What team comps do you hate to play against?

General Discussion
I think pirate ship is really annoying. Double shield is hard to take out, even with Junkrat considering Orisa’s barrier uptime is really high and Reinhardt’s barrier is 2000 HP. Dive meta isn’t actually the worst to play against for me, because it isn’t really used in high platinum. Plus, Junkrat and Bastion counter dive pretty well.

What’s the type of team composition or meta you despise the most?
Mei, Symmetra, Moira on any opposing team. It shouldn't be an instant win.
Quadtank. Moira heals too strong.
Anything that requires my team to play poorly around bastion. I don’t know what it is but they just can’t seem to kill him. He is the ultimate way to stall with a last ditch if your team isn’t focusing him or the character that counter him are not playing right
I've ran into a couple Pirate Ship comps in the last couple of days and it was annoying at first, but then my teams usually found out a way to counter it and get them to switch.

The current team comp that really grinds my gears is Quad Tank plus Moira & Lucio. Mostly due to the fact that I've never run into a game in which they fully went with it. It seems like a last minute resort. They'll be running a 2-2-2 comp, it's pretty close to the last checkpoint and about to be Overtime, and they'll switch to Quad Tank.

Very difficult to kill and counter, even with Bastion/Reaper in my experience.
I hate the defending Orisa+Torb comp in any map with choke.
02/19/2018 11:02 AMPosted by dradventure
Anything that requires my team to play poorly around bastion. I don’t know what it is but they just can’t seem to kill him. He is the ultimate way to stall with a last ditch if your team isn’t focusing him or the character that counter him are not playing right

This. I'm usually playing support in comp so when the enemy is close to losing and switch to a Bastian I get sour. For some reason people have a hard time focusing them down so they aren't an issue and there's only so much I can do to keep everyone alive including myself.
Well, I think it was Pharmercy. The characters I mained couldn't do much against Pharah, and if it was on my team Mercy would usually only heal Pharah, and since I am an agressive Reinhardt it wouldn't end well for me. I'd usually be reduced to a shield bot in those matches.
rein/mei/hog/(soldier, junkrat, pharah)/ana/mercy

no amount of poke is going to make a difference and even when you dive you're properly punished by mei/hog.

to top it off one or more of your team will struggle to come in with you making it a 5v6 most of the time.
02/19/2018 11:08 AMPosted by vixyfox
02/19/2018 11:02 AMPosted by dradventure

This. I'm usually playing support in comp so when the enemy is close to losing and switch to a Bastian I get sour. For some reason people have a hard time focusing them down so they aren't an issue and there's only so much I can do to keep everyone alive including myself.
Yeah i play a lot of lucio And when it happens I am like !@#$
a team that has every hero with shields

just imagine playing against a rein orisa sym winston teamcomp as attackers

nope you're not gonna win that
Anything with Bastion in general. I just really don't like the character.
Worse yet is how people play him. Almost no one plays him for actual skill building, he's only a last-ditch desperation pick or a cheese pick (e.g. shield and payload). Neither of those tactics require a player to be skilled with him.

My whole problem with Bastion is I legit cannot tell a good Bastion player from a bad or mediocre Bastion player. Some other characters can be low skill floor or cheese too, but even when players use other characters like that, I can tell. For example, I can differentiate a good Junkrat from a bad Junkrat or a good Symm from a bad Symm. With Bastion, I honest-to-god cannot differentiate a good Bastion playstyle from a bad Bastion playstyle.

To me, that's a sign that something is wrong. When a player can't tell good players of a character from bad players of a character, and when a character is only chosen as a last resort or a cheese pick, that means the character isn't seen as viable with its own skill sets and abilities. That's bad character design in full.
dive
As a Bastion main any comp that includes Genji/Tracer counters me because of their rapid mobility. I can't shoot something I can't find.

My whole problem with Bastion is I legit cannot tell a good Bastion player from a bad or mediocre Bastion player.

It comes down to positioning, tracking, knowing where you need to be, and when. Bastion plays more like a tank or support than a damage dealer. It's not so much about flick-shots as it is about strategy.
Anything with Torb or Symm or both...