If these Sombra changes goes live, I quit OW!

PTR Feedback
I like Sombra and I like her new playstyle. I also played for over 5h as she got accidentally changed on live and enjoyed it.

Less spread of her gun is needed. to make her more to a dps.

But all these changes to her hack. That's not balanced. Her hack is f****ing OP now. And shows us again that Blizzard is unable to balance the heroes in the game.

Sombra will be might be the next must-pick.

And everyone who thinks Sombra didn't got overbuffed has no idea about the game.
She will be strong. She might even be OP. But look on the bright side. People have been complaining about dive, specifically Tracer, Gengi, and D.Va. Those characters are all good, but not OP.

This is Blizzard's way of nerfing those characters indirectly.

After a couple months, the community will learn why they should play Sombra and she'll probably be toned back a bit.
Yeah. Sombra counters D.Va, Tracer and Genji. specially the reduced spray helps to shut them down. But she have been good against them before.
But what counters Sombra?

The new Sombra counters every hero in the game. A good Sombra destroys your entire team.
McCree, Hanzo, Ana, Roadhog, Mei, Junkrat, and Zarya can all give Sombra a hard time. So can a Torb that has good turret coverage.
She still needs her team to capitalize on her hacks in order for her to be really successful and impactful.
02/14/2018 10:24 PMPosted by Kallisti
McCree, Hanzo, Ana, Roadhog, Mei, Junkrat, and Zarya can all give Sombra a hard time. So can a Torb that has good turret coverage.

not anymore dude. Torb's turret can be hacked faster. sombra can come in invis hack the turret and wreck havoc to torb.

Also sombra's dps has not changed. she cant kill anyone with heals on them.
02/14/2018 10:45 PMPosted by ArnAnderson
02/14/2018 10:24 PMPosted by Kallisti

not anymore dude. Torb's turret can be hacked faster. sombra can come in invis hack the turret and wreck havoc to torb.

Also sombra's dps has not changed. she cant kill anyone with heals on them.

Sombra does 160 dps without headshots if she's within 15 meters. That's enough to out damage a healer. It just might not be enough to kill them faster than they kill you.

If she's landing headshots though, her maximum dps is 320. She can probably get close to that on D.Va.
You could always just not pick the heroes with passives that are disabled by hack.
02/14/2018 10:16 PMPosted by Dingel
A good Sombra destroys your entire team.

A good Widow destroys an entire team. (Seen Kephrii or other Widow players?)
A good Hanzo destroys an entire team. (Wraxu?)
A good Doomfist destroys an entire team. (Chipsa or Brandito?)
A good Tracer destroys an entire team. (Literally any OWL Tracer player)
A good Genji destroys an entire team. (Same as Tracer.)

They're high skill heroes for a reason. If you are very skillful with the character and the other team isn't prepared for it, you DESERVE to wipe the floor with them.

I main Sombra as much as I can in Masters rn, and I've been able to completely shut down enemy teams with her right now. The problem she has is consistency. This buff solves that BUT it also nerfs how fast she charges her ultimate, which is what everyone shouting "She's OP now!" seems to forget.
OP is incredibly childish. Completely blows these changes out of proportion and insists anyone who disagrees with him knows nothing about Overwatch. Incredible. Sombra was very situational before and well used by few people, not including myself. I think these buffs are appropriate and were certainly necessary.
Oh no, popular characters have a hard counter. maybe try counterpicking now
There isn't much counter play to the hack now. It's basically instant. Why they couldn't just not change the hack speed but make it only cancelable by the one actually getting hacked. This now is too much, seeing as it lasts 6 seconds. That's only 2 seconds less than her hack being off cooldown again.
02/15/2018 12:31 AMPosted by Maffis
There isn't much counter play to the hack now. It's basically instant. Why they couldn't just not change the hack speed but make it only cancelable by the one actually getting hacked. This now is too much, seeing as it lasts 6 seconds. That's only 2 seconds less than her hack being off cooldown again.

They reduced it by .15 seconds. That's not a massive difference, and it's not going to be easy to always hack someone in an actual match, literally 1 damage cancels it and with the meta favoring heroes like D.Va and Moira who can cancel it very easily, she'll still mostly find value out of hack when leaving invis.

I think the change everyone SHOULD be most worried about is Opportunist. That is literally broken and should NOT hit live servers at all.
02/14/2018 08:55 PMPosted by Dingel
And everyone who thinks Sombra didn't got overbuffed has no idea about the game.

Translation: "Everyone who disagrees with me is WRONG!"
...or "How not to start an argument 101"
Also, calling professional Devs incapable of proper balance is not just insulting on its own, but apart form the occasional 1-2 outlier heroes that will always exist, OW is more balanced right now than it's ever been.

Anyway, I agree with people here that these hack changes probably don't go too far. In fact, you could argue that an ult as good as EMP that you could have every teamfight was the thing that was actually too good. It was only balanced out by the rest of her kit being underpowered, and that's just bad hero balance imo. Also, can we stop calling anything that maybe even remotely approaches "too good" territory OP, please? It's just silly at this point.

Also, I agree that the "opportunist" changes are... not good. If someone has been slightly caressed by D.VA's primary fire from 30 meters away sombra shouldn't see them through walls, it's a little absurd. Maybe start at 10+ % of health lost?
02/14/2018 10:16 PMPosted by Dingel
Yeah. Sombra counters D.Va, Tracer and Genji. specially the reduced spray helps to shut them down. But she have been good against them before.
But what counters Sombra?

