Mercy op in console

General Discussion
The only reason mercy is op in console isn’t cause her kit is overpowered it’s cause no one targets the mercy so she does whatever she wants while she heals and her team get ult
Mercy is op because your team doesn't focus her? Even after having my guts spilled onto the floor I still get focused constantly.
How do we like, solve this dude?
Maybe it’s not the hero being op, maybe you’re just bad
Oh please I get focused and killed so hard its not even worh my time
She's fine and still as boring as ever. You're team just sucks.
02/20/2018 09:57 AMPosted by Darthvader
The only reason mercy is op in console isn’t cause her kit is overpowered it’s cause no one targets the mercy so she does whatever she wants while she heals and her team get ult

I play on Xbox myself and I feel Mercy's fine. Granted in the right hands she can feel OP, but to be honest, that's true with any hero. I've been stomped by many heroes that I'm rubbish with. From what you mentioned, it sounds like you may solo queue. The easy answer would be to pair up with some buds and you guys can co-ordinate your attacks on her. That being said, it's not always easy to get others online to play with you as everyone has different schedules and ect. There's apps and stuff online that you can use to find others to play with as a team. If that's not up your alley though, then just try the best your can. It's a team effort, and if you're team's not taking care of what you think needs to be done, politely let them know.
02/20/2018 09:58 AMPosted by Bex
Mercy is op because your team doesn't focus her? Even after having my guts spilled onto the floor I still get focused constantly.

That means that Mercy isn't OP, teamwork is OP and poor teamwork is underpowered\detrimental to success. I'll agree with that premise.
This is a case of you needing to gitgud
I’m focusing her it’s the rest of my teams that I have that constantly just shoot the hero she’s healing
I get focused like no tomorrow when I play Mercy on PS4. Almost like they have personal vendettas.
Mercy is fine on console, I just don't really know what your ult is good for, you can chain heal which is nice but i feel Zen is much better for that idk
The only time its hard to kill a Mercy in all honesty (I'm a tracer GM so trust me I know the struggles peeps)

Is when the entire enemy team does everything in their power to protect their Mercy, and that only happens when:

1. The Mercy is in a duo or stack, an they tell that person(s) needs help an that person is actually ABLE to help the Mercy.
2. The enemy team has insane game sense and awareness to protect the Mercy without being told by the Mercy they need help.

^ Both of which aren't THAT uncommon. So other then that, you should be able to kill the Mercy if you an your team have the slightest bit of sense to focus her.
Merry is slightly better on console, she’s always been, but it’s hardly worth making a fuss over. Especially when heroes like Ana & Widow have a 5% lower winrate and half the pickrate on console.
02/20/2018 11:36 AMPosted by Darthvader
I’m focusing her it’s the rest of my teams that I have that constantly just shoot the hero she’s healing

I fail to see how that makes it a problem with Mercy rather than your team.
But mercy isn't op on console... at least not in my opinion
Honestly I agree. I main Mercy on my console account but I've also been on the receiving end of Valkyrie, and I think it needs a platform specific nerf.

It's easy to say "just shoot her", "just focus her" etc but when she's flying around freely and has constant regen, it's a bit unrealistic to be able to take her down when you're using toggle sticks instead of a mouse.

I think something should be done to decrease her survivability in Valkyrie, or make her an easier target.
It's not that she isn't focused down, it's that with it being harder to aim on console a character that doesn't require aim will always outshine those that do, especially when that character has high mobility. Why do you think her stats are still good in low ELO PC?

This by no means she needs nerfs, it's just the explanation of why she's still strong on console despite being awful in PC Pro play