Team just throws....

Competitive Discussion
team just throws if you dont play what they want. beyond tiring.
ive gotten so sick of this game
my mccree player just will not swap despite being hard countered by orisa, soldier, and dva.

guess ill just keep my mouth shut and lose because were in a 5v6 being forced to win for him, not with him.

maybe he could go reaper? or mei even? literally anything else...

but nope, gotta play hitscan into barrier watch.
>Pick my 72-80% win rate character
>Every single game today people decided to grief me over and over.

Dunno why I even try anymore.
To note though, at least try to ask nicely about that they should swap. Or at least pull back and play less aggressively or position with the team or something.

I mean I'm not proud to admit this but there was a game last season I was playing Tracer and Pharmercy was just destroying me. I was about to swap over to McCree because Pharah needed contesting and I was doing absolutely nothing. I kept on Tracer the entire game though simply because right before I swapped one of my teammates just started swearing at me to swap.

I know there are some that just won't swap or try altering their play style no matter what, but being nice over it will help.
02/18/2018 06:37 PMPosted by BlueFountain
To note though, at least try to ask nicely about that they should swap. Or at least pull back and play less aggressively or position with the team or something.

I mean I'm not proud to admit this but there was a game last season I was playing Tracer and Pharmercy was just destroying me. I was about to swap over to McCree because Pharah needed contesting and I was doing absolutely nothing. I kept on Tracer the entire game though simply because right before I swapped one of my teammates just started swearing at me to swap.

I know there are some that just won't swap or try altering their play style no matter what, but being nice over it will help.

i keep my mouth shut on hero selection screen. i give players the first 2 minutes of a 4 minute push to try whatever it is they think is going to work.

after that i ask nicely for them to swap if i see its not working out or were not making any progress.

im met with silence and continued hero play.

now were 3:10 into the 4min push and now im irkd.

at what point is it intentional feeding for my doomfist to be throwing against the pharah/mercy/roadhog.

like hes been shut down all game and made no contribution, i gave it a chance because we had a zarya but he ults off cooldown and when zarya was smart enough to hold ult until he got his too he didnt use it. its like *sigh* do i want to teach this guy a lesson so he doesn't ruin 15 more games today?
I don't know your exact situation, but Overwatch is about swapping heroes to fit maps, team comps, and counters. If you're not doing that, you're playing at a disadvantage. It doesn't matter if you're an 80% winrate Mccree, if you're getting hard countered and not swapping, you might as well go afk.
That's why people tend to troll and throw. That's why this game will be toxic af until the developers deal with it.
02/18/2018 06:35 PMPosted by Desire
Pick my 72-80% win rate character
>Every single game today people decided to grief me over and over.

This is the problem right here. You're probably a great Genji, but there are going to be games where Genji is a bad pick, doesn't matter what your winrate is. If your team sees this and asks you to swap and you don't, you're just asking for toxicity.
02/18/2018 06:31 PMPosted by ƒudge
my mccree player just will not swap despite being hard countered by orisa, soldier, and dva.

guess ill just keep my mouth shut and lose because were in a 5v6 being forced to win for him, not with him.

maybe he could go reaper? or mei even? literally anything else...

but nope, gotta play hitscan into barrier watch.

If your other DPS is a shield buster Mcree can assist with dropping the barrier with FTH and the put headshots into Orissa and kill her before she gets another barrier up. Her crit hitbox is so big its very easy to hit.

Mcree can also dmech Dva very fast as well due to her matrix being so short now and her critbox being huge. If she is causing problems it does not matter what DPS you play you need something like a Zarya who can hit her while her matrix is up.

Also it's up to your tanks to get the team up past Orisa's barrier for the engagement. She can keep putting down barriers yes but they don't move and you can walk trough them with your own barrier. If that is not happening then it's not the Mcree's fault.

Also what do you think Mei or Reaper could do? Both require getting close to the enemy but as you said they have a Dva and a soldier. Soldier can fire from range at both of them while they fight the tanks or try to dive the back line. If you are not engaging like it sounds like is happening then they will likely have any impact.

You Mcree is not getting shots? maybe the tanks are not making any space for him. Mcree keeps dying. Tanks and healers are not providing cover or healing.

I had one game where I played Mcree to help deal with a flanking Roadhog and a Pharah. I normally play tanks and healers on this account but my team had already picked everything leaving me to pick the second DPS (I know, that never happens). My team were screaming at me to kill the Pharah but I could never keep her in my LOS long enough to kill her. I killed her back at the beginning of the game when she overextended from her team but she played safer after that. Later I would get a few shots on her when she came into los while trying to move in and out of cover. It was however causing her to have to fly away to get healing which kept her at bay. However while I was firing at the Pharah the enemy team would just engage and focus me first. I would die which would allow the Pharah to have free reign. All the while I am sitting in the middle of my team behind our barrier. I can't take position away from my team because I would have had no cover from Pharah and would have also been dived by their Genji at the same time. Same would have gone if I was soldier.

I laid it out straight for my team that I can't deal with the Pharah if the team can't deal with the rest of the team. That they were rolling over me while I was shooting at her. They accused me of having a bad position but I was positioned between the tanks and the healers. It was obvious then that they were just not paying attention to the situation.

However the moral of the story is, stop blaming someone because you 'think' they are not doing their job. Chances are it's actually a problem that stems beyond a single issue. Blaming your team does nothing because it's more then likely you are oblivious to the actual issue at hand. In most cases the person laying blame is the person that is the actual cause of the problem.