Does Valkyrie have a use anymore?

General Discussion
after losing that instant rez, i was a little unsure how to use valk, because i used to save my ult for that rez.

But now i use it when i need to heal everyone at the same time or if we need that push.

Im still working on my timings for the pushes tho, i keep holding my ult back for some reason
Generally I use it to start or finish an engagement. The 15 seconds of chain healing and damage boosting is invaluable then to keep your team up, unless the other team uses their ults. Then the benefits may as well not exist, try as I might.
Weather reports.
When I'm not solo healing, I actually just use it to gun people down.

I mean that seems like it's only purpose right? The boost to healing is meh, but the unlimited pistol ammo I just tear things apart....

I also main D.Va so they're basically the same pistol mechanics/speed.
02/19/2018 04:22 PMPosted by Seelegeist
Yeah, it has.

02/19/2018 04:21 PMPosted by Hera
No character has ever been in a worse position than Mercy is right now.

Symmetra? Torbjörn?

I mean.. dude(tte)..

What can Mercy do? Can she change the tide of the fight? Win or carry a game? Sure Torb and Sym are very situational but they actually have an impactful ultimate and can actually do their job much better than Mercy can. Lucio, Ana, Zen and Moira all have some sort of secondary healing ability which can make a big impact. Mercy can pump out a measly 60 hp/s and a res which 9/10 doesnt really make a huge different because it’s very situational.
02/19/2018 04:22 PMPosted by Seelegeist
Yeah, it has.

02/19/2018 04:21 PMPosted by Hera
No character has ever been in a worse position than Mercy is right now.

Symmetra? Torbjörn?

I mean.. dude(tte)..

At least those two are fun to play in their own right. I know they're not the most viable, but we'll have to see about that when OWL goes into Stage 2 and Gimpcy is live for them.
I mean using something that makes your health constantly regenerate and makes your damage boost / healing chain has to be a bad thing right? Just never bother using it.

*ROLLS EYES*

All of this hypersensationalism is getting kinda tired.
Its a death sentence vs hitscan as it removes all need for them to position around your front line to line up shots.
02/19/2018 04:57 PMPosted by Karock
I mean using something that makes your health constantly regenerate and makes your damage boost / healing chain has to be a bad thing right? Just never bother using it.

*ROLLS EYES*

you dont even play mercy.. maybe try it and then roll your eyes.
It can still win the game depending on the situation like for massive healing or massive damage boost.

Don't bother resurrecting in ult form as it is a waste.
I use Valk mostly for capturing or defending a point.

Another suitable moment to use Valk is while defending at choke points - Volskaya Industries and Hanamura in which opponents try to push through and friendlies get wounded a lot.

If everyone on your team is dead and the enemy is capturing the point (basically the bar is filling up fast), I will use Valkyrie to stall them by descending and ascending around the point.

*ROLLS EYES*

Yes but this is her ultimate ability and not a very fast charging one like Sombra or Symmetra. Lucio’s E ability is basically Mercy’s ultimate at this point, Mercy’s just for longer and helps her escape some danger. Other than that pretty lackluster. But I encourage you to go play mercy, do you really have any ability to save or help a teammate in danger? I could amp it up as Lucio or nade as Ana but a poor situational res every now and then? Feels very useless....
02/19/2018 03:00 PMPosted by SirRocknRyan
You have to use it proactively to PREVENT death, as in you use it to initiate or sustain a fight BEFORE people on your team die.

The problem I find with this is that it doesn't even help. Yeah I can make sure my team is getting as much healing as possible but, if they don't do anything with it the ultimate does nothing. It doesn't even bait out other ultimate since a little focus fire will kill people anyway.

It just doesn't prevent death, it doesn't hard engage and it doesn't help in an ultimate fight. I find the best use is to just pop it once you get into a fight from there its no longer up to me. I can't heal any better, you very rarely get nice opportunities to damage boost whilst using Valk and flying doesn't help often either.
I use it mostly to get away from tire but I only play quickplay so my word is probably not that important lol
Oh, also I forgot to mention my favourite use of Valk is to reach someone to res that I would otherwise be unable to access. It's not nearly Huge Res, but its nice to pretend sometimes.
I have been using it as an initiation tool, but also noticed I've been using it to bait and flee from people chasing me. Shamelessly, I might add.
02/19/2018 02:28 PMPosted by Valoris
Having less impact in the team fights
with no real way to overpower or turn the fight around
dunno how they feel that she in the right spot
kinda funny and sad at the same time

It's because her ultimate is weaker when it comes to being impactful with no punishment when you use it. Whereas her ability is very punishable and it does matter when you use it but the impact of the ability is really strong. Wouldn't you think that an ultimate should be super strong and impactful but very punishable whereas an ability should be weaker when it comes to being impactful but you can use it whenever without being punished super hard. :thinking:
02/19/2018 05:35 PMPosted by MerlinBrando
I have been using it as an initiation tool, but also noticed I've been using it to bait and flee from people chasing me. Shamelessly, I might add.

Haha yes, I use Valk to disappoint Genji sometimes.

Right after Genji activates Dragonblade, sees Mercy flying away. Sometimes I'll turn around and start waving.

*ROLLS EYES*

I'm referring to Mercy's current ultimate in comparison with it's previous iterations and with the ultimates of other healers. I'm trying to find input in the discussion of it's use, as from my perspective it has become less of an ultimate and more of a side ability. However if you disagree you could probably try actually playing the character that is the topic of the discussion, as opposed to writing off other's input out of spite for the discussion.
I use it as an escape route when I'm being targeted lmao