Why won't my top 500 show?

Competitive Discussion
I played 51 games so far this season on my account, also i'm above the required SR on the leaderboards so i'm confused??
give it time did you just get it?
No i'm 4349 (xbox) an I just played my 50th an 51st game around 4300 an the beginning of t500 on xbox is 4170ish.
You only get a top 500 icon if you finish the season in the top 500. That change was made in like season 2 or 3.
No i'm not talking about the icon, i'm talking about being shown on the leaderboards.

Not the end of season rewards.
It takes a while for the leaderboard to update. Keep track of who else is there, and see when they move. That is an update.
Play 50 games first
I wish I had that problem. Lol
Oh well aren't you a special one. 51 games played and you're top 500. Looks like someone hit the team lottery this season.

Edit: My choice of wording reads a bit harsh, but my main point is, "team lottery".
02/18/2018 04:54 PMPosted by HughMungus
Oh well aren't you a special one. 51 games played and you're top 500. Looks like someone hit the team lottery this season.

You dont get to top 500 just by just being lucky pal
02/18/2018 05:00 PMPosted by ToxicShadow

My thoughts exactly

As far as I'm concerned, 51 games for Top 500 is lucky.
With that little time played, this person clearly encountered minimum trolls, almost no losing streaks, and mostly cooperative teams with solid teamwork. I'm not saying OP didn't earn it, but I am saying OP is lucky. That's all. Most people encounter 5-10 loss streaks after big win streaks several times before scratching T500. I checked their stats too, and they don't stand out much more than that of a high master player. The only conclusion that I can come to is, while they may be good, they got lucky in terms of having a consistent amount of cooperative teams, minimum toxicity, and not a lot of throwers. Once again, I'm not saying they aren't good, but I am saying they are lucky.
02/18/2018 05:34 PMPosted by HughMungus
With that little time played, this person clearly encountered minimum trolls, almost no losing streaks, and mostly cooperative teams with solid teamwork. I'm not saying OP didn't earn it, but I am saying OP is lucky. That's all. Most people encounter 5-10 loss streaks after big win streaks several times before scratching T500. I checked their stats too, and they don't stand out much more than that of a high master player. The only conclusion that I can come to is, while they may be good, they got lucky in terms of having a consistent amount of cooperative teams, minimum toxicity, and not a lot of throwers. Once again, I'm not saying they aren't good, but I am saying they are lucky.

look at their level, silver border one star, the game has had time to get used to how they play and how skilled they are, at the end of their placements i wouldnt be surprised if they placed 4.1k and after 51 games getting to 4.3k isnt luck its skill and team work.

luck has some to do with it yea getting teammates an enemy making a bad play and the like, but it takes alot more than luck to be at their level.

and before you say youre at the rank you are because of throwers id really recommend you try and focus on what youre doing over anyone else
I only played 51 games is bcuz I was focusing on playing on my alternate account most of the season.

Also thanks but it showed after I played 52 games guys :D
02/18/2018 06:24 PMPosted by monkaTHINK

look at their level, silver border one star, the game has had time to get used to how they play and how skilled they are, at the end of their placements i wouldnt be surprised if they placed 4.1k and after 51 games getting to 4.3k isnt luck its skill and team work.

luck has some to do with it yea getting teammates an enemy making a bad play and the like, but it takes alot more than luck to be at their level.

and before you say youre at the rank you are because of throwers id really recommend you try and focus on what youre doing over anyone else

Look, overall that's great that they're Top 500 after that amount of games, good for them! TBH I'm kind of jealous.
But you clearly haven't experienced a massive wave of trolls after a winstreak either, if you're going to shoot that one-way fallacy of "look at what I'm doing" at me. Look at me doing what? Playing Genji while the guy playing Hanzo with 11 minutes, is throwing because I picked genji which is also his main? How about the Junkrat one trick, autolocking Doomfist on my team 4 games in a row, not switching with a 29% winrate? How about people who leave for absolutely no reason after winning a round where we stomped the other team with amazing synergy. I've been in and out of GM enough times to know what I'm doing wrong and when I'm getting unlucky. I'm done "evaluating" myself. I'm not perfect, but I know where I belong in the ranks, not from wishful thinking, but from experience.

This is unreal.
02/19/2018 11:21 AMPosted by SquidKD

This is unreal.

What's unreal is how a player with stats that are worse than many of my high master/ Gm friends who play the same heroes got to Top 500 with less than 100 games played. That's unreal. Hey, more power to them for reaching top 500, but don't go telling me that they magically carried 50+ games in a row to Top 500 with those stats. Impossible. For the 420th time, I never said they were a bad player, I AM saying that they got lucky with their teams. Meaning, since apparently I have to explain it, that MOST of the teams this person ended up on were full of synergy, good communication, and probably weren't toxic. Must have been a grand experience for them so more power to OP.
Well, I'm a major A-hole, I didn't even read that they're playing on console. It all makes sense now. Ignore me everybody, I'll show myself out. lol I keep forgetting console players post on here.