs might be needed.
02/15/2018 10:43 AMPosted by IsTheMedia
night pick

Enemy of the day pick?
Annoying =/= needs nerf.
Orbs have a random element to their bounce. Also, 50 DPS, deflectable, DM can eat it. Stick with your team and you'll only get 50 damage or less.
Also, if she's throwing damage orbs, that means she has the disadvantage of no extra heals. Take advantage of that!
02/15/2018 10:45 AMPosted by GrahamRavity
night pick

Enemy of the day pick?

Ah thanks for the point out of my spelling mistake, correct now.
02/15/2018 10:46 AMPosted by Anna
Annoying =/= needs nerf.

I'm not saying it needs a major nerf, just saying it's a bit ridiculous that when you're on the Blizzard World map, and Moira and toss an orb from the point and it reaches you when you get out of spawn.
02/15/2018 10:53 AMPosted by IsTheMedia
Annoying =/= needs nerf.

I'm not saying it needs a major nerf, just saying it's a bit ridiculous that when you're on the Blizzard World map, and Moira and toss an orb from the point and it reaches you when you get out of spawn.

Its not that strong and that bad. Junk Rat can nade pretty far, Pharah rockets have max range, widow still gets max damage, hanzo ult is map long.... far as cheapness goes, its not that bad.
Moira needs a lot of work to feel balanced, but honestly the first thing I would like is the ability to shoot the orbs to either make them lose their potency or just make them go away.

All I do when playing Mercy is sit there behind my tanks and get sucked and know theres nothing I can really do about it because If its getting me then its not hitting the DPS or tanks. I'd be nice if I could just whip out my gun and shoot it to make it rebound somewhere else or just go away.
I think her damage right click needs a slight reduced of its range (if i were to change anything about her).

I think moira is the correct model for all future supports and where they should be at.
The only nerf she needs is the distance of her primary attack. It can attack further than Zarya's beam, that seems fairly broken IMO.
Moira's right click is the lowest dmg in the game.... far as range goes, its pretty short tbh...
02/15/2018 01:58 PMPosted by IsTheMedia
02/15/2018 10:59 AMPosted by BSPlissken
Its not that strong and that bad. Junk Rat can nade pretty far, Pharah rockets have max range, widow still gets max damage, hanzo ult is map long.... far as cheapness goes, its not that bad.

Junkrat's nades do not travel as far as Moira's orbs.

For Hanzo you can literally just side step out of his ult, Moira's orbs can "reach" around and still give damage.

Pharah and Widow, I honestly don't have much issue with. Mainly cause, they need to have their targets in their line of sight, and once again Moira really doesn't.

I'm not even saying lower the damage of the orbs, just the distance the can travel or at the very least have their power decrease the further it travels/times it's active.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5cZbt3AV7c this is a guide on how to toss orbs from spawn (technically it's close to spawn) to the point.

You should be tossing healing orbs from spawn. Not damage. Because enemies will just dodge the damage orbs. Teammates will walk into the healing orbs.
Her orbs can be deflected or eaten by dva. Also they behave in unpredictable ways depending on the surface they bounce off of. I dont really see a reason to adjust their distance, most of the time they bounce off into the great unknown. If the Moria player is good enough to have learned a way to bounce an orb across the map accurately to the enemy spawn, i give major props to that person as they must be a mathematical genius.
02/15/2018 10:53 AMPosted by IsTheMedia
Annoying =/= needs nerf.

Did I say major nerf?
Just because an ability is annoying, it doesn't mean that it needs a nerf.
She is completely fine, just because she kills you in FFA or whatever doesn't mean she needs a nerf. Reposition yourself or stay with a team.
She is a healer that can fight back and needs to deal damage to replenish her healing meter. 20 meters really helps. She also only has 50 DPS with her right hand. Stop trying to find reasons to nerf her. She's a perfectly balanced Hero.