The State of Moira Balance

General Discussion
I'm getting really sick of people coming to the forums whining about Moira. 99% of the time it's a flanker main or someone with barely any real time in-game complaining about how they tried to 1v1 Moira and got completely destroyed.

Just because you get killed by another character in a 1v1 doesn't make them OP.

Moira still has the lowest DPS in the entire game at a whopping 50, plus her self-regeneration from her RMB is a measly 33HPS. Meaning she's easily countered by high amounts of sustained or burst damage, such as from Junkrat or Soldier.

We all know Moira's beam is much like Zarya's but with a slightly more generous hitbox; it rewards good tracking, thus allowing Moira to effectively duel, even counter, flankers. However, it's range caps at 21 meters, the same range as Roadhog's hook. This means she's hard countered by snipers and any hero that can headshot from a distance.

One thing that everyone who tries to 1v1 Moira needs to know is that her orbs have a maximum amount of damage or healing they can deal; the damage orb caps at 200 damage and the healing orb caps at 300 healing. This is spread out across every player target they come across, so naturally the damage orb is going to deplete much slower, and thus deal more damage, to a single target than it is going to deal to multiple targets. Because of this, Tanks have an overwhelming advantage against Moira, as do enemy deathballs and multiple heroes diving onto Moira at once.

In sum, Moira winning a 1v1 either means she's doing her job (dueling squishy flankers), or she pounced on someone with low health, or the person asking for nerfs lacks the proper skillset to counter her.
02/18/2018 08:51 AMPosted by Blam320
In sum, Moira winning a 1v1 either means she's doing her job (dueling squishy flankers), or she pounced on someone with low health, or the person asking for nerfs lacks the proper skillset to counter her.

The proper skillset to counter her is either being a tank or having perfect accuracy.

Having perfect accuracy isn't realistic.

Moira has the kit that gives her not only the ability to defend herself against people diving on her, which is fine, but she can also use the same kit to dive on people herself.
Healer here. I just want Moira to have less range. The fact that she can kill me from anywhere on the point when we are pushing is very very annoying. It doesn’t even have to be a lot less range.
To add more to the discussion heres a list of counter arguments to why Moira is fine made by another user.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20762006284?page=1#post-1
1v1s are rare anyways. People like to argue points through a microcosm. This is a team game, where team fights occur more frequently (or always at higher ranks).

I love Moira just the way she is. Blizzard actually delivered us a FUN support hero. She has no utility for her team, she only damages or heals (like zen, but in a main healer form).

She is a perfect fit for this game and she does not need a nerf. Also, her orbs? Stop playing a squishy and pick D.Va, she absolutely destroys Moira healing economy and damage by eating her orbs. Also, if Moira shifts away you can pounce on her with rockets/booster/melee. Dead. Done.

Dps players hate her because they are so used to being the ones to kill supports, but the dive tank D.va is the ultimate Moira killer.

Am I right Moira players? Is a good D.Va simply the bane of your existence?
I also think she's fine. Don't try to fight her 1v1 in an enclosed space unless you can put out enough damage to beat her. You don't need perfect accuracy to kill her. It's not like you're both locked in place in a point-and-click deathmatch. Move around. Use your team. Use the environment. Fight her correctly.
PLEASE DON'T QUOTE THIS!!! It's a long post. Don't make it hard for others to scroll down in replies.

Imagine if you read the post you've been spamming all over Moira threads.
I'm getting really sick of people coming to the forums whining about Moira.99% of the time it's a flanker main

Getting sick of people saying she is just fine. 90% of the forum is support-only mains who who doesn't care to hear the other side of the argument.
Moira is slightly overtuned. She needs a decrease to her self healing, the reason being that she already has two ways to heal herself, she doesn’t need self healing on top of that. But a nerf from 30 to 20 would be perfect. Fade is her most op part of her kit. Every 6 seconds you have high mobility on top of invulnerability, just increase it to 8 seconds anymore and that would hurt her too much. Finally her ult should charge a bit less, but that’s not to big a deal. The first 2 are needed though.
02/18/2018 09:02 AMPosted by Luca

Imagine if you read the post you've been spamming all over Moira threads.

