Scatter Arrow, Why Remove

General Discussion
Why Blizzard is replacing Scatter Arrow with another ability? What is exactly wrong with this ability?
02/14/2018 06:34 PMPosted by Eledos
What is exactly wrong with this ability?
https://youtube.com/watch?v=qJT7csurd1M

(Skip to 0:15)
Why Blizzard is replacing Scatter Arrow with another ability? What is exactly wrong with this ability?

Literally the entire non-Hanzo playerbase is tired of being no-skilled by a Hanzo who pointed at their feet.

It shouldn't be that braindead easy to secure an OHK.
One shotting someone with Scatter Arrow is no fun you know? hell Scatter Arrows kills more people than a D.va Self Destruct LOL
02/14/2018 06:37 PMPosted by DoctorEss
Literally the entire non-Hanzo playerbase is tired of being no-skilled by a Hanzo who pointed at their feet.
pretty much
Because a sniper that shoots at the ground to kill someone makes no sense.
Play Orisa, they you will know why
Because getting one shot isn't enjoyable and the animation for scatter arrow makes it looks like little to no effort is involved which is adding insult to injury.

It's inconsistent, unfair to both the shooter and target player at times, and is rarely used for what it is designed to do, being to eliminate weak targets in enclosed spaces (NOT instagibbing a full health tank).
02/14/2018 06:40 PMPosted by Trash
Because a sniper that shoots at the ground to kill someone makes no sense.

More that this (because you still have to aim decently to pull it off, I do more headshots that scatter kills lmao), the real issue is that it doesnt fulfill it purpose as an ability and gimps Hanzo's kit overall since it can even oneshot some tanks.

Removing it will allow Blizz to buff Hanzo out of Joke-tier like he has been since ever.
02/14/2018 06:35 PMPosted by Mercy
What is exactly wrong with this ability?
https://youtube.com/watch?v=qJT7csurd1M

(Skip to 0:15)

protip: timestamp videos by right clicking on the video and pressing "copy video URL at current time"
Because it’s a cheese ability that’s used as a crutch for bad Hanzos and limits the possibility of actually balancing his kit
02/14/2018 06:46 PMPosted by RiotRhythm
Because it’s a cheese ability that’s used as a crutch for bad Hanzos and limits the possibility of actually balancing his kit

Also because if you dont pull every single scattershot, Hanzo feels damn weak.
Rework it? Reduce single target damage while increasing the damage to different targets?
I personally don't think that's scatter Arrow is actually a problem. Most people who play hanzo actually do have to skillfully shoot. Otherwise, they don't hit. I venture he's one of the more difficult characters to play because if you don't fully charge your arrow, it doesn't hit anything. If anything they should lengthen his cool down time.
I’ve made a huge rant about this but I’m gonna keep this short. Aiming at the feet should never do more damage than aiming at the head, especially as a “sniper” and why tf should he be able to one shot Orisa and Zarya? Tanks that are supposed to hold the front line and be able to take damage? I used to think to myself “oh if it can do that much damage it must be hard to land” then I played Hanzo, newsflash it’s extremely easy. Scatter should never have been an ability and I’m hoping that the rapid fire arrow they were talking about replaces it.
I have 400 hours on hanzo on console and even Im annoyed of scatters. Im glad hanzo is going to be more skillfull and not be made a meme as he is now
Aiming at the feet should never do more damage than aiming at the head.

Pretty much this.
I suppose you guys are correct on that matter. at least they found something constructive to replace it with I thought it was just going to be nerfed out of his character.