what's the counterplay to hack

General Discussion
hack is now one of the best abilities in the game. good for sombra, she deserved it.

but hack's new cast time way too fast for a normal human being to react to it unless they are looking directly at sombra when she hacks them. in fact, sombra could be in my peripheral vision and get the hack off before I can line up my crosshair on her.

i'm worried that this might make her too frustrating to play against due to its lack of counterplay. what's anti-sombra?
I haven't had a chance to play against PTR Sombra outside of me also being Sombra, but on paper:

- D.Va because she can spam pellets due to infinite ammo and cancel her hack (but you're kinda screwed against EMP)
- Moira because she has an aim assist (soft lockon) with infinite ammo to cancel Hack (and can Fade to avoid beig Hacked or even EMP'd)
- Rein and Winston funnily enough if you can flick/place your shield fast enough to cancel her hack (or tickle her with your Tesla Cannon to deny her both Stealth and Hack)
the new hack is literally only 150ms faster than the old one, I can't see how that makes such a noticeable difference
02/14/2018 06:12 PMPosted by Skyfoogle
what's anti-sombra?

Situational awareness + LMB
It may sound wired but if sombra is hacking from behind torb turret can interrupt it, but torb turret sucks so it hardly counts, and it doesn't work if you switch to torb after the first fight
Average human reaction time for sight is 0.25 seconds. Saying it's too fast for a normal human to react to is simply not true.

In regards to Sombra counters, Winston and Moira could probably handle her pretty well.
Group up with your teammates. Even if you can't shoot at her when she pops up, your other teammates might be able to. You'll also be harder to kill if you're with your teammates.

Play heroes that aren't dependent on their abilities to win duels or have an impact in fights, like Soldier, McCree, and Junkrat. Even if you get hacked, you'll be able to help your team.

Sombra still has counters, such as Winston and Junkrat. They are able to output damage in a large area to prevent her from hacking or using stealth and/or can CC her to prevent her from Translocating away. With the upcoming changes, Mei might be added to that list as well, as her freeze can be applied liberally to stop a hack, and Sombra MUST Translocate out if Mei starts freezing her or she'll die.
Just click on her head LOLLLLL
She'll become "oppressive".

Well done Blizzard.
02/14/2018 06:17 PMPosted by VitamiX
the new hack is literally only 150ms faster than the old one, I can't see how that makes such a noticeable difference

So pretty much our ping when us Oceanic players get thrown onto US servers lol
Turn around and shoot her in the face

Boom. Hack countered.
Pray

(or shoot at her)
McCree, doesn't matter if you're hacked, just blow her head off as you would normally.
02/14/2018 06:25 PMPosted by Restonance
Average human reaction time for sight is 0.25 seconds. Saying it's too fast for a normal human to react to is simply not true.

that's sight alone. how fast do your muscles react and how fast will you be able to precisely line up a shot on her to interrupt it?
awareness and shooting from a distance. team support
zarya bubbles can be good vs a single hack

also if you anticipate an incoming emp and use bubble only the zarya bubble wll be effected not the shields
ANOTHER HACK ._.
The counter play is likely teamwork at higher skill levels/coordination where the entire team works to deal with her kinda like Spy in TF2 and at lower skill levels/coordination it'll be the fact that the other team has a Sombra as she's probably not going to be that great at killing things and team coordination probably won't capitalize well on the Sombra's efforts.

I'm not saying it'll be fun but, I doubt it'll be a total stomp but, my PTR dl isn't done yet so grain of salt.