So the nerfs to junkrat were a joke

General Discussion
Still gets ult just as fast. Still destroys just as fast. Still a solid pick no matter what map you play
yep
You're Silver on Console.

Anything is a solid pick, including Torbjorn on attack.
02/18/2018 08:12 PMPosted by GreyFalcon

And youre plat

I agee with OP
I said this the day the "nerfs" came out on PTR. Everyone downvoted me. LOL
Now people still complain about this

I just made a post about Overwatch balance. Go read it.
You play Torb, Junkrat is your hard counter.
02/18/2018 08:13 PMPosted by Pulse

And youre plat

I agee with OP
How is that an insult?
And youre plat

I agee with OP

And you just rank shame and want Junkrat to be the lowest picked character period.

I disagree with OP.
02/18/2018 08:11 PMPosted by Killbill
yep
You main McCree, one of Junkrat's counters. Maintain any semblance of range and don't step into his rolling grenades and you should be fine.
02/18/2018 08:14 PMPosted by DrgHybrid
And youre plat

I agee with OP

And you just rank shame and want Junkrat to be the lowest picked character period.

I disagree with OP.

He tried to rank shame OP though?

And youre plat

I agee with OP

Yes, because Junkrat is waaay too common in Grandmasters.....

He's got, what, 3x less pickrate than Tracer?

"Competitive Variety"? Can't have that, now can we?

Seriously, people like you would prefer we go back to the dark ages of Season 5.
I mean, even Junkrat mains agreed that this wouldn't really address people's problems with him.

The main thing I remember reading was that the damage falloff doesn't stop him from doing damage and throwing double mines at you, it just makes it less consistent so it won't kill you. But then it also poses new issues (i.e. trap + mine combo not working), so I've read that they'd rather have 80 damage flat with the mine.
I don't think Junkrat needs a nerf.

He is still very powerful, but he has counterplay. He lacks range and reliability when it comes to his damage, now sure, it sucks getting hit by random grenades that he just spams. That doesn't warrant a nerf, it just means you needed better positioning or the Junkrat got lucky.

I think what he needs is a little more counterplay. Pharah is his best counter, but the meta doesn't favor her much and she can get shot down pretty quickly by Widow, McCree, and Soldier.

Plus if he goes back to F tier, that would not be great. He's one of the heroes that prevent barrier spam from becoming meta, honestly. The others are really just Bastion and Hog. One of which is not present in the meta on maps that aren't named Junkertown.
02/18/2018 08:17 PMPosted by GreyFalcon

And youre plat

I agee with OP

Yes, because Junkrat is waaay too common in Grandmasters.....

He's got, what, 3x less pickrate than Tracer?

"Competitive Variety"? Can't have that, now can we?

Still too common for me
OP: It did change up the mechanics some. It did drop his pickrate some. Went from 13 - 15 picked in Masters. GM stayed the same.

In Bronze - Silver - Some Gold...Pickrate will stay about the same.

It didn't affect high level game play like Masters and GM as they are already really good at aiming. And it didn't really affect Silver and Bronze as the awareness is lower so can easily get killed.

What it did affect was killing the trap+mine combo. Much easier to see. Still pretty rampant in lower ranks, again, due to lack of awareness.

it made mid ranks (Gold/Plat) try harder. It weeded out some bad Junks in this area, but not really.

The nerf went in the wrong direction. Should had been a flat number nerf (120 mine damage to 80) trap to 120. And rip tire points raised to match Pharah's.

No one asked for this stupid fall off the way it is.
02/18/2018 08:17 PMPosted by Pulse
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I disagree with OP.

He tried to rank shame OP though?

Not really rank-shaming when it's kind of a fact that console is a different experience. Because of the different mechanics required to play it (i.e. controller), that anything can be viable. And also, in lower ranks, even attack Torb is viable.

Maybe read the whole thing next time?...

[edit]
02/18/2018 08:18 PMPosted by Pulse

Still too common for me

I'm fairly certain a lot of people think Tracer is way too common, but ok.
02/18/2018 08:18 PMPosted by Pulse
Still too common for me

So basically you're one of those people who hate Balance and would prefer we stuck with the team compositions from Season 5.

Gotcha.

The season that nearly killed Overwatch streamers because of how dead boring it was.

Gold. Not that it matters
<Removed by forum moderator for toxicity>