The Ability that could replace scatter arrow

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 12 Next
02/14/2018 02:17 PMPosted by SteamPunk
02/14/2018 12:00 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman
The way we have his leap working right now in our internal builds is that its a double-jump, much like his brother

Please no more double jump cancer
It sounds like it's activated in the same way as double jump, but it's more like Tracer's Blink than an actual double jump, and it will have a CD. So we won't be getting double jumping Hanzos everywhere.
that actually sounds pretty awesome
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Yes he isn't really 'channeling' it, it just changes his weapon's fire mode for that time. You can even fire a Sonic Arrow as one of your 6 shots if you want.
someone plz post a video about this i cant tell if its good or not

i can link you a video of "something very similar" of a character of other game, but im afraid of the consecuences.Just google it.You will find it quickly.i think thats more or less the idea they have in mind.Not 100 % secure , of course.
To be honest, i think is a good idea, but im a little bit scared of 6 rapid arrows that can crit...
02/14/2018 02:21 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman
02/14/2018 01:59 PMPosted by lonly
will hanzo be mobile during that 6 second of channeling the volley?

Yes he isn't really 'channeling' it, it just changes his weapon's fire mode for that time. You can even fire a Sonic Arrow as one of your 6 shots if you want.

can the ability be interrupted by stun? or is it like tactic visor, continue after the stun? And the "transformation" is not affected by wall climb?
02/14/2018 11:49 AMPosted by Karahtar
I still feel that what he needs is an aoe arrow. An arrow that will make an area untransitable by enemies, forcing them to take the path that takes them to the front of his los.
Something like leaving patches of fire that deal high rapid damage when stepping through it.
02/14/2018 11:42 AMPosted by Phantombit
Charged Arrow: Arrow shoots out delivering a highvoltage shock to whoever or whatever it impacts.

Or an electric arrow that shocks the affected ground and stuns anyone trying to move through it.

I think a fire aoe arrow would be fit. A dragon fire projectile falls and burn the are. Very good counter to shield + dps combos. And controversty is Moria and Lucio
Are you rooted during duration and if so how long after before you can move?
02/14/2018 11:45 AMPosted by Equinox
I really like the abilities Jeff mentioned in the recent dev update (30 min ago). One where Hanzo leaps in a direction (hopefully in the air, a backflip, and not just a dash forward like McCree's Roll) and another where he is able to rapidly fire 5 arrows. I feel like it would combo nicely.

The way we have his leap working right now in our internal builds is that its a double-jump, much like his brother, but with a couple key differences. Firstly, it is mostly a horizontal leap (and its pretty fast), unlike Genji's vertical leap. Secondly, it has a small cooldown, which is necessary considering the amount of mobility it gives Hanzo now. Also, to clarify, you will leap towards the direction you are pressing, not the direction you are facing. This is the exact same control scheme we use for Tracer's blinks, so think of it like that.

For his new ability called Volley, we're still iterating on it. For example, we've already changed the numbers of arrows fired from 5 to 6 and lowered the damage per arrow. Currently it lasts up to 6 seconds, and allows you to fire about 3 arrows per second (up to 6 total). Each arrow fires at "full power" but deals only 80 damage (instead of his normal 125). There is no charge time while in this mode, if you hold the button down you will fire the arrows in a full-auto mode.

This has been really fun so far in playtests. He has a lot more options during combat now, and deciding how and when to use your Lunge ability is really interesting. You can use both ability to leap around a corner and fire a bunch of arrows into a key target, but then you're leaving yourself really open to counter attack. You can also save Lunge when you know there is an enemy Winston looking to jump on you to make a quick leap back while firing tons of arrows into him and his barrier.

