Which hero is the best for a 1v1

General Discussion
I get matchups matter and all but what hero do you think wins the most 1v1s against the other heros in this game
Technically Roadhog if he can get within hook range without taking too much damage. Even Reaper. If you can get him the slightest bit under half he will die to the hook combo.
Roadhog, genji, mcree, tracer, moira, MOIRA,and maybe soldier too.
Pound for pound, Roadhog is easily the best 1v1 in the game.
Hog, his entire kit allows him to excel in any duel
Roadhog.
Fat Australian is the superior choice
I think Roadhog and McCree are the two strongest contenders but I can't really pick one. Both of them have a way to secure a kill on a squishy and while Roadhog have a huge survival thanks to the self heal, McCree can also duel at distance with a respectable damage.
It is easily hog, massive hp pool, self heal, and insane burst potential.
Orisa beats Roadhog 100%, but Roadhog beats pretty much everyone else.
02/16/2018 08:14 AMPosted by BossHog
what stops hog from walking through her shield and two shotting her?
I'm going to go with the least likely contenders and say either Mei or Ana, assuming they make their shots.

Mei can single-handedly deal with almost anyone in the game in a 1v1.

Ana has potential, but would probably lose to shield tanks a lot. She can still 1v1 a Roadhog or a D.Va and win, though.
02/16/2018 08:15 AMPosted by Ceratisa
what stops hog from walking through her shield and two shotting her?

Her halt and another shield
Not much love for Soldier? Great damage and mobility, hitscan, healing and burst. I can't see Hog dealing with Pharah well. I did a lot of 1v1s in the arena mode for a while, and some 3v3s which often turned into 1v1s at the end. Hog is an absolute monster but he doesn't have an answer to long range especially from a Pharah who peppers him frok range. At worst he just hides inside a building and it reaches a stalemate. Hog beats soldier, but Soldier beats almpst everyone else. And I'm pretty sure Mei and Pharah beat Hog in my experience. I feel like there's another I'm forgetting. Anyways.
Hanzo scatter ez.
02/16/2018 08:25 AMPosted by Garresh
Not much love for Soldier? Great damage and mobility, hitscan, healing and burst. I can't see Hog dealing with Pharah well. I did a lot of 1v1s in the arena mode for a while, and some 3v3s which often turned into 1v1s at the end. Hog is an absolute monster but he doesn't have an answer to long range especially from a Pharah who peppers him frok range. At worst he just hides inside a building and it reaches a stalemate. Hog beats soldier, but Soldier beats almpst everyone else. And I'm pretty sure Mei and Pharah beat Hog in my experience. I feel like there's another I'm forgetting. Anyways.

I imagine roadhog could beat a pharah by whittling her hp down with his right click, and using cover and his rebreather. That's assuming he can avoid or hook her inevitable barrage.
Comparatively, soldier v pharah comes down to whose aiming and dodging are better.
Probably Hog or Pharah.
Roadhog and Moira are best duelists in the game. Which of them is #1 depends on skill level - very good aim can outweigh aim assist so Roadhog has highest potential but Moira is strongest when mechanics of both sides are not top notch.

No. She doesn't.
Junkrat