Why I'm really Considering on Leaving OW - Please Read

General Discussion
For the last couple of months I have been playing a lot of comp and my anger for this game has only grown. My problem with this game is that when I go into comp then seeing 4 DPS instalock and not switch I just wanna leave the game. I'm a Flex/Tank player and today I played around 18 games of comp because of no school and played DPS about 2 or 3 times. I might just start maining Fortnite and stop wasting my time, energy, and money on this game until it adds a Role Select or a Guild System. I really love OW but I can't handle this stress, I even have the gold portrait. OW is truly my favorite game I have ever played but until they fix this system of 4 people instalocking DPS and not willing to switch, I'm probably going to just stop. Make Overwatch Great Again! #MOGA
You're just stressed because you really like this game. If you didn't care about it or winning, you truly wouldn't care and wouldn't stress about it all.

Playing some fortnite is probably a good idea. Take a break for a bit and play that game... then come back to OW when you're good and fresh and then just alternate between the 2. You don't have to "main" a game, and in fact, there are studies showing that working on two tasks in intervals helps you learn each one more quickly.
Bro just stop playing comp for a while lol
02/19/2018 07:48 PMPosted by Terry
That wont solve anything. The problem will be still here waiting for him when he gets back.
Leave for a month or two and try again. I was forced to do so last year and it helped a lot once I came back. I think I'll probably need a break again soon.
02/19/2018 07:52 PMPosted by Cujo
That wont solve anything. The problem will be still here waiting for him when he gets back.

It'll reset his mindset so he can go back in after a while and play less angrily. You can't solve your team's ignorance, it's a problem that will be there forever due to how the game works.

It's the same way in arcade and QP though man. The typical party I'm running into is like 4 DPS and a Zenyatta.
Great idea but when I come back I will load a game up to see 4 to 5 DPS and I will break my controller, and yes I'm a Console player. PS4 to be exact
I say I’m leaving overwatch, and I get downvoted by everyone. This guy does it and everyone agrees wtf?
Leave and dont come back. Or just come again 6 months later just to see how much worse a game can be. With this rate, comp will be as serious as lucioball before we hit 2019.
02/19/2018 08:06 PMPosted by PepeTheLucio
I say I’m leaving overwatch, and I get downvoted by everyone. This guy does it and everyone agrees wtf?

Perhaps if you had a pair of shoes everyone would like you more.
02/19/2018 08:09 PMPosted by Killbill
Leave and dont come back. Or just come again 6 months later just to see how much worse a game can be. With this rate, comp will be as serious as lucioball before we hit 2019.
At this rate it will only get worst........
02/19/2018 08:11 PMPosted by DrTechFreak
they are only interested for the events and the cosmetics that keep casuals around. It needs groundbreaking changes but devs dont really see a problem. Sad... Very sad.
the problem with overwatch is that how the system in place works it promotes, essentially, near identical teams fighting each other. Pros know this which is why when dive comp was a thing the enemy teams nearly looked identical. Cus dive countered dive.

Essentially the same thing happens here. No hard counters creates this situation, and when hard counters do ever happen. it'll be mirror teams fighting each other.
Blizzard needs to create a !@#$ ton of characters, and implement a character banning system for comp.
02/19/2018 08:06 PMPosted by PepeTheLucio

I think it was the "please read" in the title of his post... it just screamed of someone who just wanted to hear some encouragement.

I don't know what the case was with your post... but a lot of posts of this nature just end up being large walls of bile with nothing but "I hate this game, I hate the players, good riddance, blah blah" which I admit I thought this post would be.
02/19/2018 08:11 PMPosted by DrTechFreak

Bro up with some bros. Find a forum or reddit for people who want to premake comp groups and just only play with them.
This game is designed to frustrate you

Everyone has the exact same experience. From the streams, to youtube, to the forums, and people you talk to, everyone deals with all the same garbage, because the way the game is made makes people like this.
02/19/2018 08:54 PMPosted by Evilroy
Bro up with some bros.

lol'd
02/19/2018 08:56 PMPosted by Ralhern
This game is designed to frustrate you

Everyone has the exact same experience. From the streams, to youtube, to the forums, and people you talk to, everyone deals with all the same garbage, because the way the game is made makes people like this.

i can agree to that. I still remember Magikarpusedsplash, a youtuber, complaining that overwatch just got him and his friends pissed at each other. So he went back to playing league and !@#$.
I should go back to playing league too, honestly. It makes me happy to play it. Dont know why tho
there is a good chance that if Blizzard doesn't introduce a role select in the near future and i mean sometime mid this year, i can't see myself playing this game.

in the 3-4 matches i do a day i usually have to either play tank/support or force someone to do so or gamble with the team comp we get.

there are days when i want to just tank or support but when you are forced into those roles the game feels like !@#$.