what's the counterplay to hack

General Discussion
1 stray pellet
02/14/2018 06:15 PMPosted by Skrimiche
- Rein and Winston funnily enough if you can flick/place your shield fast enough to cancel her hack (or tickle her with your Tesla Cannon to deny her both Stealth and Hack)

Bold strategy, Cotton. However, server latency will mean you will be hacked through your shield because the server thinks you didn't get the barrier up in time.
02/14/2018 06:55 PMPosted by Chess
The counter play is likely teamwork at higher skill levels/coordination where the entire team works to deal with her

So exactly like Pharmercy then?

Pharmercy destroyed lower elos but the higher you go the better the hitscans to counter her are. Then why is Sombra getting the ability to counter-play a Pharah when your response is that it's OK for high-elos to counter it via teamwork.

Something doesn't add up...
The counter is to complain in the forums until is nerfed to the ground
From experience Hanzo is her biggest counter. Sonic arrow limits her approach optionso, since invisibility won't work. Hacking Hanzo is pointless because he can preload arrows and hack won't remove them. Besides that he has high burst dmg and removes you instantly with a headshot.
02/14/2018 06:27 PMPosted by Cujo
She'll become "oppressive".

Well done Blizzard.

She's not impervious to damage, sorry to break it to you
02/14/2018 07:18 PMPosted by PharahHǝntoi
02/14/2018 06:55 PMPosted by Chess
The counter play is likely teamwork at higher skill levels/coordination where the entire team works to deal with her

So exactly like Pharmercy then?

Pharmercy destroyed lower elos but the higher you go the better the hitscans to counter her are. Then why is Sombra getting the ability to counter-play a Pharah when your response is that it's OK for high-elos to counter it via teamwork.

Something doesn't add up...

I'm trying to saying what I anticipate will happen more than commenting on what is fair or not. Sorry for being unclear.

Sombra shutting down Pharah may not be as easy as people are guessing. Hack has a 15 m range unless that's changed/my memories foggy. If Pharah is actually airborne she may not be in range and if she is within 15m that doesn't mean Sombra's going to get away clean from the hack.
Any dps will still out dps her. Her gun is better at catching stragglers then engaging a fight full on
The counterplay to hack is the same as counterplay to Tracer; don't do it alone. Except sombra is less mobile.
What happened to hack being useless because you can just kill them faster with a different character instead?
02/14/2018 06:17 PMPosted by VitamiX
the new hack is literally only 150ms faster than the old one, I can't see how that makes such a noticeable difference

It does. Played her when this changed slipped on live - worked great. Playing her right now on live - it's impossible to hack someone
02/14/2018 11:08 PMPosted by Cr0ssfad3
What happened to hack being useless because you can just kill them faster with a different character instead?

Because they reduced the cast time which did
a) reduce the time you lose out on damage and
b) made it way more reliable
and as a result it pays off because you now gain time advantage because they become easier to kill.
02/14/2018 11:08 PMPosted by HanzoMaker
02/14/2018 06:17 PMPosted by VitamiX
the new hack is literally only 150ms faster than the old one, I can't see how that makes such a noticeable difference

It does. Played her when this changed slipped on live - worked great. Playing her right now on live - it's impossible to hack someone

I was going though my gameplay videos again to note the time i actually used EMP.

Turns out that most of them were solo ults to help with hack. i.e. solo ult tracer because she's too fast, solo ult roadhog because he keeps interrupting, solo ult junkrat who instantly turns around and throws mines before you can finish, solo ult doomfist who combos faster than you can hack.

I won't miss EMP if i can atleast consistently get a hack in. I'll probably still need to solo ult Tracer tho.

Oh and, solo ult zen, because why not.
You counter hack with your ears. You can hear Hack's startup and immediately flick in her general direction. Of course, this works best with spread weapons that require less precision. A lot of the time however, Sombra deserves that Hack because she outplayed you with her positioning. If she is able to get behind you 100% undetected and get a Hack off, either you were unable to cancel a basic Hack or she outplayed you entirely.
Have they reduced the time delay between sombra having to come out of cloak and sombra being able to use hack? Because otherwise it's "Listen for the sound of a sombra going "HERE I AM!" and then shoot her/melee her/damage her in any way".