Tank mains are always the least toxic for some reason

General Discussion
Highly Rated
Is it the same for all of you? On my alt, out of maybe 200 comp games, I’ve only met 3 toxic tank mains, who were playing Dva(who’s basically a thicc dps anyways). It always seems like the reinhardt mains are the nicest though, out of all the tanks.
I pretty much only tilt when the team won’t communicate at least at the beginning of a round over our strategy. Randos can cooperate well even if they aren’t in VC, but it’s bad game sense that gets to me.
Tanks are really the heroes that require the most game sense and teamwork. So probably people that play them are good at these things so they are less toxic.
Just my theory.
No, we're just usually right so when we lay into DPS for running ahead of the shield and getting killed, or ignoring Pharah, they can't really complain.
Reinhardt mains man, gotta love them.
The daddy power
hard agree. I aspire to be as calm as a tank main.
Honestly there's probably some fun psychology behind what types of personalities gravitate towards particular hero types.

But in general, I'd imagine tanks really want team play, so they're people who often want to succeed and enjoy multiplayer games the most.

By contrast, and I'm not !@#$ting on DPS, a lot of FPS games do not require any teamwork and you can just lone-ranger your way through it. Some people just want all the kills, all the damage, and don't want to protect healers, tanks, divers. It's all about being #1 on the team winning is great, but even if they lose being #1 is still enough for them.

Except you're #1 of a losing team, how does that make you any better ? " Guys I have golds! " when gold is 5 kills after 10 minutes? It's pretty funny how many times you see that argument...

I become a toxic tank when I'm holding every gold medal (as Reinhardt or D.Va) if we're losing. Because it means.. I'm tanking and I'm also doing all the damage? I get to see... hey look we're failing right now because nobody can hit anything? Yet we have a Widow, McCree, and a tracer.. bleh.
They protect the team from getting absolutely rekt by the other team. You can't be toxic and protect your team at once.
DPS: "I get all the elims and sweet plays, WORSHIP ME!"
Support: "I keep you alive, WORSHIP ME!"
Tank: "Hey, anybody need a shield?"
02/19/2018 07:16 AMPosted by ImAMistake
They protect the team from getting absolutely rekt by the other team. You can't be toxic and protect your team at once.

Unless you are that toxic kid who must-not-be-named
population probably has something to do with it too i guess? tank mains are the rarest, imo.
We're pretty great right?
02/19/2018 07:18 AMPosted by BlueMonkey
02/19/2018 07:16 AMPosted by ImAMistake

Unless you are that toxic kid who must-not-be-named

I know that I'm toxic, but that's not even close to the toxicity level of my surrounding. Believe me, they're waaaaaaaaay more toxic than I am.
Absolutely. I play Zenyatta a lot. I rely mostly on tanks for survivability in the game. Especially barrier tanks since I usually got no means of escaping. I've had Zarya's saving me from getting pinned by Reinhardt also hog not getting that shot after hooks. Sometimes I've had hogs hooking enemy Mccrees after using their flashbang on me or even completely shielding me while taking a breather (thanks to this 50% damage reduction buff). These kinds of players truly understand the awareness of the games. Also being a big hitbox hero also makes you vulnerable.
Healer mains rely extremely on their team, and if their team are under performing, no matter that the healers do, they can't heal stupid, and inevitably get frustrated. Not to mention a lot of "healer mains" are not healers by choice, but because nobody wants to take the role.

DPS mains... well, are Dps mains, If they are under-performing or just being countered, they start pointing fingers at each other for not healing or not doing whatever rather than picking another hero or try a different approach.

Tanks on the other hand, are somewhat dependent on their team, but can still carry regardless of what the rest of their team are doing. they have the mentality of a support, they know they require their team to be of any use, but are still capable of getting kills themselves, and so, they don't get as frustrated as other players. At least, that's what I think as a Support / Tank main,
I play mainly tanks, I'm really close to getting Lúcio out of my #5 spot for comp and having my Top 5 be only tanks, but god knows I can get really toxic really quickly. I just try to hide it.

But when you have someone claim I'm feeding a Zarya weapon charge as D.Va when I'm not even shooting her bubbles while we have a Junkrat in the team who is just mindlessly spamming in the enemies general direction, I can't help it sometimes.
idk i've run into a lot of toxic off tank players

ime they're the first to start playing the medals game
It's because tanks get the least amount of crap from their teammates. Most of the player base has no idea what they do and they aren't willing to do it better so you get less flame for playing tank. Playing on a tank only account VS my main where I play DPS, I get a crazy amount of flame playing DPS. Even if I'm playing poorly on tank, no one will say anything or blame DPS/support.

If you consistently treat someone badly, they will act badly. This is why Hanzo mains have the stereotype of being sour, they get flamed on the daily.
02/19/2018 07:41 AMPosted by RDK
idk i've run into a lot of toxic off tank players

[/quote]

Ah, you mean fat dps :P