The new Sombra counters every hero in the game. A good Sombra destroys your entire team.

Sombra is countered by auto aim, splash damage, and of course by her high reliance on her team to coordinate. The new changes don't really change that.
This patch live will make me go back so it is at least draw. Was waiting for her spread improvement since her release and blocking passives is something that should be also from beginning.
Sombra - hard counter to everything but also hard countered by poor teamplay in her team.
Sounds good for me.
Sombra needed some buffs, we can all agree on that. But with the cast reduced it's too hard to cancel it and the new abilities disabled make her unfun to play against. If the Hack is that powerful, it needs some counterplays.

She is not getting buffs, she is becoming a cancer that no one would want to play against, and that's bad. Either you remove the cast reduction so that we can try to cancel it, either you don't add theses abilities.
02/15/2018 01:03 AMPosted by Noble6
02/14/2018 08:55 PMPosted by Dingel

Translation: "Everyone who disagrees with me is WRONG!"
...or "How not to start an argument 101"
Also, calling professional Devs incapable of proper balance is not just insulting on its own, but apart form the occasional 1-2 outlier heroes that will always exist, OW is more balanced right now than it's ever been.

Anyway, I agree with people here that these hack changes probably don't go too far. In fact, you could argue that an ult as good as EMP that you could have every teamfight was the thing that was actually too good. It was only balanced out by the rest of her kit being underpowered, and that's just bad hero balance imo. Also, can we stop calling anything that maybe even remotely approaches "too good" territory OP, please? It's just silly at this point.

Also, I agree that the "opportunist" changes are... not good. If someone has been slightly caressed by D.VA's primary fire from 30 meters away sombra shouldn't see them through walls, it's a little absurd. Maybe start at 10+ % of health lost?

Calling the designers incompetent is putting it politely, if 2xConcussion Mine Junkrat and half a year of Mercy meta didn't call their competence into question for you I really wonder what they'd have to do to shake your faith in them.

OW designers in a nut shell,

"Here's Junkrat, a situational tournament pick on narrow maps that we'd like to buff, give him 2 Concussion Mines and make him an S Tier character! Here's Mei, a situational tournament pick on narrow maps that we'd like to buff, eh give her a little more ammo ... are we doing it right guys ... guys ???"
02/15/2018 03:23 AMPosted by AtomicTom

Calling the designers incompetent is putting it politely, if 2xConcussion Mine Junkrat and half a year of Mercy meta didn't call their competence into question for you I really wonder what they'd have to do to shake your faith in them.

OW designers in a nut shell,

"Here's Junkrat, a situational tournament pick on narrow maps that we'd like to buff, give him 2 Concussion Mines and make him an S Tier character! Here's Mei, a situational tournament pick on narrow maps that we'd like to buff, eh give her a little more ammo ... are we doing it right guys ... guys ???"

A few things. First off, confirmation bias. Just because there's always 1-2 unbalanced heroes (because balancing games is actually hard and time consuming) doesn't mean that the vast majority of heroes isn't in a good place, because I think they are. It's easy to say someone sucks at their job if you just look at the examples where they !@#$ up.

And about Mercy specifically, there's a far more charitable interpretation for why they took so long with her. I mean they take long with balance of any hero, to see how the players react. But Mercy is THE most played hero by far. I can understand that they'd want to be careful to not ruin her. And it's not like they didn't nerf her several times, it was just never enough. This is why I DO think it's insulting to suggest they don't know what they're doing (or don't listen to the community, wich is also a popular thing to say).

I think the biggest criticism you can have for the dev team is that they sometimes take too long to adjust obvious problematic heroes, but acting like they suck at their job... yeah no.
Also, given how unbelievably complex of a game OW is, I don't think most studios could do better. I certainly don't think the OW team is above criticism, it's just that most criticism I read of them on forums is terrible.
02/14/2018 09:38 PMPosted by Lumin
She will be strong. She might even be OP. But look on the bright side. People have been complaining about dive, specifically Tracer, Gengi, and D.Va. Those characters are all good, but not OP.

This is Blizzard's way of nerfing those characters indirectly.

Look at the characters actually affected by the passive hack change: Mercy, Lucio, Pharah, Hanzo, Genji. Aside from Genji (which is arguable but whatever) are you seriously telling me that these characters needed explicit direct nerfs?

This is a dumb change. Anybody who thinks this is the right rework for Sombra clearly hasn't paid any attention to Blizzard's "Rework" track record. Literally every time they've either made the hero a must-pick or reduced them to rubble. No in-betweens.

We literally just got out of 4 months of Mercy-must-pick-Watch and now we're on our way into another one. So Bravo, I guess. Sombra mains will get themselves some SR. And Tracer will get a counter so I guess it's all worth it! Never mind if we intentionally screw Lucio and Mercy and Pharah and Hanzo even harder.

I said the same things with the original Mercy rework, and I got the same downvotes, so bring it on I guess. At least Sombra isn't a support hero. We'll just have a new annoying must-pick DPS. Everybody who thinks that Tracer and Genji will have counters now are clueless...they won't have counters. They'll just get a new main DPS flanking buddy. If you think Sombra is going to make flankers go away anytime soon I have a bridge to sell you.