Moira isn't OP but...

General Discussion
Is it okay she can fade out of grav surge? I find her healing and damage fine, even if the orbs can get the odd cheap kill, and don't see how the nerf Moira argument can really go anywhere beyond her ult charge rate. That said she is the only hero that can escape grav, and while that is useful and provides some good counterplay its weird being the only hero that can do it, making me feel its an oversight that shouldn't work that way.

EDIT: I did not phrase this great, I know she isn't the only one who can leave (though I did forget about Orisa) but she leaves easily through a movement ability. Yes fade may not technically be a movement ability but it is a short range teleport, you use it to move. Reaper and Orisa have abilities that honestly aren't movement based (despite the speed buff) and they still have to walk out quite slowly and ineffectively rather than teleport. Moria may not be alone but she is significantly better at this and it just feels a bit off to me. I wouldn't consider her an outlier if Reaper could teleport out but currently she doesn't quite fit IMHO. Also for emphasis I don't think this makes her OP, it just doesn't quite sit right.
Fade is modeled on Wraith Form, and Reaper can do the same thing.
Fade is based off Reapers wraith form. From both a consistency and lore perspective, everything his ability does, her ability should do better.

And she's not the only one who can escape grav, Reaper and Orisa can too.
It's kinda sad that Reaper's so unseen and lame, no one even knows he can WF out of grav.
02/19/2018 04:09 PMPosted by AzshFayd
Fade is based off Reapers wraith form. From both a consistency and lore perspective, everything his ability does, her ability should do better.

And she's not the only one who can escape grav, Reaper and Orisa can too.
Hey look at me I can copy the post before me and post it again. I'm totally a free thinking individual.
No, she's pretty OP. She neeeds to do less damage.
In order to mention anything about Moira on these forums you must prefix every statement with:

Moira is not OP.

Otherwise people will not read and downvote. You may not like it, but this is what peak circle jerk looks like.
And yet Tracer can't recall from it?
Sombra can't translocate away?

Doesn't make sense to me to be honest
02/19/2018 04:18 PMPosted by SnotBubble
No, she's pretty OP. She neeeds to do less damage.

We are talking about Fade and Wraith form here. Shoo, go away.

02/19/2018 03:59 PMPosted by zippity
Is it okay she can fade out of grav surge? I find her healing and damage fine, even if the orbs can get the odd cheap kill, and don't see how the nerf Moira argument can really go anywhere beyond her ult charge rate. That said she is the only hero that can escape grav, and while that is useful and provides some good counterplay its weird being the only hero that can do it, making me feel its an oversight that shouldn't work that way.

She is not the only hero that can escape grav.

As mentioned, Reaper can escape. As can Orisa.
This is because Wraithform, Fade and Fortify do not count as movement abilities. They count as abilities that grant Invulnerable or Unstoppable. In the case of Wraithform and Fade, they also give a temporary speed boost. Since Graviton only disables movement abilities, the above abilities do not count since they do not provide movement, just a speed buff. This is the same as why Lucio can crossfade into speed while in a graviton. It doesnt actually move Lucio, just buff his speed.

However due to the way the above works, this means that they get to GTFO of Graviton since Graviton cannot act on an invulnerable or unstoppable target.
If Moira can get out of grav surge let the other heroes like Sombra, Tracer, Genji and others with mobile abilities to escape it or nerf the Moira's one...
02/19/2018 04:39 PMPosted by Hexer
If Moira can get out of grav surge let the other heroes like Sombra, Tracer, Genji and others with mobile abilities to escape it or nerf the Moira's one...

They already can.

Reaper and Orisa both can escape it.

Dash and Blink are a different type of ability entirely, and are thus affected. Graviton was also basically useless when it couldnt disable movement abilities.
No, she's pretty OP. She needs to do less damage.

She already does the LEAST amount of damage in the game. What is wrong with you people and wanting to nerf supports?
Any ability that grants invulnerability can escape graviton. That's why Face, Wraith Form and Fortify can be used to get out of it.
ㄴ means Moira isnt moving out of it. She is Just blocking the effect. Which Genji or Tracer cant....wait, Genji can somehow reflect it with a metal sword?
02/19/2018 04:20 PMPosted by Whiskeyjack
In order to mention anything about Moira on these forums you must prefix every statement with:

Moira is not OP.

Otherwise people will not read and downvote. You may not like it, but this is what peak circle jerk looks like.

But she isn't OP, I purposely put that there so this didn't become a thread for moaning about her, just discussing this one part of her kit. The problem she has is that the way to kill healers until now has been a backline dive, and she is very good at surviving those. That doesn't make her OP, just different and she still has other vulnerabilities you can exploit, like the fact she will lose any 2v1 in a second, cannot spike damage you or run that far, but look now you've got me going on about Moira beyond just grav.