Why are all of the healers getting nerfed?

General Discussion
I mean... they get buffed, nerfed, buffed, nerfed super big and then...

Ana, Lucio, Mercy, (not sure about zen)

Wanna guess whos next?
Torbjorn?
Lol cuz Blizzard is catering to DPS mains and soon are gonna change the games name to DPSWatch.
02/15/2018 05:17 PMPosted by Rythix
Torbjorn?

I dunno. Maybe.
Had to flex a few times on lucio recently....

holy..... he feels soooo slow compare to when he had 200% speedboost and old wall ride.

not to mention i cant hide and heal making him totally unenjoyable
After Moira gets nerfed (and she will), Zen is next because I've already seen small pockets of communities wanting his discord and he's secondary fire nerfed.
I would outright quit the game if Zen were nerfed. That is probably the only circumstance under which Blizzard could get me to quit the game. He is balanced. His is probably the one support kit in the game besides Ana's that rewards the kind of mechanical skill people believe to be (or should be) the only important skill in the game.

That said, I think I would be more disappointed on principle were Moira to be nerfed. Because it would just prove that the devs don't want new heroes actually changing the meta (and potentially upsetting the perennial meta favorites).

I do think it's coming, though. The Moira nerf.
02/15/2018 05:15 PMPosted by Salvadorable

Wanna guess whos next?

Moira will be next. Since playing against her feels bad.

Then Zen. Since popping Transcendence to counter Dragonblade feels bad.

Clearly, main healers have no place in this FPS about killing people.

I'm sure someone will think of a reason to nerf Lucio too.... um.... being booped off the map feels bad?
I guarantee Moira is next. She has gotten A LOT of attention after Mercy’s nerfs and her pick rate tanking by over 60% in higher ELOs. It’s a vicious cycle. Moira will be nerfed, Ana will be buffed, Ana will be nerfed, Lucio will be buffed, then nerf, and Mercy again. Etc etc.
02/15/2018 05:19 PMPosted by Arceus
Lol cuz Blizzard is catering to DPS mains and soon are gonna change the games name to DPSWatch.

Stop preaching this bull!@#$. It's completely false.

They nerf supports because they're too strong.
Heck if I know... I suppose the majority of the player base are DPS players and most of them don't like having healers make it more difficult for them to get picks... I guess many of them would prefer if Overwatch was more like Call of Duty
Moment of remembrance for when Ana didn't get nerfed and was the linchpin of multiple metas and everyone accused Blizzard of favouritism.

I mean, they buffed the hell out of Zenyatta, partially reverted some of Ana's nerfs (and undid one on PTR), made Lucio more fun and still viable (no, it wasn't just a nerf), and made Moira who is absolutely amazing, and a result of the community wanting a morally questionable healer. They're also working on improving Symmetra as well, despite her not being a healer.

But yeah, Blizzard hates supports because they nerfed the one which had double the pickrate of the second most popular hero in the entire game, a result of them trying to make her more fun for everyone, not just to nerf her for the hell of it.

Nice echo chamber.
Ana: mandatory to win.
Lucio: rework not nerfs (was nerfed when very powerful but not ana level).
Mercy: mandatory to win.
02/15/2018 06:08 PMPosted by M3T4

Not really relating to this topic, but you got featured in a pretty popular Youtuber’s channel called Ragtagg in his most recent “forum criers” video lol
Hmm,

Lets see, what does it mean if Ana, Mercy, Lucio, Moira and Zenyatta are all must picks.

Wait no that cant happen at the same time.

Its almost as though overnerfing one support means another support becomes more popular without actually changing that support's power level.
02/15/2018 06:18 PMPosted by Nero
Not really relating to this topic, but you got featured in a pretty popular Youtuber’s channel called Ragtagg in his most recent “forum criers” video lol

Checked it out expecting to see one of my joke posts, wasn't disappointed.
02/15/2018 05:15 PMPosted by Salvadorable

Wanna guess whos next?

Right now, really good healers - ones that work on keeping the whole team alive and not just a few - are the actual carriers in the game. It's basically coming down to a point where the teams that dominate are based on which healers are healing more/better than the other team's.
you are forgetting about dps/tanks that were nerfed, not only healers.

some heroes gets changed more often than others for the sake of balance.
02/15/2018 06:08 PMPosted by M3T4

Support characters have the least carry potential in the game and have become the least desirable pick. Outside of the recent Mercy changes, lol at any of them being “too strong”
02/15/2018 06:35 PMPosted by Novah
Support characters have the least carry potential in the game
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Are we forgetting that an entire meta revolved around Ana for months? Are we forgetting Mercy became a must-pick when she got res as an ability? They can literally undo people's mistakes, and you don't think they have much carry potential?