02/14/2018 12:31 PMPosted by Merren
Just a list of tanks with HP after a full RF charge:

D.Va in mech - 120
Reinhardt - 20
Orisa - dead
Roadhog - 120
Winston - 20
Zarya - dead

Using Rapid Fire with the disengage ability will be an interesting combo. Especially against shielded Bastions. Wall climb, leap, rapid fire. He's going to be a beast. Dare I say, Hanzo just might make a decent shield breaker now, too.

At least the damage being spread over 2 seconds, tanks will have a chance to react with a shield/barrier/matrix etc.
What problem do you have with "one hit kill" skills??? You nerfed Roadhog's shot damage because the cry of the community. It's frustating to hook a enemy at you and receive a counter shot in the middle of your face!!! You're killing the game, making every single hero so similar. Won't you percept that what you're doing is just increasing firerate and reducing damage? Why don't you give a submachine-gun to everyone and "let's the battle begins" cause it is the same thing. You're removing what makes each hero unique/special: Mercy Rez, Reaper's Orbs, Defense Matrix of D.va, no problem... Now she has missiles (irony). And now you're taking away the habiliy of a Hanzo killing a freaking Tracer or Genji and to "compensate" giving him a "jump"! Seriously? Why everyone has to jump? I'm thinking that you're really considering Torb wallclimbing. I really loved the game the way it was before, a time when "heroes never die" made some sense...
02/15/2018 10:37 AMPosted by Djinn
Hanzo has probably the fastest projectile primary fire in the game.
Not even close. That honor belongs to Zenyatta's Orbs of Discord and Orbs of Harmony. If you just mean the skillshots, then Mei's icicle is faster.
Everything sounds fun so far but when I remind myself about other reworks, I'm still worring about Hanzo anyway. Hope it will end better.
02/15/2018 09:29 PMPosted by FrostAdept
02/15/2018 10:37 AMPosted by Djinn
Hanzo has probably the fastest projectile primary fire in the game.
Not even close. That honor belongs to Zenyatta's Orbs of Discord and Orbs of Harmony. If you just mean the skillshots, then Mei's icicle is faster.
Those aren't projectiles.
02/16/2018 03:54 AMPosted by Spolsky
Everything sounds fun so far but when I remind myself about other reworks, I'm still worring about Hanzo anyway. Hope it will end better.

Hanzo's current issue is that at the range where his bow becomes effective, he's vulnerable to fast, close range characters. The devs' solution is to give him an escape ability so that he can leap away from danger. The logic is sound and straightforward, so unless they botch the implementation, it should work pretty well.
02/15/2018 10:22 AMPosted by Ryzik
02/15/2018 10:17 AMPosted by Sageshift
Why not just have a ricochete arrow? Works like scatter except have it just be one that can bounce around like moira's orb can until it rechese its end time of durration or strikes a target.

Because that would be a terrible ability.

how so?
2 seconds is long time for fps game.

he turns to reaper(280 dps) to 6(80*3 in 1 sec) second. that's all.
Its debuff.
With volley, Hanzo looks like soldier76 or mcree but but cant deliver dmg like them because aorrow is projectile.
Also his posiotion would be more obscure. Cant assasinate, cant deliver dmg comparethan mc, soldier.
Also more diffilcut to play but his role is vague.

Im sure it will go bad and everybody will throw hanzo.
Hey Blizz since he's gonna be meta and get more play could you make his sonic arrow more visible. It's hard to catch and there's not much counter play to it if yoiu dont see it on cast
Dunno if it's been said already, but I thought it would be neat if he got an explosive arrow. It can still head shot, and normally it would deal 120dmg with damage fall off like Junk's mines. Once it hits, it would take a second or so before it blows up. It can be stuck to enemies so if they panic and run into the direction of a teammate, they can take damage too.
Something I would like to see - if not on Hanzo, then on a new hero - would be a smoke bomb.
You shoot, drop, or throw a smoke, it removes visibility within an area. Hanzo can use sonic arrow giving your team sight into it, or Widowmaker could use her ultimate in conjunction with the smoke.
Fairly passive ability, highly defensive and tactical, and wouldn't feel like a nerf so much as a style change.
My opinion on scatter would be to keep it, but just reduce the damage capable.
EDIT: I have no idea if anyone else has suggested this or not.
If Implemented on Hanzo, perhaps put down as right-mouse button click.
02/14/2018 12:00 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman
02/14/2018 11:45 AMPosted by Equinox
I really like the abilities Jeff mentioned in the recent dev update (30 min ago). One where Hanzo leaps in a direction (hopefully in the air, a backflip, and not just a dash forward like McCree's Roll) and another where he is able to rapidly fire 5 arrows. I feel like it would combo nicely.

The way we have his leap working right now in our internal builds is that its a double-jump, much like his brother, but with a couple key differences. Firstly, it is mostly a horizontal leap (and its pretty fast), unlike Genji's vertical leap. Secondly, it has a small cooldown, which is necessary considering the amount of mobility it gives Hanzo now. Also, to clarify, you will leap towards the direction you are pressing, not the direction you are facing. This is the exact same control scheme we use for Tracer's blinks, so think of it like that.

For his new ability called Volley, we're still iterating on it. For example, we've already changed the numbers of arrows fired from 5 to 6 and lowered the damage per arrow. Currently it lasts up to 6 seconds, and allows you to fire about 3 arrows per second (up to 6 total). Each arrow fires at "full power" but deals only 80 damage (instead of his normal 125). There is no charge time while in this mode, if you hold the button down you will fire the arrows in a full-auto mode.

This has been really fun so far in playtests. He has a lot more options during combat now, and deciding how and when to use your Lunge ability is really interesting. You can use both ability to leap around a corner and fire a bunch of arrows into a key target, but then you're leaving yourself really open to counter attack. You can also save Lunge when you know there is an enemy Winston looking to jump on you to make a quick leap back while firing tons of arrows into him and his barrier.

Are his arrow hitboxes still the size of logs?
i would rather to have a skill that allow 5~6 arrows shot at the same time.
In that case, anyone close by to him will be hit hard... good defense skill.

also, when he shoot medium range target, the multiple arrows "fan out" can have multiple headshot at the same time....
I generally don't like stop action type abilities that stun or freeze characters in online play. I came from Quake so anything which stops the action, I don't like, it's just innate in my FPS style, but I'm open-minded to try out any new abilities with Hanzo on PTR and see what works best.

I've been waiting for a Hanzo rework ever since I started playing last year, so I can start playing him more. It just felt wrong with scatterarrow. I main Zarya too and I hated being one shot by scatter so using it felt weird too.

This new ability seems to do the same kind of damage, however it requires body/headshots which make a lot more sense imo.