The PTR is being used like we asked

General Discussion
remember when we wanted small changes to underused heroes to be tested on the PTR?

well can't have smaller changes than these, only sombra got big changes , both mei and doomfist changes are mostly irrelevant , they don't address the real problem .

is very likely those 2 heroes (and others) to get more buff in the future .

the only real problem I have is that they take too long implementing real changes to most heroes .

I'll give them a break the mercy changes probably needed 100% of their attention (like mercy 100% pick ratio ;))
I don't think that's really what people were asking for at all.

If anything, the PTR should be a way to test huge balance changes, because Blizzard can do literally anything they want there and it won't matter. Not everything on the PTR has to go live.

Little changes like the Mei ammo thing could just go live, since we all know everything that goes on the PTR is going to go live anyway.
Doesn’t really seem like they put too much thought into the Mercy changes tbh so I’m not sure why they didn’t try other hero changes already.
The doomfist spray and reload time buffs are small ??????!?!?!? He is 3x as more consistent on the PTR. Did you even play it more than 3 minutes yourself before speaking ?
Have they been tweaked in the PTR? Because the complaint isn't that the PTR doesn't have small changes in it, it's that 95% of all PTR changes, big or small, end up going straight to live with no changes and no attention paid to player feedback.
I think what people want is for changes on the PTR to not go live practically EVERY time.
02/19/2018 01:52 PMPosted by CoGLucifer
Have they been tweaked in the PTR? Because the complaint isn't that the PTR doesn't have small changes in it, it's that 95% of all PTR changes, big or small, end up going straight to live with no changes and no attention paid to player feedback.

This. Blizzard would take less flak if they would actually tweak the changes a bit before pushing them out. In it's current form the ptr is a colossal waste of time.