Please disable widowmaker in CTF

Competitive Discussion
I don't take the game mode seriously and widowmaker is one of my favorites in regular play but I can't think of a more auto-lose situation than having her on your team in CTF.

Her kit adds absolutely nothing to the mode. Even Hanzo's ult can lockdown the flag for a bit. I don't think Blizzard can realistically balance her for the mode either.
lmao what then just dont pick her?? or ask your teammate to switch off??
you cant actually expect them to disable her just because you feel like she doesnt add anything
02/16/2018 10:00 PMPosted by monkaTHINK
lmao what then just dont pick her?? or ask your teammate to switch off??
you cant actually expect them to disable her just because you feel like she doesnt add anything

You act like there isn't people out there that stubbornly stick to one hero no matter the situation....doesn't matter if I politely ask. I am saying this as someone that spams widowmaker in regular mode despite people complaining as well. She does not belong in CTF.

I would not expect them to disable a hero in regular mode because they could balance said hero if they aren't good enough. There is no realistic way to make widowmaker even average in CTF unless you completely change her kit.
ctf is not a mode that is staying around long, widowmaker can get picks if played right, as the enemies will more than likely have a sym/torb lucio people that are needed in the mode. wall hacks is helpful to see if someone is trying to sneak around. yes people stubbornly pick things try and work around them, really its foolish imo to ask them to disable someone in ctf just cuz they dont obviously add something to it. doom fist doesnt really add anything to the mode, orisa doesnt really add anything besides fortify but she gets burst down so easily it doesnt matter.
they shouldnt disable her, if people pick her they pick her work around it.
The maps are so small it is pretty hard to sneak anything to make Widowmaker's wallhack useful.

Both DF and Orisa can CC and displace people with the flag. They are definitely not the best but they can at least add SOMETHING.

I am convinced the best Widowmaker in the world would still regularly lose in this mode 90% of the time.

It is true these modes are temporary though...kind of wish Blizzard would make some permanent; especially if they are going to bother with a competitive mode.
"they are not the best but can add something"
widow can get alot of picks if played right, sure df and orisa are *easier* so anyone can have effect but a really good widow could play well picking of squishies, as she does 300 crit damage fully charged,
"she isnt the best but she can add something"
The mode doesn't usually have a lot of squishies to pick off. The most important heroes are tanks now that they nerfed lucio. 300 crit is nothing.

Just try her out a bit in the mode to see what I am talking about.

But yeah. Probably thinking too much about a temporary mode. Just commenting on an obvious problem I noticed while grinding boxes for the week.
Not everyone entering ctf understands what is and isn't effective.

If ctf stays a known meta will develop and everyone will know how to pick. For now let them figure it out on their own.

You can tell someone its not super effective in ctf but they don't have to listen.
02/16/2018 09:58 PMPosted by AP3Brain
I don't take the game mode seriously and widowmaker is one of my favorites in regular play but I can't think of a more auto-lose situation than having her on your team in CTF.

Her kit adds absolutely nothing to the mode. Even Hanzo's ult can lockdown the flag for a bit. I don't think Blizzard can realistically balance her for the mode either.

I love playing her and I don't think she is best at most of the CTF maps BUT she is viable on the ruins map.

Just played with a team now in Ilios- there was a widow and she was not the problem- the problem was no one wanting to be a tank. Then you had **hats being toxic. Welcome to weekend play where the kids are out.