Will there be any visual or audio cues that he is using the ability? (Other than hearing and seeing his normal attack in quick succession)

That was my biggest issue with Scatter, my post can be seen here if anyone cares:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760678711

For his new ability called Volley, we're still iterating on it. For example, we've already changed the numbers of arrows fired from 5 to 6 and lowered the damage per arrow. Currently it lasts up to 6 seconds, and allows you to fire about 3 arrows per second (up to 6 total). Each arrow fires at "full power" but deals only 80 damage (instead of his normal 125). There is no charge time while in this mode, if you hold the button down you will fire the arrows in a full-auto mode.

[/quote]

So you need at least one headshot to deal with a 250 Hp hero or one thats buff with Torbjorn' scraps or Symmetra's shield. I like how this will help good Hanzo stand out more.

Good job to Geoff and the team.
While I do not Hanzo (I think I have 0 play time in quick play), I want to thank the developers for the more open communication being provided here on their thoughts on him, and hope we'll get more of the same for the eventual Symmetra and Torbjörn changes (and future ones too).
So Volley still can destroy Zarya and Orisa. But it will do so during ~2 seconds instead of single moment.

It is also will be great against Symmetra's TP/Shieldgen and Torb's turret. Hope these two heroes will get something really cool and powerfull.
02/14/2018 02:17 PMPosted by Alhaitham
02/14/2018 01:00 PMPosted by OminousPoppy
these changes sound terrible. thanks for ruining my day as a hanzo main.
They can headshot

And WITHOUT headshots they do 480 ,Wit

This ability has the potential to do 960 damage

And that's not even considering something like a mercy damage boost ,Which makes it able to do 1248...

Yes ,I know realistically you will never land them all as headshots, But just think about it's potential here.

Hahaha, that means it has the potential to kill two or three Orisas. Awesome!!!! I’m excited for the movement plus raw damage.
so people complained that hanzo is too "spammy" with his shots, and then the devs give him a full-auto rapid fire? how is that any less spammy? people will still complain. epic fail, blizz
Maybe an explosive arrow, similar to Tracer's bomb but less damage?
What if each arrow from scatter arrow shot would deal damage based on the hit angle?
This sounds incredibly OP lol
02/14/2018 02:44 PMPosted by OminousPoppy
so people complained that hanzo is too "spammy" with his shots, and then the devs give him a full-auto rapid fire? how is that any less spammy? people will still complain. epic fail, blizz

name one hero w/ guns that is not spammy?
02/14/2018 02:49 PMPosted by modapoda
Maybe an explosive arrow, similar to Tracer's bomb but less damage?

that was my idea, an air-burst grenade type arrow with explosive aoe that hanzo can detonate with a second click or button press near enemies to finish them off without having "perfect" aim. add this as a 3rd arrow type to the r key and reduce scatter damage to 250.
02/14/2018 02:50 PMPosted by lonly
02/14/2018 02:44 PMPosted by OminousPoppy

name one hero w/ guns that is not spammy?

so then why do people complain that hanzo, specifically, is spammy? i never said he was, other people do. i'm a hanzo main and i think he's totally fine as-is.
Cool changes, but they basically make Hanzo into a projectile version of McCree. Hanzo’s double jump is like roll, and volley is like fan the hammer.

The way we have his leap working right now in our internal builds is that its a double-jump, much like his brother, but with a couple key differences. Firstly, it is mostly a horizontal leap (and its pretty fast), unlike Genji's vertical leap. Secondly, it has a small cooldown, which is necessary considering the amount of mobility it gives Hanzo now. Also, to clarify, you will leap towards the direction you are pressing, not the direction you are facing. This is the exact same control scheme we use for Tracer's blinks, so think of it like that.

This has been really fun so far in playtests. He has a lot more options during combat now, and deciding how and when to use your Lunge ability is really interesting. You can use both ability to leap around a corner and fire a bunch of arrows into a key target, but then you're leaving yourself really open to counter attack. You can also save Lunge when you know there is an enemy Winston looking to jump on you to make a quick leap back while firing tons of arrows into him and his barrier.

I was thinking about an ability that allows Hanzo to shoot more than one arrow at a time in a horizontal spread. Think Genji's secondary fire, but with two arrows instead of three. Having three would be overkill.