Sombra Hack duration

PTR Feedback
Duration on hack feels very long considering how "easy" it is to land now with 0.65 sec cast time.
6 Second lasting time is VERY long and I'm considered "doomed" as Pharrah, Doomfist, Reinhardt to just say a few I've tested so far.

"If I'm hacked I'm dead, shouldn't be the case"
Tell that to Tracer players.
Doomfist is supposed to be countered by Sombra;
Reinhardt should presumably have a backline that could protect him, given that there is a small window of opportunity before she gets to use it after the delay from Stealth, unless she's positioned extremely well then she wouldn't be able to get hack off on Reinhardt given that if she's not on high ground, the hack would need to be made from behind his shield, behind enemy lines, where the backline could at least hit her with so much as one D.Va pellet to stop the hack. If anything hack could use a reduction in distance it reaches, but then it becomes almost unusable. I think the more important question in this ordeal is that Reinhardt could use a little love. Something to increase his quality of life in a time where he's turned into a character dictated by needing a Zarya to play with him.
Pharah- I can agree it tough for Pharah, being that she could be above an empty pit when she gets hacked, but that could almost be related to trying to fight around an edge when Lucio is around and getting booped off the map. If Lucio can just get a free kill by you being in the general vicinity of the well on Ilios, then shouldn't Sombra be able to get a kill on Pharah for her being positioned off the edge of the map when she's going against a Sombra. It creates an area that is dangerous to Pharah when Sombra is on the enemy team where previously she was the only character that could safely hover outside the general playing surface of the map. Her positioning is just affected more than anything, which for a character as powerful as she is, isn't necessarily a bad thing to have an option to use as the enemy.

Do I hate it as a Pharah player, yeah, absolutely, but I can definitely see why it's not necessarily an unfair change to the whole thing. Sombra lost the best way for her to get EMP, but this lets her be stronger more often.
If you can't aim as Sombra Genji/Tracer/Moira will survive the hack. If you can aim, well - hack should be a good ability, just like other abilities in this game.
02/14/2018 03:44 PMPosted by Sombra
If you can't aim as Sombra Genji/Tracer/Moira will survive the hack. If you can aim, well - hack should be a good ability, just like other abilities in this game.

you know there are 5 other people in your team?

I dont think 6 sec is too long. I just thing every 8 sec hacking someone for 6 sec is to strong.
so either longer cooldown or shorter duration.
It's about as long as Ana's sleep dart, and honestly probably about the same as far as strength goes.

6 Seconds is an eternity, but there are so many things that can kill me in the time it takes to hack, I'm sort of glad I'm hacked and not dead. It's hard to gauge how strong it is, honestly.
02/14/2018 01:54 PMPosted by BirdPerson
Duration on hack feels very long considering how "easy" it is to land now with 0.65 sec cast time.
6 Second lasting time is VERY long and I'm considered "doomed" as Pharrah, Doomfist, Reinhardt to just say a few I've tested so far.

"If I'm hacked I'm dead, shouldn't be the case"

How did you get hacked as Reinhardt? You should be at the frontline and if a Sombra successfully hacks you as Reinhardt and isn't killed by your team or at the very least stop the hack, then that's more on your team sucking than anything else.

As for Pharah, if hacked in the air, then the Sombra obviously used her translocator to get that high to get that hack off. That means she is vulnerable and can't jump out of thre
Add lucio to the list of potatoes when hacked
02/14/2018 04:25 PMPosted by Katai
It's about as long as Ana's sleep dart, and honestly probably about the same as far as strength goes.

6 Seconds is an eternity, but there are so many things that can kill me in the time it takes to hack, I'm sort of glad I'm hacked and not dead. It's hard to gauge how strong it is, honestly.

Yeah sure it can be compared to Sleep Dart, but I don't know. It doesn't feel as terrible when you're getting sleeped, cause you know you could've "dodged" it. As Mercy for example, the only way to "dodge" a hack is to bring out the gun and hit Sombra to interrupt it, within 0.65sec..

When you are hacked you feel kind of "naked" as well, it's like my attitude becomes "Ok I'm dead", it's a terrible feeling. It actually feels better to die from a Widowmaker headshot than being hacked, and that's very weird. It's pretty much the same feeling as Mercy pre-change, where you went into "hiding mode". It's worse for some characters than others, for example Reinhardt and Doomfist is one you feel "gimped" as, but as McCree it doesn't matter that much.