Should I make a new account

Competitive Discussion
So before we start , yes I'm in bronze and yes I'm tired of being there and no I don't think I'm such a good player I deserve to be way higher. So DON'T EVEN START with that topic which was everyone says whenever someone just wants to be higher.
So I've been stuck in bronze this whole season and well, it's not a happy happy place. Everytime I manage to climb, I immediately drop thanks to all you adorable leavers and throwers, I mean I understand they got one ticket off of point A but that doesn't mean lost... And let's not talk about the smirfs.
There are time I know I genuinely do a terrible job, but most time I think I do pretty well.
So should I or should I not buy a new account so I can get placed higher and never see bronze again
You could get another one. You'll probably be placed slightly higher. But to be honest, it's simple to get out of bronze, even with leavers and throwers. Well, easier said than done I suppose. But just get really good at one dps, and always choose that hero (when in bronze). Even if your team doesn't wanna heal, whatever. A good carry hero for bronze is Reaper, he does a !@#$ load of damage. I got out of bronze today and slowly making my way to gold with Reaper only.
I got a second account and got placed pretty much where I'm at with my main. So be warned, getting a new account just for the hope of getting ranked higher might end up being a waste of money for you.
The main thing is, you just gotta improve your overall game sense (awareness of enemy, health packs, your team, ult usage, etc) and game mechanics (aim, abilities, ability cooldowns, etc).
You are going to get smurfs and leavers even in the higher ranks. Just saying.
Also since you are just level 150, your MMR is still shifting so making new account probably won't make a much of difference. Even if you get silver or gold, it probably won't worth the money.

Maybe play for 500 levels and if you are still stuck there a new account will make a difference.
Bronze is fine, the horror stories are overrated.

Usual advice:

- learn several heroes. Tanks and supports are good for climbing. A good tank can carry teams hard. Orisa is especially useful as you can also DPS whilst providing a rally point and barrier for your team.

- Ignore toxicity. The mute option is magical, use it.

- Do your damn job. We had a D.Va that kept telling the team what to do but let a Widow run over us the entire game. D.Va can fly = go kill the **** Widow, kthnx.

- Don't buy a second account. Spending money doesn't magically make you better. Take a good hard look at yourself and practice some heroes.

Thnx.
It's very possible that you get placed in gold or plat if you make a new account.
So if you think it's worth 20 bucks you should give it a try.
Contrary to popular belief the placement system is equally flawed as the rest of the system.
3 years and a multitude of evidence and the kids still don't smell the bacon.
Every issue you described exists at every rank. Smurfs are probably the biggest issue in diamond/low masters, leavers and toxicity exist everywhere.
You are probably gonna place higher, simply because it is close to impossible to actually place bronze on your first try. But still, you are gonna bounce back down to there if you can't escape it on your main anyways.
02/18/2018 03:23 AMPosted by Cookie

Usual advice:

- learn several heroes. Tanks and supports are good for climbing. A good tank can carry teams hard. Orisa is especially useful as you can also DPS whilst providing a rally point and barrier for your team.

- Do your damn job. We had a D.Va that kept telling the team what to do but let a Widow run over us the entire game. D.Va can fly = go kill the **** Widow, kthnx.

- Don't buy a second account. Spending money doesn't magically make you better. Take a good hard look at yourself and practice some heroes.

Thnx.

Why does everyone assume I suck and I don't know what I'm doing? I've got most hours on tanks and supports because I always fill, when I just wanted to be a reaper main. But there's no point on being reaper when your team is being ripped to shred because no tanks or heals. I do my job. I always have gold healing when I heal and I block all he damage I can as a tank.

I laugh at toxic players and I always communicate and call out stuff , which everyone ignores except a few times when someone else has a mic.

Overated? I'm IN bronze. So it's the actual truth , I know it because I live it everyday and it sucks. So if I've got one chance to actually have fun, I kind of want to take it. Playing with 5 dps mains, two of which have 500h on genji/Hanzo/widow with a 0.1% winrate is not fun. Playing with people that throw because the ennemy got 1 tick off point A is not fun. Playing with one tricks is not fun. Playing with one tricks that throw if someone else takes their hero is not fun.
And the less fun of all is that one person that thinks they know better but don't and everyone listens to them:One exemple that sums it up: we were on junkertown, I asked for pirate ship. That one girl said : uh? What. Pfff, bastion sucks on attack okay.
We went with mcree , genji, rein, dva and I think mercy.
I called out that there was a soldier flanking, and no one did anything. As rein, do you think I should be the one taking care flankers? No. I got called out for not being with my team while I was killing the soldier who, btw already killed our mercy. We didn't even get to the first point, I asked for people to switch, no one did. In over time , our dva was firing at the ennemy , not even trying to get on the payload. She could have flown to it reset it , ran away, and repeated but nah, it was already lost even though we were like 5m from it.
Second round, the enmy used pirate ship and won. The girl said : whatever it's just a game I don't care anyways.
That what every game is like. How do you win. Unless you're lucky and get a good team you wont.
I'm pretty sure in gold, people aren't that stupid
02/18/2018 02:56 AMPosted by softcore
You could get another one. You'll probably be placed slightly higher. But to be honest, it's simple to get out of bronze, even with leavers and throwers. Well, easier said than done I suppose. But just get really good at one dps, and always choose that hero (when in bronze). Even if your team doesn't wanna heal, whatever. A good carry hero for bronze is Reaper, he does a !@#$ load of damage. I got out of bronze today and slowly making my way to gold with Reaper only.

