Calling it now. New Hanzo will be heavily HATED on here

General Discussion
Would it really still be Hanzo if he wasn't the most hated hero in the game?

I agree though. It's gonna be interesting.
They gave him McCrees old fan the hammer (with better hitboxes) and roll. Yeah people will complain.
After the Mercy fiasco and Roadhog’s one-shot and D.Va cycle of reworks, what would you expect from Blizzard?
The Blizzard forums already is a collective hate circle for the Shimada bros tbh.
At least he cannot shoot around the corner anymore. You now only die to his surprise ult that hits you through the wall. >.<
02/15/2018 12:40 PMPosted by TwinkGenji
The Blizzard forums already is a collective hate circle for the Shimada bros tbh.

Also Tracer, last I checked.

Sorry for the silent majority of Genji/Tracer mains that get dragged through the mud by the vocal minority. You guys really can’t make an argument without someone saying “Genji main LUL” or “Tracer main, nothing to see here”, etc.
02/15/2018 12:17 PMPosted by righthere
OP, not to grammer police you, but the word you were looking for was prophet, not profit. Unless you are remaining funds after expenses. Then my bad. :-)

Interesting to see where this unnecessary rework goes as well. I call it unnecessary as scatter arrow just need a damage adjustment to keep it from killing full hp tanks. It was fine otherwise.

I like money too. Yea though... my bad lol
02/15/2018 12:22 PMPosted by Buttercult
Scatter deaths are by far the most frustrating thing in Overwatch for me. It literally makes me want to stop playing every single time. I won't be complaining.

Yes, when you die because of RNG and not because of skill ...
It'll be interesting to see how it goes.

I'd assume in skilled hands the new ability is probably better than Scatter as it offers up to 960 damage but, I'm not sure how far down that'll translate.

Currently according to Master Overwatch Hanzo is 1.67 elims per minute with .22 Dragonstrike kills and .51 scatter kills leaving actual arrow related elims @ .94 (unless things count multiple times)

Hanzo hits less than 1 crit every two minutes on average.

Hanzo's also have an average accuracy of 20%. (That may be due to spam more than missing but, that's still really on the low side)

When I engage a Hanzo I'm always afraid they'll get lucky and one shot me and it messes me up a fair bit. With that ability, Hanzo needs to head shot me and bodyshot/bodyshot me 3x to bring me down unless I'm below full health or on Tracer that's going to be far less scary at lower skill levels.

With that said, it'll possibly stink for Tracer as the Hanzo only needs one lucky hs to kill her and gets six goes at it in two seconds.
I'm just archiving this when you are ultimately correct OP.
Volley accuracy better be nerfed a little or it'll be like fan the hammer except with no spread. You will delete any squishy that looks at you funny. And even at long ranges you will still be able to use it to pump out good damage. I'm sure it won't go out as described.
02/15/2018 01:40 PMPosted by Stunlaw
Volley accuracy better be nerfed a little or it'll be like fan the hammer except with no spread.
Keep in mind it puts out roughly 1/4 of old FTH's dps. The new ability (as it stands last we heard of it) is around the level of reaper's shotguns in terms of damage.
If you can hit me with your volley, more power to you. At least I know you aimed at me.
02/15/2018 12:08 PMPosted by Ninniq
i couldnt care less about his volley !@#$. let him deal a bazillion damage with it. i just hate that they give him an escape or engage. hes a sniper (or was) and being stationary should be his weakness.

hes just going to be anotehr dueling dps. they should remove the "defense" category alltogether

He's never truly been a "sniper". He's always mostly been a mid range duelist, like a projectile mccree with the ability to oneshot from range if you have the skill to land the headshots. Being jumped on IS his weakness, and he's mostly hard countered when jumped on by multiple or even solo enemies, requiring a really good flick headshot or scatter to save himself (or more headshots if its a tank like dva or winston), but he wont have that slight breathing room that scatter gives him, so they're giving him mobility to make up for it. They're trying to make him viable, and giving him mobility is a good way to do that.
02/15/2018 12:11 PMPosted by go123452
If he can hit me with 3 arrows in a row while firing full auto he deserved it. Im not sure if it should last 6 seconds though. That feels like a mini ultimate at that point.

The 6 seconds is the window in which the Hanzo has to fire all all (or none) of his 6 rapid fire arrows.

Compare this with scatter, which has no limited time window (can be activated and deactivated at will, as long as not fired), I think it's more skill-based.

Imagine seeing a Hanzo and knowing he's going to rapid fire you, just run back and hide for 6 seconds -- there, he has wasted his CD for nothing.
EVERYTHING is hated here, why would new Honzo be any different?
I see them releasing a op hanzo (like mercy) that dominates comp then leaving him for a while to let things boil up then nerf him into the floor to where he was before or worse.

I feel like this is a cycle and it’s gonna happen especially with the huge changes coming to sombra, hanzo, symmetra and torbjorn
02/15/2018 12:11 PMPosted by go123452
Im fine with volley.

I really am.

If he can hit me with 3 arrows in a row while firing full auto he deserved it. Im not sure if it should last 6 seconds though. That feels like a mini ultimate at that point.

Im also kinda fine with the horizontal leap. Especially since its on a cd.

Its an escape. Not a mash space furiously while in battle ability.

2 seconds; 6 arrows
02/15/2018 11:47 AMPosted by Deprece
Look. I'm a Hanzo main. I'm ecstatic that Hanzo is loosing Scatter. I'm even more hype for all the changes. However, many of us knows how the community works. The honeymoon period will quickly end. People will go from being happy he has to aim then hate on the same ability they praised.

"Volly is OP!"
"Spamzo requires no skill"
"He just shoots his arrows in a general direction and gets a few lucky hits"
"Scatter Arrow was better"
"What was Blizzard thinking replacing Scatter with an ability that can do more damage than Scatter could?!"

Watch what happens... and remember the Prophet known as Deprece... The Hanzo main.. who told you so...

Any change to any hero is heavily hated here, thats like the easiest prophecy ever.
02/15/2018 04:54 PMPosted by Lemmi
02/15/2018 11:47 AMPosted by Deprece
Look. I'm a Hanzo main. I'm ecstatic that Hanzo is loosing Scatter. I'm even more hype for all the changes. However, many of us knows how the community works. The honeymoon period will quickly end. People will go from being happy he has to aim then hate on the same ability they praised.

"Volly is OP!"
"Spamzo requires no skill"
"He just shoots his arrows in a general direction and gets a few lucky hits"
"Scatter Arrow was better"
"What was Blizzard thinking replacing Scatter with an ability that can do more damage than Scatter could?!"

Watch what happens... and remember the Prophet known as Deprece... The Hanzo main.. who told you so...

Any change to any hero is heavily hated here, thats like the easiest prophecy ever.

I'm still a Prophet tho lol