Does Valkyrie have a use anymore?

General Discussion
Before this starts with the basic: "Look another whiny mercy main!" I would like to immediately explain that I'm not trying to complain about her nerfs. I'm trying to get useful feedback. Yes I know trolls are going to frame it that way anyway, the explanation is for those that care about the conversation.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Has anyone been able to get any use from Valkyrie since the changes, I've had a hard time seeing the point in it's use on most maps. It seems like the lack of speed kind of gives no point to the 'flight' as your healing stream makes you an easily spotted and killed target, seems better to stay on the ground anyway. The healing increase is ok, but I think I'd take almost any other support ult.

Thoughts?(and yes I switch off to other healers)
I pop in when I want to sustain a push with heals and we're all grouped up, particularly useful on 2CP points like Anubis and Volksaya.

I can't...really think of any other way to use it?
It's best used as an initiation/pushing tool.

An initiation tool....on a 2k ult charge...what a travesty lol.
02/19/2018 02:22 PMPosted by AzshFayd

Lucio laughs in your face.
I play in a bracket where no one aims vertically so it's still okay to use in the air.
02/19/2018 02:24 PMPosted by Xaron

I mean, sound barrier CAN block some ultimates.

But yeah, his ult charge is equally ridiculous tbh

You can be more impactful with sound barrier if you use it to counter enemy damage ults. Valk only gets to be an initiation ult, her chain heal won't stop enemy ults.
02/19/2018 02:26 PMPosted by AzshFayd

I mean, sound barrier CAN block some ultimates.

But yeah, his ult charge is equally ridiculous tbh

Yeah like I said it's an ult that is done better by multiple heroes in different ways it seems.
Having less impact in the team fights
with no real way to overpower or turn the fight around
dunno how they feel that she in the right spot
kinda funny and sad at the same time
02/19/2018 02:21 PMPosted by TheBloodyFox
Before this starts with the basic: "Look another whiny mercy main!" I would like to immediately explain that I'm not trying to complain about her nerfs. I'm trying to get useful feedback. Yes I know trolls are going to frame it that way anyway, the explanation is for those that care about the conversation.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Has anyone been able to get any use from Valkyrie since the changes, I've had a hard time seeing the point in it's use on most maps. It seems like the lack of speed kind of gives no point to the 'flight' as your healing stream makes you an easily spotted and killed target, seems better to stay on the ground anyway. The healing increase is ok, but I think I'd take almost any other support ult.

Thoughts?(and yes I switch off to other healers)
it is less useful then lucio since lucio can at least counter some ults with his ult. It is only slightly higher sustainability
It's just a mini zen ult for the most part. It is one of the worst ults in the game but it isn't useless. I think they should make her ult charge have a quicker rate. The only other thing i can think of to make it better would make it better is if they made her even harder to kill in valk mode. This could make ressing mpre possible while in valk and she could also go battle mercy too. At the same time i don't think it would be too op. Her ult just needs something to make it better.
Its a bad ult.

That being said there is literally no reason not to use it the teamfight after you get it. There is no point in saving it.

Best case scenario you bait out a superior ultimate with it.
I use it to chain heal and capitalize on the moments when we have an edge. Hopefully break the opposite team's flow and patterns. Other than that it's basically "kill me" button that allows you to glow, paint arrows towards yourself, and float away from protective barriers so that snipers have a clear shot.

Once in a while I'll rush back to a team fight by flying over a gap without someone to guardian angel to.
02/19/2018 02:30 PMPosted by momiwantcake
It's just a mini zen ult for the most part. It is one of the worst ults in the game but it isn't useless. I think they should make her ult charge have a quicker rate.

The funny thing is, mass resurrects ult charge was MUCH lower than Valkyrie's.

When they reworked her, they increased the ult charge requirement to 2k, it was originally 1.6k I believe. (I don't know if i'm getting the numbers right)

A significantly less impactful ult like Valkyrie should have that old Ult charge requirement.
Distraction and harassing Widows before they inevitably shoot you down.
Now that it doesn’t change anything with Rez it’s either just a worse Transendence or a worse Supercharger.
its easier to survive and it chain heals and damage boost teamates for a long time so ya its almost a garenteed succesful push/defense(assuming no other ults from either team is used). i use it to initiate pushes and survive against like a genji ult.
I think you just use it for the sake of using it. The healing isn't going to save anyone like sound barrier or transcendence can, so you just press Q whenever.
I use it anytime I hear a dragon blade or rip tire coming, and 9 times out of 10, I'd say it saves my life.

I also use it if I get surrounded in a chaotic fight to try and get away. About 50% of the time it works, in which case I'm amazed and very proud of myself. The other 50% of the time I die less than a second after using it and curse myself for not saving it to get back to the objective.

Which brings me to the final common use for it - getting back to the objective when I die on defense. It's fairly useful in that.

Edit - I do also use it when people get stuck in Zarya's ult. Between the shields and healing everyone else pops, it does seem to sometimes help one person survive who otherwise wouldn't if I had only been able to heal one person through it, since when everyone's grouped up like that it's hard to target the person most likely to survive.
mostly only good for dmg boosting when starting a push, teamfight.

its a useless ult against burst dmg.