Tank mains are always the least toxic for some reason

General Discussion
Honestly people who have "mains" in general are typically the least toxic, tank mains included. The toxic ones are always the flex players who behave like their teammates owe them an unpayable debt.
02/19/2018 08:00 AMPosted by CASHBALLER
Honestly people who have "mains" in general are typically the least toxic, tank mains included. The toxic ones are always the flex players who behave like their teammates owe them an unpayable debt.

Well they bend to the players insta locking dps, so they kind of do
02/19/2018 08:04 AMPosted by CamKitty
02/19/2018 08:00 AMPosted by CASHBALLER

Well they bend to the players insta locking dps, so they kind of do

As someone who "insta locks" dps every other game, I would much rather those players pick a third dps than whine all game.

I won my last game solo tanking for a 4-dps team (5 really, our healer was Zen) on Oasis. Nobody was whining and it was nice.
Tank mains know the cold. They know the dark.
02/19/2018 07:53 AMPosted by CamKitty
02/19/2018 07:41 AMPosted by RDK
idk i've run into a lot of toxic off tank players

Ah, you mean fat dps :P
a lot of them think that's what the role means yeah, yelling about gold medals in damage/healing while ignoring their own decimated backline because they think they have to solo flank/carry
02/19/2018 07:11 AMPosted by dostheboss
Tanks are really the heroes that require the most game sense and teamwork. So probably people that play them are good at these things so they are less toxic.
Just my theory.

Along with that, there are two attributes you can earn in the process. You can either let the stupidity of your teammates drive you in a downward spiral of wrath and tooth-gnashing loathe for people and games altogether or you can become more patient a person, tolerating and eventually accepting that people will never truly care about the payload.
It's probably because all of the tanks are mostly balanced while the DPS and Healers are always 'under' or 'over'powered.
02/19/2018 08:37 AMPosted by CATCHPHRASE
or you can become more patient a person, tolerating and eventually accepting that people will never truly care about the payload.

Sitting alone on the payload as a dive tank is my destiny...
02/19/2018 08:39 AMPosted by Izzy
It's probably because all of the tanks are mostly balanced while the DPS and Healers are always 'under' or 'over'powered.

Kind of, but tanks are basically more mobile and/or versatile than each other in Overwatch rather than balanced. One is excellent here while another is excellent there or another is good (but not great) at both. They often feel unbalanced because some tanks that excel in specific environments are often let down by their teams.
depressed sigh
They just want to keep us safe :')
02/19/2018 07:05 AMPosted by Smartboard
Is it the same for all of you? On my alt, out of maybe 200 comp games, I’ve only met 3 toxic tank mains, who were playing Dva(who’s basically a thicc dps anyways). It always seems like the reinhardt mains are the nicest though, out of all the tanks.

To me ,It's only reinhardt ,and to an extent orisa mains.

I'd say winston and zarya too ,but I never see any.
Pretty much.

The occasional toxic Rein is about it
I'm an open minded mitigator of chaos, so I play tank. Usually if I'm chatting, it's because I am doing my best to help people get better at the game. I like when everyone uses their time well.
Are off tank players like thicc dps D.Va & Hog players also calm?
I like how supports are throwing shade at DPS in the comments instead of trying to prove OP wrong by representing Support mains as positive people. I mean can you for once not be jerks and actually be a good person in the forums? DPS mains can be mean, but not all of them are monsters. Also, we shouldn't stoop down to the level of people who give their class a bad name. Or else we're just as whiny and dumb as them.

#DontShameYourFellowSupports
#Represent
02/19/2018 07:18 AMPosted by Xian396
population probably has something to do with it too i guess? tank mains are the rarest, imo.
Cut that number even further when it comes to specifically main tanks (Reinhardt, Orisa, and Winston).
Yep. We are. Cause we have "protection" personalities. We want what's only best for out team.
It rather simple really, if you play tank and have some harsh words to say for your DPS teammates nothing will change, if player on a DPS hero actually try to do something with a team but fails every time you can`t really blame them and if it`s a classic "IHAVEGOLDELIMSSTFU" type of player who won`t stop rushing B alone every 30 sec it dosen`t even worth you time or nervs to be upset or angry with them.

And if you don`t really like your support who won`t heal you enough or never with you when you need them.... well i don`t know, i just so used to not having any of them on the team i kinda smile every time i see someone picking Moira or Ana from the start so i can`t be mad at them no matter what they do.

And finally, if you so frustarted with the usual games and bad teammates to the point you when you want say everything you think about them, maybe it`s a good time to take your tanky buisness in other gamemodes eh ?
The new CTF in my expirience is very suitable for tanks, atleast a way more than for little heroes :)
\ It always seems like the reinhardt mains are the nicest though, out of all the tanks.

my friend is a rein main and sometimes goes straight into team chat and screams at the hanzo to switch its why i dont play with him
Tanks rely on teamwork, that’s why I’m not toxic, also because being toxic, like calling someone out for messing up or complaining the DPS aren’t doing their job because I have gold elims, or blaming healers for not healing always makes it harder to win so I just try to stay as positive as I can, I’ve only really tilted once this season when I was playing Reinhardt and no one else would communicate and we had 4 DPS that weren’t doing much.