Sombra hack inconsistency on passives(Lucio)

PTR Feedback
If hack is primarily being changed to disable movement based passives why does it turn off Lucio's healing aura? I can understand both the wallriding and his speed aura. However it feels like hack disabling healing aura is really an unnecessary punishment that could literally remove any usage of Lucio in the game.

If it's a coding issue where they have to disable both songs in order to get the movement I understand. If not her hack shouldn't disable his healing aura or it should just disable every passive in the game and call it a day. It doesn't need to be overly oppressive on just a few characters.
It disables all abilities Lucio was the only charecter that could still use abilities while hacked, this just bring Lucio in line with other heroes.
02/15/2018 10:15 AMPosted by ClaritySoul
It disables all abilities Lucio was the only charecter that could still use abilities while hacked, this just bring Lucio in line with other heroes.

It worked like that because his healing is basically a passive and not an ability. The ability crossfade is just the option to choose songs, the song itself is a passive aura. This doesn't bring Lucio in line with other heroes, it makes him literally useless if the enemy team has a competent Sombra.
02/15/2018 10:26 AMPosted by Shade

It worked like that because his healing is basically a passive and not an ability. The ability crossfade is just the option to choose songs, the song itself is a passive aura. This doesn't bring Lucio in line with other heroes, it makes him literally useless if the enemy team has a competent Sombra.

He's probably the hardest hit character by hack, Zen when hacked (not EMP'd) at least has damage.
Just blocking the ability to change songs is enough.

It will stick the player with their current song, so make a choice and do it in about 0.5 seconds.

A movement song Lucio who cant heal or wall ride, alone on a payload will die very fast.

A healing song Lucio who cant speed boost or wall ride, alone on a payload will die very fast.

But with these changes, A hacked Lucio is completely 100% useless, unlike every single other character in the game when hacked.

Even tracer can still do like 480DPS while hacked.

Hack should not remove the primary function of a character, thats just dumb really.

Imagine all DPS players losing the ability to use their primary weapons when hacked!!

Thats what removing healing when hacked does to healers!!!

And as mentioned above the only one that is even close is a poor zen player who isnt using his orbs, and so the hack is almost useless on a player like that.
Who cares if you cant toss orbs when you are the type that isnt using them?

If its a player who does use his orbs the hack does nothing to him besides stopping him from switching to heal char for a couple seconds, all the while he is doing 30HPS on his focus target and getting the benefit of his discord for his entire team, while still being able to do huge damage!!!!

I think you can see Zen isnt hit bad by hack to anywhere near the same extent as L-Useless-cio.

Have you played this game before?

Lucio lost all his abilities same as everyone else prior.

Him retaining his passives was no different then say Genji retaining his.

But guess what? Even if these changes go live Genji can still perform at his primary role (DPS), just to a lesser extent.

Lucio loses all ability to do anything beyond super low damage(Not his primary role!!) with a slow projectile.

No character should lose basic function while hacked!

Unless..... Maybe like in tag have a "Cant tag the butcher" rule?

Sombra cant hack the same target twice in a row?!?!?!?!?

Would at least provide windows where Lucio can still be used to some extent.
It s disabling anything that requires a button press. Healing aura requires a button press it s just a constant effect. Same goes for speed
02/15/2018 12:44 PMPosted by Pyrofool
It s disabling anything that requires a button press. Healing aura requires a button press it s just a constant effect. Same goes for speed

Yeah that makes no sense man.

His wall ride is done with his "JUMP BUTTON".

You are saying hacked players cant even jump now?

Every characters primary weapon requires a button press, are those being blocked now too?

The default Aura is healing and requires no button press to activate, only to reactivate once previously swapped.
(I actually turned off toggle in the settings so only speed boost requires a button press :))

Know what does require a button press everytime? Healing/discord orbs!!

But guess what? They arent disabled upon hack, only the ability to move them to a new target.

This is all we ask for Lucio, let him stay on the current song as Zen stays on his currently deployed "passive" orbs.
I think everyone needs to remember that outside of natural shields which regenerate over time, the only hero that can regenerate HP overtime is Mercy. Lucio is not Mercy, and his healing Aura is an ABILITY. Keep in mind, a Hacked Ana cannot use a nade to heal herself when hacked, Zenyatta relies on his shields to regenerate, Moira must attack to heal herself when hacked, Symmetra was never able to heal herself and also relies on shields (then again she's not a healer :P ). So I think the hack on Lucio is actually fine.

If you want the healing Aura remain active, then why not allow the other supports to keep their abilities as well?
02/18/2018 07:55 AMPosted by bizkitNgravy
I think everyone needs to remember that outside of natural shields which regenerate over time, the only hero that can regenerate HP overtime is Mercy. Lucio is not Mercy, and his healing Aura is an ABILITY. Keep in mind, a Hacked Ana cannot use a nade to heal herself when hacked, Zenyatta relies on his shields to regenerate, Moira must attack to heal herself when hacked, Symmetra was never able to heal herself and also relies on shields (then again she's not a healer :P ). So I think the hack on Lucio is actually fine.

If you want the healing Aura remain active, then why not allow the other supports to keep their abilities as well?

So wait, does Mercy lose her healing ability when hacked? Because remember, that passive is an ability. Just like how Lucio's wallride is a passive, along with Genji's double jump, Hanzo's wall climb, and etc.
02/18/2018 07:43 PMPosted by Dorian
02/18/2018 07:55 AMPosted by bizkitNgravy

So wait, does Mercy lose her healing ability when hacked? Because remember, that passive is an ability. Just like how Lucio's wallride is a passive, along with Genji's double jump, Hanzo's wall climb, and etc.

If you removed all abilities from all heroes in the game and jut placed them out there with their weapon and their natural passives, Lucio would not be a healer. He would not have his songs to choose from. Mercy would still heal over time when not taking damage, and Moira wold still be able to attack to regen health. Ana would only be able to heal others, and would be more vulnerable without her grenade. I can agree that wall climb should be left alone as it's just a natural passive from a normal jump, double jump however is not the same.

Mercy's passive to regenerate health over time is not an ability, it's an actual passive.