Calling it now. New Hanzo will be heavily HATED on here

General Discussion
Look. I'm a Hanzo main. I'm ecstatic that Hanzo is loosing Scatter. I'm even more hype for all the changes. However, many of us knows how the community works. The honeymoon period will quickly end. People will go from being happy he has to aim then hate on the same ability they praised.

"Volly is OP!"
"Spamzo requires no skill"
"He just shoots his arrows in a general direction and gets a few lucky hits"
"Scatter Arrow was better"
"What was Blizzard thinking replacing Scatter with an ability that can do more damage than Scatter could?!"

Watch what happens... and remember the Prophet known as Deprece... The Hanzo main.. who told you so...
was there ever really doubt about this

people complain about sonic arrow on here ffs, given that what Hanzo is getting is going to be a net buff no way people are actually gonna like playing against it here
I don't really care what he gets aslong as he can no longer one shot a tank with a non ultimate ability I'm happy, Hanzo will always be hated as he is designed as a sniper yet can get great results by just spamming in the general vicinity of chokes being killed by pure chance is never fun neither us being killed behind walls being able to counterplay is important Hanzo is anti counter play he just one shots almost everything in the game at least Widow has to hit you and needs los to do it.
I like it, hanzo gets a more consistent ability and it’s less frustrating to play against.
You are predicting that a good hero will be hated on the forums? Wow man you should buy a lottery ticket, you can see the future.
02/15/2018 11:50 AMPosted by RDK

people complain about sonic arrow on here ffs, given that what Hanzo is getting is going to be a net buff no way people are actually gonna like playing against it here

You are speaking Facts my friend. I'm getting disliked as expected. People want Scatter Arrow to go so bad that they dislike me thinking that there is no way people will complain with that gone. They forget that Hanzo will be more powerful. People will complain.

Just look at the Supports. They can't be left alone. There is always one on the nerf chopping block by the community.

Hanzo will be no different.
Volley is not much different than fan of the hammer ??
I hate this forum. But it’s the lack of conflict resolution that keeps pulling me back. Leaving this forum is like leaving your Dad’s house after he says “you’re a worthless child.” You come back to see if maybe things have changed for the better. But it won’t. Not until Dad and Overwatch are breathing their last...
02/15/2018 12:04 PMPosted by Deprece

You are speaking Facts my friend. I'm getting disliked as expected. People want Scatter Arrow to go so bad that they dislike me thinking that there is no way people will complain with that gone. They forget that Hanzo will be more powerful. People will complain.

Just look at the Supports. They can't be left alone. There is always one of the nerf chopping block by the community.

Hanzo will be no different.

I agree, people complain mercy is just Unfun to play as

If Hanzo will be balanced just like Mercy, maybe (just repeating: Maybe, not sure) people will complain with "Hanzo is unfun to play now"
i couldnt care less about his volley !@#$. let him deal a bazillion damage with it. i just hate that they give him an escape or engage. hes a sniper (or was) and being stationary should be his weakness.

hes just going to be anotehr dueling dps. they should remove the "defense" category alltogether
i hate scatter, but i like volley.
i couldnt care less about his volley !@#$. elt him deal a bazillion damage with it. i just hate that they give him an escape or engage. hes a sniper (or was) and being stationary should be his weakness.

hes just going to be anotehr dueling dps. they should remove the "defense" category all together
widow can disengage basically at will. with all the mobility in this game a hero that isn't sturdy enough to outlast a dive should either !@#$ out enough damage to make them a deterrent or escape, otherwise they are just dead in the water. A scatterless Hanzo does neither of these things.

Plus Hanzo isn't really a sniper. He is garbage at long ranges where you would use Widow. he's a projectile McCree who trades a stun for the ability to access high ground.
Im fine with volley.

I really am.

If he can hit me with 3 arrows in a row while firing full auto he deserved it. Im not sure if it should last 6 seconds though. That feels like a mini ultimate at that point.

Im also kinda fine with the horizontal leap. Especially since its on a cd.

Its an escape. Not a mash space furiously while in battle ability.
I'm stoked tho.. I think I'll actually try to learn him if they give him some of the fun changes they've mentioned!

I will always hate him though. Only because I feel like I usually die by a Hanzo spamming a random corner and I just happen to poke my dumb head at the wrong time XD

Can't hate against the skill of ppl like Wraxu and others tho. Legit, idk how they do it

No one with a straight face can seriously defend Scatter Arrow though.

The ability allows me, a non-DPS player, to consistently score kills. So much so that at the end of a match, I am awarded a card for scatter kills. In the hands of a great player, it's beyond over-performing.

Scatter could have been adjusted, rather than replaced. The biggest example I use is how much more effective Hanzo is at close to mid range engagement, with scatter allowing for those long range occasions in addition. Widowmaker for example is mainly long or close range, with little utility for mid. Her mine is really an advanced warning, sometimes being lucky to finish off an enemy. So why was Hanzo's utility scatter arrow, so much more effective? Match the damage of the mine, use it as a mass finisher from minor damage or just a general deterrent.

Instead, they've gone the path of not only replacing it with an untested, but to be tested ability. Judging by the track record of PTR however, regardless of community feedback on whatever is replaced, it will go live.

My biggest concern though, is this new unwarranted ability of dashing in a direction. Allowing him to avoid a potential dive. There was simply no need for it, and IMO it is probably going to be what most players dislike about any alterations to his utility, when facing him that is.

edit: If you're going to downvote, at least reply as to what you disagree with. I am yet to come across even an argument defending Scatter Arrow. It's all just pop-down votes.
OP, not to grammer police you, but the word you were looking for was prophet, not profit. Unless you are remaining funds after expenses. Then my bad. :-)

Interesting to see where this unnecessary rework goes as well. I call it unnecessary as scatter arrow just need a damage adjustment to keep it from killing full hp tanks. It was fine otherwise.
I don't think anything can tilt me more than being instagibbed for 450 damage by something that wasn't even aimed at my head or at my body in general.

At least dying to volley arrow you know Hanzo had to actually aim at you and track your movement to hit you. Already know dying to it will feel way less frustrating than scatter arrow.
Scatter deaths are by far the most frustrating thing in Overwatch for me. It literally makes me want to stop playing every single time. I won't be complaining.
Same could be said about many heroes. The launch of the game had people hating on Mei (is Satan xD), Bastion (always gets PotG, no skill), Sym (wtf that auto aim), Torb (turret does all the work -_-)and so on. Imagine if they were actually good enough to always hold their own? Jeeze, and you thought the hate for Genji and Tracer was bad.
I'm not sure how I could every be frustrated by volley damage considering the alternative was an ability that applied the same amount of damage in a single instant that the volley could do if he landed every single shot. Scatter arrow was disgusting and dumb against tanks; Volley applies the damage in a more palatable period of time to big targets, while also being much more useful in situations where he needs to land just a bit more chip to finish someone, having a higher maximum damage output with headshots, and not being ruined as easily by tricky terrain.

Sure he loses the insane close-range shotgun insta-kill, but he's getting an enormous mobility improvement to go with it, assuming Volley does make it into the game. Like the Mercy rework, they are clearly focused on keeping him fun to play while removing the feels-bad power of scatter arrow, and my expectation is the new Hanzo will be more broadly useful rather than weaker.