Why Is Reaper White?

General Discussion
His Blackwatch skin has far more complexion than his arms in the Classic skin. Did something happen to him similar to Widow?
...what, doesn't his classic skin..show zero skin?
Well, he died if that counts as something.

...what, doesn't his classic skin..show zero skin?

You can see a small section of his arms.

Correction, it's possible that's only in the first launch cinematic. I don't exactly remember if that reflects his original skin in game.
Yeah.

He died.
How'd he die?
02/18/2018 09:50 PMPosted by Floralwaters
How'd he die?

Soldier 76 supposedly killed him. They ain't buds anymore.
02/18/2018 09:40 PMPosted by Floralwaters
His Blackwatch skin has far more complexion than his arms in the Classic skin. Did something happen to him similar to Widow?
Well he is actually Mexican American I believe (hence the outfits he has) so yeah he could look “white”
02/18/2018 09:53 PMPosted by dradventure
02/18/2018 09:40 PMPosted by Floralwaters
Well he is actually Mexican American I believe (hence the outfits he has) so yeah he could look “white”
Melanin doesn't disappear when you die.
02/18/2018 09:44 PMPosted by EdgiestName
When you haven’t stolen anything a week...
he also turned into a homicidal murderer so it's pretty fitting.
It's not white as in west european descent, it's white as in corpse, that's why it's... literally white.
Oh my god Floralwaters, you can`t just ask people why they are white.
That's assuming it's his skin that's showing and not some sort of layer of tight clothing. I imagine a guy who wears a mask would wear more than just a spooky trench coat with big gloves/boots.
Just win
02/18/2018 09:55 PMPosted by RoseRalts
02/18/2018 09:53 PMPosted by dradventure
...Well he is actually Mexican American I believe (hence the outfits he has) so yeah he could look “white”
Melanin doesn't disappear when you die.
I can’t find anything within like 10 minutes of searching to verify that statement.(it was all like skin care stuff)

But point being is it looks like he still appears Mexican or Latino. As to what I can tell is maybe the artist messed up on the skin tone. It is an undershirt. Or something else. It does not still appear to be a normal Caucasian or euro skin tone.
Maybe his origins skin. Is really him alive and the fact he was already Latino he was tan during being alive due to him being from LA a rather sunny part of America.

He still doesn’t appear to be Caucasian and I wouldn’t think he is at first look
02/18/2018 09:58 PMPosted by Shining
Oh my god Floralwaters, you can`t just ask people why they are white.

I admit this make me chuckle.
I thought he was black as well because of his dark skin
Turns out he's Mexican according to people
The guy has been through many genetic changes pre and post Blackwatch. So whatever was done on him might have changed his entire cellular structure (quoting Moira here) over time.
Because Moira's experiments have twisted him, turning him into an ethereal being stuck in a limbo between life and death. We know for certain that Reaper's body is in a terrible condition; Ana saw Reaper's face in the comic Old Soldiers and was horrified. In addition, Reaper denigrates himself by referring to himself as 'thing' and resents his condition. But he has no other choice: he is immortal, so he cannot commit suicide. He is stuck in that ugly form of sorrowful darkness and brooding hatred for eternity.