The notion of "one tricking".

General Discussion
I'd like to start this post by saying yes over watch is about teamwork. However, you have to realize that a balanced team is more of a suggestion then it is a law. Teams can win without having two offense, two defense, a tank, and healer. Teams could win with having four support characters and two offence. Hell I've seen people win this game with 5 tanks and a mercy.
That being said balanced teams have a higher win rate than teams that are not completely balanced. I think the issue of one tricking is less about someone playing a character that they always play and are good at. And more about people playing a character that they are awful at and not cooperating with the team itself.

Because Blizzard has come up with this notion of you can't play the same character every single time, People are getting falsely reported for actually being good at the game. And people who have "mains" get very looked down upon. This, to me, is rediculos.
This to me is ridiculous by using the example of team fortress 2. Well, you can argue that this isn't really a relevant point, you have to realize that over watch has a lot of functions that tf 2 does with more characters. Now while people argued about who they disliked in DF 2. No one argued about who you were or weren't allowed to play or that you did good at everybody.
Do you have choice in the matter of who someone wants to play in this game? the answer is you don't. Over watch is hecking expensive. Someone paid for this game and it's not your job to tell them what they can and can't do. I know this is an unpopular opinion. But you can't tell people what their job is.
Even in Comp. Fact of the matter is, they have 10 game before they get ranked differently than you and people who are bad at that character are getting ranked lower than you. I can't justify banning someone from the game for a character they love. Let them rank what they get ranked and deal. If you're good at the game that'll show through
If you can play any hero you want, so can they.

I've had one tricks (Torb and Symm trying to redirect the blame) yell at my friend for solo healing as Ana instead of Mercy.
To sum up my argument. Your ranking is more based on how you work with the team, than it is losing. The argument that one Tricker's should get banned seems more like people angry about losing a game when they should just work harder. Because your ranking isn't 100% based on whether not you win, you can't say that someone can't play the same character every time. And you can't falsely judge somebody who does. You aren't the video games police. Quit being elitist and telling people who they can and can't play. Just enjoy the game and have fun because you paid for it just like everybody else did.
02/18/2018 06:32 PMPosted by AkatsukiSwag

Because Blizzard has come up with this notion of you can't play the same character every single time

This statement is wholly incorrect. Our Lord and Savior Jeff Kaplan has clearly stated, on video and in blue posts, on numerous occasions, that otp's are not illegal, bannable, whatever, although he has encouraged flexing..not mandated.

It's important to be clear about this, as your readers could be fatally misled by you making such a major error on the currently most controversial topic in the game.

Thank you for your attention.
02/18/2018 07:12 PMPosted by Amo

Because Blizzard has come up with this notion of you can't play the same character every single time

This statement is wholly incorrect. Our Lord and Savior Jeff Kaplan has clearly stated, on video and in blue posts, on numerous occasions, that otp's are not illegal, bannable, whatever, although he has encouraged flexing..not mandated.

It's important to be clear about this, as your readers could be fatally misled by you making such a major error on the currently most controversial topic in the game.

Thank you for your attention.

Doesn't matter what they say if they act differently than what is said and the GMs have different opinions. Off-meta OTPs are falsely banned all the time and nothing is done about it.

That is the opposite of what they have said. They hope everyone plays a variety of heroes, but playing only one is not against the rules.
Dude idk why people are blowing this out of proportion, league of legends has been around for I think 8 years now, and I’ve played it since season 3 (now on season 8) and one tricks have existed since the dawn of time. Didn’t know if u guys know this, but in league of legends, the ENTIRE game is snowball meaning that me killing you, increases my damage, and therefore chances of killing you again. In overwatch this isn’t a thing, besides ult charge which is counterable, but in league it’s not like that at all. So stop !@#$%ing about people picking “out-of-meta”. I can’t imagine how you’d react to the much bigger, and less of a baby, league community.
You know
The same community that exists for the biggest video game on the entire planet and all of its history.
02/18/2018 07:37 PMPosted by Buttercult

That is the opposite of what they have said. They hope everyone plays a variety of heroes, but playing only one is not against the rules.
Doesnt matter. The community treats it that way.