Scatter Arrow Replacements

General Discussion
Hello guys, I just wrote out a long forum post and waited like 20 mins and it hasn't shown up so I guess i gotta rewrite it. This post is in regards to the Dev Update. I may not go super in detail because I don't wanna rewrite all of it again but these are some Ideas I had.

Edit: 3rd time trying to write this. Probably had something to do with sourcing another game to explain the skillchecks. Hopefully this goes through now since I'm not stating another game in this post.

1. Homing Arrow - The arrow homes onto one enemy and only hits a body shot. Unless they introduce a skill check system which will reward the player for releasing the shot at the correct moment to get a headshot. Up close in a fight it would be too dangerous to go for this skillcheck but at long range he can really focus on hitting the skillcheck. This removes the ability to nearly kill tanks with the one arrow and instead reward difficult skillchecks with a headshot on the homed enemy.

2. Explosive arrow - This arrow when shot will attach to whatever it hits. Walls, Enemies, the payload, ect. Hanzo can hold up to 3 explosive arrows and can detonate them with the R key.

3. Tripwire/Netshot - For the tripwire Hanzo will shot an arrow at 2 locations which will then connect with a trip wire. In order to destroy the tripwire the enemies have to shoot both sides at the same time. When destroyed the ability goes on cooldown. If the wire is tripped the enemies in its radius gets slowed drastically. If the wire is tripped and not destroyed then there is no cooldown.
For the Netshot, instead of the aoe tripwire he can netshot one enemy and slow them drastically.

4. Grappling Hook - Different from Widows Grappling Hook. Unlike Widows Grappling Hook, Hanzo's will allow him to stick to the wall of the location it is shot. This will give Hanzo unexpected vantage points to shoot down on the enemies in places they least expect it. This will open up many high ground sniping positions that otherwise wouldn't be possible. A stealthy sniper lurking above.

let me know what you guys think =)
Gonna add a few more ideas =)

5. Smoke shot - Hanzo shoots an arrow that spews out smoke in the surrounding area when made contact. This arrow can be shot at the ground, at walls, or even at an enemy to give them a really bad few seconds of blindness.

6. Serpents venom - Hanzo shoots an arrow that effects enemies in weird ways, First they get a visual queue like a green tint over their screen and then their controls get inverted for a given amount of time. Left is right, right is left, Up is down, and down is up. Aiming stays the same to defend but this should really mess up the tanks at defending the team. I can only imagine the recordings of people walking off ledges to their death XD

7. Smoke Bomb - Unlike the smoke shot Hanzo throws a bomb at his feet that explodes on impact. He then goes into invisibility and leaves a cloud of smoke in that area. This can be used to not only smoke off areas like the smoke shot but also as an escape. Hanzo can not shoot to come out of invisibility, he must wait until the invisibility wears off. This will give the ninja like effect you see most ninjas do in the movies.

8. Flame arrow - This arrow will do damage to an enemy on impact and also leave a trail of flames on the floor by the impact. The flames is an aoe damage over time effect. The arrows can be shot at the floor directly as well. Its not meant to do a ton of damage, more so just add some pressure at the chokes.

9. Shadow Dagger - Hanzo lunges a very short distance with a dagger towards an enemy. If the enemy is hit with the shadow dagger darkness overwhelms that enemy. Its like a flashbang but opposite, Instead of blinding people the screen gets dark. This can be used to escape or used to take on an enemy at close range which is something Hanzo lacks right now.

10. Disengage - An arrow with knockback capability. If the Enemy gets knocked into a wall they get stunned and can be followed up with another normal arrow.
I like Disengage and Explosive Arrow best.

Not much needs to be said about Disengage, as it is pretty solid. Cassie from Paladins has this ability for the same function you describe, and she is similar to Hanzo (Yes, Sha Lin is closer).

I would love to see an area control/denial type hero with self-detonating proximity explosives. Another set of triggered explosives does not work, since that is basically Junkrat all over again. Direct hits could cause bonus damage for an instant explosion or be attached to a fixed surface as a trap. I would even say that this could replace Sonic Arrow, and not because Sonic Arrow is bad, but because it makes Widowmaker's ultimate look useless by comparison. Explosive Arrow would better cement Hanzo as a "Defense" hero, since his primary fire spam could cover entry points and Explosive Arrow could alert him to attackers from other angles.

I would like to see his kit be Storm Bow for primary damage output and spam fire, Explosive Arrow for area denial/control, and Rapid-Fire Arrows to finish off low health or quick moving targets.
02/14/2018 04:13 PMPosted by Sutekh77
I like Disengage and Explosive Arrow best.

Not much needs to be said about Disengage, as it is pretty solid. Cassie from Paladins has this ability for the same function you describe, and she is similar to Hanzo (Yes, Sha Lin is closer).

I would love to see an area control/denial type hero with self-detonating proximity explosives. Another set of triggered explosives does not work, since that is basically Junkrat all over again. Direct hits could cause bonus damage for an instant explosion or be attached to a fixed surface as a trap. I would even say that this could replace Sonic Arrow, and not because Sonic Arrow is bad, but because it makes Widowmaker's ultimate look useless by comparison. Explosive Arrow would better cement Hanzo as a "Defense" hero, since his primary fire spam could cover entry points and Explosive Arrow could alert him to attackers from other angles.

I would like to see his kit be Storm Bow for primary damage output and spam fire, Explosive Arrow for area denial/control, and Rapid-Fire Arrows to finish off low health or quick moving targets.

I'm surprised you like those the most, I personally love the grappling hook idea, its my favorite on this list =D