Is PBSR being removed across the board for S9?

Competitive Discussion
Now that the change has had a season to "bake in" for Diamond+ Will performance-based SR also be removed for Plat and below for S9?
Even with PBSR removed you'd still be in bronze.
02/19/2018 02:42 PMPosted by Player

Ahh, now that's the quality response I expect on these forums
it's true, honestly I did way better with PBSR.
02/19/2018 02:43 PMPosted by Sofrito

And I didn't expect anything more from someone who complains daily on the forums about how it's everyone else's fault but his as to why he can't rank up.
02/19/2018 02:45 PMPosted by Player
02/19/2018 02:43 PMPosted by Sofrito

And I didn't expect anything more from someone who complains daily on the forums about how it's everyone else's fault but his as to why he can't rank up.

Allow me to elaborate then. The removal of PBSR is to promote players to play for the WIN rather than squat on a single hero every match and stat-pad. You know, like the Devs came out and said themselves when they implemented the change.

I don't see how promoting team play and discouraging hero-squatting/one-tricking is bad for any rank.
<span class="truncated">...</span>And I didn't expect anything more from someone who complains daily on the forums about how it's everyone else's fault but his as to why he can't rank up.

Allow me to elaborate then. The removal of PBSR is to promote players to play for the WIN rather than squat on a single hero every match and stat-pad. You know, like the Devs came out and said themselves when they implemented the change.

I don't see how promoting team play and discouraging hero-squatting/one-tricking is bad for any rank.

Because the removal of PBSR brought in a new problem. People who will only play a role expecting everyone else to fill even if they are under performing. Somehow the outcome they wanted got the opposite.

It's almost like the problem became much worse than before.
02/19/2018 02:48 PMPosted by Sofrito
02/19/2018 02:45 PMPosted by Player
...And I didn't expect anything more from someone who complains daily on the forums about how it's everyone else's fault but his as to why he can't rank up.

But you want it removed because you think it will get you out of Bronze. We all know that. You know that. There is no reason to hide it. Might as well be honest.
If you think removing PBSR will remove one tricks boy have i got news for you.

See just as many 1 ticks above Diamond than i did below.
02/19/2018 03:50 PMPosted by Tapsum!@#$
If you think removing PBSR will remove one tricks boy have i got news for you.

See just as many 1 ticks above Diamond than i did below.

it will at least make them bottom out at a lower SR to make their win / loss hit 50%, because the 5/100 games they ruin for 11 others by forcing a win or a loss based solely on matchmaker/hero choices.

put it this way, none of them will have negative win rates and be a smidge higher up in elo for balance sake. they'll all be a smidge lower, ie 200 SR. so the game is more appropriately 50%.

Actually he would be low silver since he has more comp wins then losses this season. Also if PBSR was removed a mentality shift would happen over time the mind set will no long be I gain SR by performing well I don't care about my team as much to I need to win games to gain sr I gotta play and make picks to help the team win so I win
02/19/2018 03:49 PMPosted by SquidKD
02/19/2018 02:48 PMPosted by Sofrito

But you want it removed because you think it will get you out of Bronze. We all know that. You know that. There is no reason to hide it. Might as well be honest.

I've already climbed out of Bronze once, but made the mistake of doing my placements on S76 for S8 rather than Zen, (the Hero I am best with), because I was a bit bored with Zen at the time. No one to blame but myself there.

So to respond to your statement, no, I don't think removing PBSR will "get me out of Bronze". No one will get me back out of Bronze but me. That doesn't mean that everyone shouldn't have access to the same system that promotes team play that the upper ranks do.
02/19/2018 03:54 PMPosted by Sofrito
That doesn't mean that everyone shouldn't have access to the same system that promotes team play that the upper ranks do.

Agreed. Besides of which I'm tired of the apparent response they have towards platinum and lower tiers, precisely being nothing. No mention of plans (even possible plans), no comments, no answers to any questions regarding platinum and lower, it simply feels like they catered solely to diamond and above where most of the popular streamers and content creators are. All about good PR promoting.
02/19/2018 03:54 PMPosted by Sofrito
02/19/2018 03:49 PMPosted by SquidKD

I've already climbed out of Bronze once, but made the mistake of doing my placements on S76 for S8 rather than Zen, (the Hero I am best with), because I was a bit bored with Zen at the time. No one to blame but myself there.

So to respond to your statement, no, I don't think removing PBSR will "get me out of Bronze". No one will get me back out of Bronze but me. That doesn't mean that everyone shouldn't have access to the same system that promotes team play that the upper ranks do.

Well, as someone who was Diamond+ before and after the changes, nothing is different at all. Nothing. I would commend you for actually taking accountability for your rank though, no one in Bronze will admit that their teammates aren’t utter garbage.

I still would like the comfort of having my gains based on my overall winrate / mmr because it helps banish the whole
D.va : wow this team is trash, wtf I have all gold medals
rest of the team : but you've fed them so much ult charge for no reason....
You know the whole, I HAVE GOLD MEDALS IM THE BEST. sometimes it definitely is an indicator of something wrong and needing swapping but people shouldn't carry the mentality that they are good because of gold medals.
Also though because I feel it would me a morale boost for me, you know - not to gain like 9 less sr than what I would normally because I had a bad game or was countered hard but we still pulled the win out.
I totally do realize it won't shift my rank upwards but you know
Personally i don't care if PBSR is taken into account or not, realistically it doesn't have a massive difference on the game. Where i have an issue is that they changed it for Diamond+, you cannot, split a player base like that. The same uniform rule has to apply.

It would be like nerfing a character depending on the rank they are....
02/19/2018 02:41 PMPosted by Sofrito
Now that the change has had a season to "bake in" for Diamond+ Will performance-based SR also be removed for Plat and below for S9?

So you want smurfs to stay low SR for longer?
02/19/2018 04:26 PMPosted by kitten
02/19/2018 02:41 PMPosted by Sofrito

What’s the % of the 35 million accounts that are smurfs? I don’t think it’s large enough to not remove PBSR for all ranks. Smurfs are going to exist regardless. All we can do is report them.
02/19/2018 04:33 PMPosted by Sofrito
02/19/2018 04:26 PMPosted by kitten

What’s the % of the 35 million accounts that are smurfs? I don’t think it’s large enough to not remove PBSR for all ranks. Smurfs are going to exist regardless. All we can do is report them.
First of all let's face facts out of the 35 million accounts how many of them you think actually do competitive? Ill give you a hint it aint even anywhere close to half.
i can 100% hand on heart say there is nothing they can really do to stop smurfs.

I also think the issue is overplayed hugely, I've only ever seen a handful of people i thought were legit smurfing. Maybe there are more at the lower ranks, i don't know. But i don't remember the last time i saw someone that completely outplayed an entire team.

ON WAIT THATS ME DOING THAT LOL nah but actually i don't remember the last time i saw it.