Alt-fire for Genji while on ult.

General Discussion
So I just had a thought. How come Genji doesn't have secondary fire while on ult? And more importantly could he? So as I brainstormed a bit I got a few ideas like:
1) Ending your ult early by throwing your sword as it pierces every enemy and barriers (sorta like a Hanzo ult but faster moving and narrower)
2) Doing a small dash before slicing while increasing the cooldown between attacks.
3) And my favorite, make his right click Deflect while on ult. I prefer this option because it's a simple addition while increasing yet another level the skill ceiling of Genji. It also sorta deals with the frustration of having to deflect something while ulting only to have deflect be cancelled when your ult ends. This way your deflect remains off cooldown and you can use it after you finish ulting.

Thoughts?

EDIT: I just wanna clarify the Deflect would work sorta like a DVa DM. You can toggle it with a small CD between each use.
No, Genji already has a TON of animation cancelling.

It's enough he can deflect during his ult while other heroes (Hog) are committed to the timer.
Fair point, but what about the other 2 ideas?
genji needs nerfs, not buffs
Genji's ultimate is already one of the strongest, if not the strongest, ultimate in the game. He doesn't need more added to his ultimate when it already performs exceptionally well, and changing hit kit when ulting anyway would just be more confusing for new players. Ultimates are best when they're sweet and simple, no need to over complicate them.
New Right click ability;

Seppuku

Genji stabs himself with his katana and kills himself, then hes forced to switch heroes and cant play genji for the rest of the match
His ult is already really powerful. He doesn't need another get-out-of-jail card if he messes his ult up or he's about to get killed.
02/18/2018 09:56 PMPosted by Freak
Fair point, but what about the other 2 ideas?

They're okay.

They really need to fix Genji's deflect hitbox before giving him any more abilities.
Wow no one is a fan of fun stuff I see... Are my ideas balanced, perhaps not, but to me they sound like a lot of fun! And not entirely too frustrating to play against. Theoretically of course.
02/18/2018 10:02 PMPosted by Freak
Wow no one is a fan of fun stuff I see... Are my ideas balanced, perhaps not, but to me they sound like a lot of fun! And not entirely too frustrating to play against. Theoretically of course.

No one wants to buff genji is the thing he doesnt need a buff; if he starts underperforming due to hero 27 in a while we can revisit the topic
02/18/2018 09:58 PMPosted by Heavy
Genji's ultimate is already one of the strongest, if not the strongest, ultimate in the game. He doesn't need more added to his ultimate when it already performs exceptionally well, and changing hit kit when ulting anyway would just be more confusing for new players. Ultimates are best when they're sweet and simple, no need to over complicate them.

If you want a simple ult just play S:76. Genji is made to be difficult to play and highly rewarding as well. My idea is just to add more layers of difficulty. You don't HAVE to use the Right-click, but it feels nice to have it there should you need it.
02/18/2018 10:05 PMPosted by Freak
02/18/2018 09:58 PMPosted by Heavy

If you want a simple ult just play S:76. Genji is made to be difficult to play and highly rewarding as well. My idea is just to add more layers of difficulty. You don't HAVE to use the Right-click, but it feels nice to have it there should you need it.
None of your ideas add layers of difficulty. They add layers of power to an already bloated kit.
02/18/2018 10:03 PMPosted by MagyTheMage
No one wants to buff genji is the thing he doesnt need a buff; if he starts underperforming due to hero 27 in a while we can revisit the topic

I am well aware that Genji does not NEED any kind of change. He already has one of the highest play time, good win %, pro level play(unlike symmetra), and he actually feels good to play. Does that mean he shouldn't be changed? Well in a universe where Blizzard has unlimited resources I would say go for it, but I am well aware that changing one of the most popular heroes for no reason whatsoever is gonna take time that could be invested on fixing a hero like Sym. That being said it doesn't change the fact that I think it would be fun for it to be added.
02/18/2018 10:07 PMPosted by AdunSaveMe
02/18/2018 10:05 PMPosted by Freak

None of your ideas add layers of difficulty. They add layers of power to an already bloated kit.

Well I don't see how making him end his ult early would give him more power, it would just give him more versatility. Perhaps even make it as to reduce the range the Ult travels for every second it stays active. Or how could giving him a small dash (like half of Tracer's blink range) while reducing the total DPS of the ult actually make him more powerful? All my ideas just increase the options and versatility without directly increasing his power level.
02/18/2018 10:10 PMPosted by Freak

I am well aware that Genji does not NEED any kind of change. He already has one of the highest play time, good win %, pro level play(unlike symmetra), and he actually feels good to play. Does that mean he shouldn't be changed? Well in a universe where Blizzard has unlimited resources I would say go for it, but I am well aware that changing one of the most popular heroes for no reason whatsoever is gonna take time that could be invested on fixing a hero like Sym. That being said it doesn't change the fact that I think it would be fun for it to be added.

This.

Genji's a C Tier hero in pro play.

Winston has been an A Tier pick for 6 months and was a B Tier pick before that, didn't stop him getting buffed.

Not so fun for the receiving end of his katana.

if he starts underperforming due to hero 27 we might finally have him balanced.. more so if hero 27 also causes Tracer to underperform too.
After all.. underperforming for those heroes would mean, being killable.
02/18/2018 10:30 PMPosted by Scoutaloo

if he starts underperforming due to hero 27 we might finally have him balanced.. more so if hero 27 also causes Tracer to underperform too.
After all.. underperforming for those heroes would mean, being killable.

He's already balanced.
You seem to think versatility isn’t the same and power. Part of the reason why so many of the really weak heroes are so weak is that they fill very specific niches, and even then other heroes can do it better and then some.
Why doesnt Sombra just have a " Kill Everything" button?