Tea bagging in OWL

General Discussion
It seems XQC has discussed this as well. He thinks either it should be all okay or not okay at all.

I'm not a fan of XQC, but I have to agree with that logic. Since it gets confusing or mix messages.

I think there can be a balance between some rivalry or light trash talking. That's part of gaming culture to cut lose and play game for fun? Just don't over do it?

Tea bagging, it can be interpreted in different ways. Some as sexual undertone, other as a joke or sign of dominance.

Of course if you are on professional league the rules tighten up a bit as they are being paid like a job.
Tea bagging is just jokey banter, nothing offensive about it. Also you’ll notice casters don’t say tea bagging, they’ll always say something like ‘dropped some clipper on him’ (clipper is a brand of tea) So they are having their language moderated.
Are they pros or are they children?

Seriously, Between XQCs behavior and this idk now lol
Going after teabaggers would be a waste of resources.
People get upset over !@#$%^-*!@? It's so funny turning around when Mercy kills Genji and destroys his ego xD
Ah, even more reason to think less of OWL and their players.
Stop don't bring the Splatoon 2 community here they hate taunting to salmon hell
you know your playerbase is casual when they get offended by tbaggn :P
This is why D.va in her mech can't crouch
I think that the game should be a little less strict. I'm still annoyed that they find a player for jokingly pulling a middle finger. When he just thought it was towards his teammates. It wasn't malicious but he still got fined. I don't like that. Tea-baggin is basically the gaming equivalent of flipping somebody off without being rude.
Well !@#$ i want my mcree to yank out his %^-* and piss on em

That would be hella funny imho and it's not really that bad its not like getting to go full necro
02/14/2018 03:41 PMPosted by Nitehawk
Kinda sets a [Forum Moderator Note: Removed inappropriate language] example for younger players, no?
That's a good thing, it is their entry into online videogames :)

NBA has fined players before for unruly behavior; trash-talking has resulted in technical fouls before.
This isn't the NBA.
02/14/2018 03:45 PMPosted by Nitehawk
02/14/2018 03:43 PMPosted by DinozaDude
What should they do? Remove CTRL from the game?... It dosent harm anyone, I find it funny, I really dont know who gets triggered and mad about it...

Hmm... Then you'd be okay with seeing every single player doing this going forward on the pro scene? Okay.
I'd be fine with that. I just want to see them do it to a dead Junkrat and get blown up :3

02/14/2018 03:46 PMPosted by Nitehawk
02/14/2018 03:44 PMPosted by Coulumbo
Its a first-person shooter. There will be baggage of tea.

The thing is that this is a widely broadcast professional match. By that token, there will always be trash talking in FPS games. By that, Profit shouldn't have been fined for his middle finger, no? Seems like Blizzard is not really consistent with its standards here.
flipping someone off is different than spamming crouch.
02/14/2018 04:31 PMPosted by MagyTheMage
Are they pros or are they children?

Seriously, Between XQCs behavior and this idk now lol
It is basically a integrated thing with games now. How do you think it's survived this long if it weren't?
02/15/2018 07:01 PMPosted by Tentative
Well !@#$ i want my mcree to yank out his %^-* and piss on em

That would be hella funny imho and it's not really that bad its not like getting to go full necro
Almost nobody thinks of it that way. If normal people did, then it would be a bannable offense. But it's not. So it's not.
02/14/2018 03:49 PMPosted by Hayete
PSA: Jake spoke on the matter last night during his stream (was towards the last 30-45 minutes of his stream) Go look it up if you're interested in why he, and others, are doing that. The short of it is everyone here who has commented on why they are doing it is wrong, so there's that.

Also the devs put a "teabag" spray and Ana emote in the game so... that's there stance on the topic in my opinion lol

This, there is a spray and emote in the game about t-bagging and it's just a bit of fun. Plus there is no better feeling than the couter-teabag.
https://clips.twitch.tv/MoralHonestGarageBudBlast

Is this acceptable behavior?
Jake does it all the time, and Blizzard has been silent about it.
But the castor does seem mildly surprised.
Kinda sets a [Forum Moderator Note: Removed inappropriate language] example for younger players, no?
I'd imagine behavior like this would get fined in other professional sports.
NBA has fined players before for unruly behavior; trash-talking has resulted in technical fouls before.
Thoughts?

[Edit] Apparently, NOT! Blizzard censors the word tea bagging on the forums. Double standard, Blizz, double standard. I am not even surprised.

[Edit2] It seems XQC has discussed this as well. He thinks either it should be all okay or not okay at all. The problem is that the community is so tilted and has multiple standards for different players. He knows that the community will flame the living hell out of Sinatraa or XQC if they did it while they'd be perfectly fine with Jake. I think he has a point: https://twitter.com/xQc/status/954173755017736192

Wow calm down. Its !@#$%^-*!@ lol its been around as long as multiplayer shooters.
What next? should we ban spraying or emoting after a kill? Seriously, if players want to leave themselves vulnerable to celebrate a kill, let them.
Hopefully at that level they don't care, they see it all the time in regular competitive. If it bothers someone then they probably aren't in OWL