Protect Zenyatta

General Discussion
Currently, all the witchunting is targeted to Moira. But if Blizzard does the unthinkable, who do you think the support hater would go after next?

They won't stop until Soldier: 76 is the best healer.
why the f would you nerf zen he has literally been the same for 6 seasons and a lot of people enjoy playing a him, hes not easy, you are vulnerable and a lot of other stuff
negativity can actually end up messing up stuff sometimes :/ stop being overdramatic, hes fair
Just wait until they fix the bug with Moira that lets her heal through barriers. We'll see just how OP she is when she suffers the same restrictions as Ana.

Also, Soldier already has better healing than Zen. It's higher health per second, and it's AoE. If the team is grouped up, Soldier could probably out heal Zen not including Transcendence.
why the f would you nerf zen he has literally been the same for 6 seasons and a lot of people enjoy playing a him, hes not easy, you are vulnerable and a lot of other stuff
negativity can actually end up messing up stuff sometimes :/ stop being overdramatic, hes fair

Many pros think his Right Click is OP
02/19/2018 03:29 PMPosted by sodartic
Mercy 1.0
I've seen the rumbles of the Nerf Zen movement appear, we need to form ZPS: the Zenyatta Protection Society
02/19/2018 03:52 PMPosted by Deprece
His right-click is OP. He can melt tanks from across the map. Most good Zen players will just charge up shots, and spam it down narrow openings where they know players are likely to come from. Much like Hanzo, and either catch free kills by accident, or drop a tank down to like 20hp as they come around the corner.

I'm not advocating to nerf it, just saying as a person who plays a fair amount of Zen, that it's a justified statement.

That's why.

Nerf Moira and Zenyatta will be the only support who hasn't been heavily nerfed and there's little doubt he'd be left the strongest. Not to mention, Moira is arguably on the same exact same balance level as Zen, if you say Moira's too strong, well, then surely Zen must be as well.
???
moira has fade (has 18m of mobility) and biotic orb
she can run away from danger way more effectively than zen
zen can
uh
jump
you guys are being hella paranoic like literally nobody ranted about zen after ana died because of dive and mercy 2.0 or when he was often paired with lucio before moiras release
literally just stop being paranoic
02/19/2018 03:59 PMPosted by SwiftDeath
02/19/2018 03:52 PMPosted by Deprece
His right-click is OP. He can melt tanks from across the map. Most good Zen players will just charge up shots, and spam it down narrow openings where they know players are likely to come from. Much like Hanzo, and either catch free kills by accident, or drop a tank down to like 20hp as they come around the corner.

I'm not advocating to nerf it, just saying as a person who plays a fair amount of Zen, that it's a justified statement.

Scatter is instant, Orbs have a charge up. That means Zenyatta has to preemptively prepare it, as opposed to scatter which can be reactively used.

It also means he cant use it when he gets jumped, which is going to happen a lot.

It also does only ~240 damage. Unlike scatter you have to hit all 5 orbs in order to kill a squishy from full, while scatter only needs to hit 3/5 splinter shots.

02/19/2018 05:01 PMPosted by sodartic
???
moira has fade (has 18m of mobility) and biotic orb
she can run away from danger way more effectively than zen
zen can
uh
jump
you guys are being hella paranoic like literally nobody ranted about zen after ana died because of dive and mercy 2.0 or when he was often paired with lucio before moiras release
literally just stop being paranoic

Yea because back then people hated on Ana
then Lucio
then Mercy
now Moira.

You see the trend here?
Tbh i dont even think Zen is OP and i play him quite a bit. But if he keeps seeing play like he currently is he might need a nerf.
02/19/2018 03:59 PMPosted by SwiftDeath
...His right-click is OP. He can melt tanks from across the map. Most good Zen players will just charge up shots, and spam it down narrow openings where they know players are likely to come from. Much like Hanzo, and either catch free kills by accident, or drop a tank down to like 20hp as they come around the corner.

Scatter is instant, Orbs have a charge up. That means Zenyatta has to preemptively prepare it, as opposed to scatter which can be reactively used.

It also means he cant use it when he gets jumped, which is going to happen a lot.

It also does only ~240 damage. Unlike scatter you have to hit all 5 orbs in order to kill a squishy from full, while scatter only needs to hit 3/5 splinter shots.

^ this
ppl need to calm down ive played the guy a lot and he has no jail free card, if you got dived and nobody is there to help you are doomed (which is why i often panic ult and it ends up costing us the game since no dps was there to protect me/the zen)
02/19/2018 05:06 PMPosted by Hayaishi
Tbh i dont even think Zen is OP and i play him quite a bit. But if he keeps seeing play like he currently is he might need a nerf.

Being the only remaining viable support would obviously mean he has a high pickrate.

Imagine, just imagine, if the Offense category consisted of only Mccree, Sombra and Doomfist. Mccree would be picked nearly every game.
Zen has been given counters like Ana biotic grenade last 4 seconds . and if Sombra comes into play more often with given changes to her. Her EMP + Invis is really disgusting to Zenyatta.

What's more, Zenyatta disadvantage is really apparent too, bad mobility makes him need to make decision about his positioning (more so than Mercy) . There is no clear answer about being far and be sniper or closer to your team. And his healing is really 30 hps so picking Zen is sacrificing healing output of your team too.
not to mention that y'all seem to keep forgetting that sombra will literally be enough of a counter to zen. have you played the ptr?
sombra can emp twice, or even 3 times more than she used to.
they wont nerf zen. he has already too much counters
i feel that lucio and ana are literally bad now because of the indirect changes to other herores have gotten that ended up not being favorable to them

oh and of course widow and hanzo. those snakes