Imagine, reading a bunch of points but only acknowledging that part.
02/18/2018 09:09 AMPosted by OGgiraffrey
Moira is slightly overtuned. She needs a decrease to her self healing, the reason being that she already has two ways to heal herself, she doesn’t need self healing on top of that. But a nerf from 30 to 20 would be perfect. Fade is her most op part of her kit. Every 6 seconds you have high mobility on top of invulnerability, just increase it to 8 seconds anymore and that would hurt her too much. Finally her ult should charge a bit less, but that’s not to big a deal. The first 2 are needed though.

Someone that understands that she is not OP but a bit overtuned. Finally.
Her ult charges extremely fast even tho she needs more points than the rest of the cast to do that.
02/18/2018 09:14 AMPosted by FaneL
02/18/2018 09:09 AMPosted by OGgiraffrey

Her ult charges extremely fast even tho she needs more points than the rest of the cast to do that.

Don’t worry their are others on here that think what we do. Just the majority on here are people that argue with things like fun as oppose to logic. On top of that they can’t make any counter arguments. And before I hear that I’m a dps main. I have a total of 15 hrs on Moira. That should be enough to speak on the subject. She’s just slightly to easy to use for the amount of reward given to you.
02/18/2018 08:54 AMPosted by Luca

The proper skillset to counter her is either being a tank or having perfect accuracy.

Having perfect accuracy isn't realistic.

Moira has the kit that gives her not only the ability to defend herself against people diving on her, which is fine, but she can also use the same kit to dive on people herself.

Shes not healing if shes diving and secondly she has to do damage in order to get her healing resource back.
02/18/2018 09:26 AMPosted by OGgiraffrey
02/18/2018 09:14 AMPosted by FaneL

Don’t worry their are others on here that think what we do. Just the majority on here are people that argue with things like fun as oppose to logic. On top of that they can’t make any counter arguments. And before I hear that I’m a dps main. I have a total of 15 hrs on Moira. That should be enough to speak on the subject. She’s just slightly to easy to use for the amount of reward given to you.

Too bad any opinions must be worded in absolutes to be cared about. Even if you are on the middle part you are just thrown in one of the extremes.
Lowrating - Check
Most played Moira - Check
She still doesn't have to aim and posses a very long range. So I think your point regarding skill is moot because it takes less skill on Moira's part and much more elsewhere to deal with her.

Not having to aim should come at a greater cost. Like look at Symmetra and Winston, having very very short reach so the counter play to a lock on is to escape. Unfortunately this doesn't apply to Moira's attack range.

If they remove the lock on or shorten her range, I can definitely agree with your point as her numbers are not very high.
02/18/2018 09:48 AMPosted by Saber
She still doesn't have to aim and posses a very long range. So I think your point regarding skill is moot because it takes less skill on Moira's part and much more elsewhere to deal with her.

Not having to aim should come at a greater cost. Like look at Symmetra and Winston, having very very short reach so the counter play to a lock on is to escape. Unfortunately this doesn't apply to Moira's attack range.

If they remove the lock on or shorten her range, I can definitely agree with your point as her numbers are not very high.

It's a soft lock animation. You can already break the beam connection with very little effort.
02/18/2018 09:53 AMPosted by Arfbix
02/18/2018 09:48 AMPosted by Saber

It's a soft lock animation. You can already break the beam connection with very little effort.

It’s still an auto lock beam. It doesn’t require the same amount of effort as other heroes. I said this before but spectator mode is more mechanically demanding than Moira is.
Aside from a very slight range reduction, I really do not think Moira needs a nerf but one thing I will say is that in 1v1 situations it can be pretty difficult to see through her siphon beam. The effects going on can really mess with your aim. This is like an inadvertent advantage for her in addition to being able to teleport and gain health.

Something needs to be done about her visual effects to other players, only thing she needs changed.
People complained about Moira don't even know her true strength. She is way better than any other supports with her survivability, nothing sort of widow/Hanzo shots can pose a threat to her. Only bad Moira goes chasing flankers or goes on a flanking mission herself.
Coupling with her unmatched healing output, Moira has the best potential in drawing out teamfight that would otherwise lost. If the new hero doesn't directly counter her or the new Sombra buff is enough to suppress Moira, I can see Blizz comes in and nerf her healing or increase her cool down; but not her damage potential.