Is Moira good? I am just starting to play this game.

General Discussion
ManuKesna 7 minutes ago#1
I have been using her and found her pretty good since she does good dmg and can heal. I don’t know the best way to use her ultimate tho.
I did good but maybe because i am playing with low levels that are learning just like me ‍♂
Btw, using a mouse is soo much better and faster than using a control, I am seriously amazed by it.
Yes, Moira is good. Try not to focus too much on damaging though, remember that your primary job is to support your team.
Moira is good. Pretty Easy to use as she doesn't require heavy mechanical aim.

Some tricks you can learn with Moira:

"Fade Jump" you gain very fast movement rate while Fading. There are some places on the map that act like a little ramp and you can Fade+Run+Jump off some of these ramps to get to some high places quickly. Also, can make some really long jumps with this trick too. Youtube has lots of videos just search "Moira Fade Tricks"

Primarly, you should be healing and use your healing orb as often as you can since your healing spray is limited by how much juice you have. Also, don't over heal as when you stop spraying your allies, the healing juice has a lingering effect where it'll still heal them for a couple more seconds after you stop spraying. This helps conserve your healing juice.

As for her Ult. Aside it from being a visual mess (looks like someone took grape and banana Laffy Taffy and had made it shoot out from her hands) it's easy to charge fairly quickly but it's impact isn't super great. It can help you simultaneous save your allies while hurting the enemies and it's good for zoning enemies out of chokes and narrow hallways. It has the same damage as a fully charged Zayra Beam. (aka you can kill a squishy in a couple of seconds)
She's one of only 2 decent supps right now, so yeah shes good.
She's definitely good. One of the strongest healers currently.
02/18/2018 12:22 PMPosted by JadeDragon
"Fade Jump"
wasn't this a bug? i thought they fixed this already :O
02/18/2018 11:56 AMPosted by ManuKesna
ManuKesna 7 minutes ago#1
I have been using her and found her pretty good since she does good dmg and can heal. I don’t know the best way to use her ultimate tho.
I did good but maybe because i am playing with low levels that are learning just like me ‍♂
Btw, using a mouse is soo much better and faster than using a control, I am seriously amazed by it.

The BEST place to use your ult is getting behind your team, healing them while damaging the enemy team. Had a Moira solo Ulting me as a Reinhardt with my shield up. Sure she damaged me through my shield, eventually killing me, but my using my shield against her caused her to use it up on me alone and not damage/heal anyone else, thus wasting her ult for a single kill... (I was giggling the whole time as I walked back from Spawn)

Not a very good tactic. But if you can get behind your team and Heal your teammates WHILE damaging the enemy team, that works really good. Baring that, just go to heal your team so they don't die.

On your orbs, rooms where you can bounce it back and forth are great. If your team doesn't need healing at the moment, and someone like a Roadhog comes in solo, you can mostly eat his lunch with a Damage Orb plus drain. IF however, you r team is getting damaged heavily throw out a Healing Orb that bounces back and forth healing you and your team. It's very situational how and where to use your orbs.
Yes, Moira is good.

Keep an eye on your healing resource and use your M2 to leech more of it when you need to. Supplement your heals with healing orbs so you don't run dry too quickly.

Save Fade for escapes. Don't use it to chase.

Ult is best used when there's a large group of people in a fight together. It will simultaneously heal your allies and damage your enemies. Note that the healing is MUCH stronger than the damage.
It makes Genji and Tracer mains tilt, of course is good.