After the Hanzo change, will People dive Hanzos more?

General Discussion
From my experience with Moira... Diving a Hanzo to insta gib him with a ball + right click can end up bad when he gibs you instead using scatter arrow. As hanzo would put it, "Never 2nd best!"

Do you think Hanzo will be dived more on average after the changes to his second ability now that people know volley will require a lot more skill to simply kill someone fast moving up or up close?

Will this cause Jeff to give Hanzo more hp?

___

What are your thoughts on this?
Probably. They have no reason to be afraid anymore.
Well, he can still put an arrow in your head, right?

Anyway, he's getting an additional leap ability, which makes it harder to dive Hanzos.
02/17/2018 01:33 AMPosted by Cloud
Probably. They have no reason to be afraid anymore.

That is what I was thinking too. Like with Moira, its already bad enough a hanzo has to deal with getting face melted by a ball + right click... but other heroes will find it easier to dive him too.

Tracer, Winston, Hell... even mercy. (Mercy should prob not try to dive anyone. lol)
02/17/2018 01:36 AMPosted by Roflknife

Anyway, he's getting an additional leap ability, which makes it harder to dive Hanzos.

I get this crazy feeling that his "side step leap" will hardly escape from Tracer,genji,Moira,Winston.

But true. He can still put an arrow in your dam head on a good shot.
02/17/2018 01:39 AMPosted by Elminster

I get this crazy feeling that his "side step leap" will hardly escape from Tracer,genji,Moira,Winston.

You forgot to mention D.Va and Doomfist.
All of them will still have more mobility and if they have a decent movement, you barely will hit them.
He was always dived, regardless of scatter arrow. He either landed the scatter or likely died to the tank.
Yes but if they dove him like dumb players, they got punished like dumb players. Not gonna happen anymore.
Hopefully it's the opposite. He gets dove more than most other heroes already; unless he's lucky and escapes (somehow)/gets a kill.

I'd be surprised if they didn't offer his kit a better self-defence ability to at least give him a chance to survive either D.Va, Tracer, or Wonton.

I'm okay with removing scatter, but dear Lord, mobility please.
New Hanzo is going to wreck Dva. Only needs to land 3 volley arrows (1 second of fire) on Dva's giant center mass critbox to do 480 damage. Demeching her if she takes damage from any other source and leaving Hanzo with 3 shots for baby Dva. Not to mention that the dash will help him get out of Dva's range if she tried to dive him with DM up.
With the numbers we know about, his volley can do 480 damage, which is actually more than scatter, and I assume it can headshot. Targets like tracer or Genji might be tricky to hit but only require 3 hits.
I think Volley is going to be a garbage ability regardless, what remains to be seen is how effective his leap will be as a disengage and how quickly it will come off cooldown. If it's a 6 second combat roll esq ability, it's got potential.
Depends probably on the animation for volley if it's too long then no if it's like scatter than it's a 50/50 chance
Considering that hanzo now has a leap, he can escape the dive + his volley ability is still really strong and will let him duel pretty darn well at close range, if 2 of the 6 shots hit tracer, hanzo kills tracer (80*2=160)
No, I don't think so. My biggest fear was that Blizzard would add an ability that wouldn't be a threat to Winston or D.Va, but the new Volley ability can deal up to 480 damage, and has headshot multiplier. Plus Hanzo gets an escape ability on top. If anything, Hanzo is going to be a lot more reliable to play.
02/17/2018 01:39 AMPosted by Elminster

But true. He can still put an arrow in your dam head on a good shot.
The aim is to get away from Winstons jumping on you. While this is not enough to get away from Genji/Tracer is surely enough for him to play around it.

Not to mention that you can still get 240 damage in 1 sec. if he decides to go with Volley.