I'm not going to be that one trick that everyone hates. If we have no healers and no tanks, we can't win. Unless the ennemy teams doesn't have any either. I already play reaper, but not that often because a lot of people just insta lock dps.

And slightly higher? I got placed in gold for my first season and I had no clue what I was doing, which is why I just dropped down 2k right after and since then I couldn't get back up(which was my fault because I was honestly probably a burden to my team) but know I know what I'm doing , I can play most tanks and supports, and reaper and junk as dps.
Your eliminations per life seem low, according to the stats I can see. If you focus on bringing that up, you’ll likely have better luck.

I’m not saying you suck. I’m just saying everyone has room to improve, and you need to be better than the players around you to move up.

I moved from bronze to silver this season. I learned to play a healer so I could flex when needed. Next I need to learn a second tank. If I do that, I think I’ll hit gold. Because if I end up on a team that has no clue how to play what’s needed, I figure I need to do it. It’s my rating, after all.

Even if you place higher with a second account, you still have the risk of dropping down again. Silver isn’t much different than bronze. And what I saw of gold CTF so far, that isn’t different either.
Yes. Please buy one so you can stop posting about how it's your teammates fault that you're in bronze.

Lol, even just typing sentence makes me laugh.
a second account will reset your rank back to gold ish after your level 25 climb.

be warned though, if you're currently hard stuck in bronze you aren't even a gold player to begin with, so is it worth it to get to a silver rating?

players readily stomp when placed 1k SR below their current rating. its dangerous for you to believe you are even a gold level player.
Go ahead, buy one. Just give us the battle tag so we can see where you'll get placed at. Spoiler alert: low silver at best.
I highly recommend buying second account for the current $20 half off price.

I just placed 900 sr higher when placing new alt account. It gives you a chance to play against better players and get better yourself.

Go for it.
It's just another $20 that you will waste to find yourself in the same place you are at now. But it's just $20, so why not? You might as well find out for yourself right?
Do it. It’s fun to have a 2nd account. While leveling to 25, play your mains and you might see a higher placement. I can’t say it works for everyone, but I felt like it ranked me higher because I put uo good stats using my mains in QP and those first placements.
If you're on a console, sure.

If you're on PC, hell no. Don't give them more money for their craptastic ranking system.
02/18/2018 09:01 AMPosted by Lightwaves
02/18/2018 03:23 AMPosted by Cookie

Usual advice:

Thnx.

Why does everyone assume I suck and I don't know what I'm doing? I've got most hours on tanks and supports because I always fill, when I just wanted to be a reaper main. But there's no point on being reaper when your team is being ripped to shred because no tanks or heals. I do my job. I always have gold healing when I heal and I block all he damage I can as a tank.

I laugh at toxic players and I always communicate and call out stuff , which everyone ignores except a few times when someone else has a mic.

Overated? I'm IN bronze. So it's the actual truth , I know it because I live it everyday and it sucks. So if I've got one chance to actually have fun, I kind of want to take it. Playing with 5 dps mains, two of which have 500h on genji/Hanzo/widow with a 0.1% winrate is not fun. Playing with people that throw because the ennemy got 1 tick off point A is not fun. Playing with one tricks is not fun. Playing with one tricks that throw if someone else takes their hero is not fun.
And the less fun of all is that one person that thinks they know better but don't and everyone listens to them:One exemple that sums it up: we were on junkertown, I asked for pirate ship. That one girl said : uh? What. Pfff, bastion sucks on attack okay.
We went with mcree , genji, rein, dva and I think mercy.
I called out that there was a soldier flanking, and no one did anything. As rein, do you think I should be the one taking care flankers? No. I got called out for not being with my team while I was killing the soldier who, btw already killed our mercy. We didn't even get to the first point, I asked for people to switch, no one did. In over time , our dva was firing at the ennemy , not even trying to get on the payload. She could have flown to it reset it , ran away, and repeated but nah, it was already lost even though we were like 5m from it.
Second round, the enmy used pirate ship and won. The girl said : whatever it's just a game I don't care anyways.
That what every game is like. How do you win. Unless you're lucky and get a good team you wont.
I'm pretty sure in gold, people aren't that stupid

Maybe people don’t think you’re good because you’re literally Bronze. I played roughly one game in Gold when I placed on my alt( I’m trying to learn Ana) and it was hilariously easy. I can’t even imagine how easy Bronze would be. There is no excuse for not being able to get out of Bronze. Stop blaming your team and get better at the game. If you really think you’re that good, give me a VOD so I can have a good laugh.
Okay, so I just checked your stats. You have 17% weapon accuracy on Hanzo, Reaper and Genji. But please tell me more about your bad teammates.