Alt-fire for Genji while on ult.

General Discussion
02/18/2018 10:05 PMPosted by Freak
If you want a simple ult just play S:76. Genji is made to be difficult to play and highly rewarding as well. My idea is just to add more layers of difficulty. You don't HAVE to use the Right-click, but it feels nice to have it there should you need it.

All of the ultimates in the game are extremely simple, and that's the charm of Overwatch in general. D.va abandons her meka and let's it self-destruct. Zenyatta enters an invulnerable state and rapidly heals his team. Bastion becomes a tank that fires powerful rockets. All ultimates can have their essential powers described in a quick line. What you're proposing is way too complex for an ultimate. For comparison, I would argue the most complicated ultimate right now is Mercy's Valkyrie, and even that is appropriately summarized as "Mercy's abilities are enhanced and she's given free flight." Even though there's no specific description of how her abilities are enhanced, they simply are, and any player can activate Valkyrie and know how to use it.

Adding versatility and options to a hero is a buff. It is always a buff unless you provide some kind of overall weakness to what it was before. I know PLENTY of Genjis that would love to end their ultimate early and have their shurikens back, and you're also asking that he can do that, and also throw his sword as a projectile to pierce multiple enemies? And he should also do a small dash when slashing, so he has even more range on his attacks? Even though he gets a free dash reset when activating the ultimate and enhanced speed and it's an AOE piercing melee attack? And you want Deflect to run on a DM-like resource when using his ultimate?

I mean I will admit that certainly sounds fun for that one Genji, the same way it's fun to turn on godmode I guess. But try to imagine how unfun that's going to be for people pitted against that. Genji's ultimate is already overbearing, he doesn't need even more power in the form of greater versatility and movement.
02/18/2018 10:03 PMPosted by MagyTheMage
No one wants to buff genji is the thing he doesnt need a buff; if he starts underperforming due to hero 27 in a while we can revisit the topic

Even if that's the case that just means there will finally be an actual reliable counter to Genji.
02/18/2018 10:42 PMPosted by Renegade
02/18/2018 10:03 PMPosted by MagyTheMage
No one wants to buff genji is the thing he doesnt need a buff; if he starts underperforming due to hero 27 in a while we can revisit the topic

Even if that's the case that just means there will finally be an actual reliable counter to Genji.

No there wont. Its going to be Genji / Tracer in the top 6-10% pick rate from here to eternity.
1) Ending your ult early by throwing your sword as it pierces every enemy and barriers (sorta like a Hanzo ult but faster moving and narrower)

i like the first idea.

but only if the enemy gets hold of his sword, they keep it and they can use it against genji.
02/18/2018 10:32 PMPosted by Luca
02/18/2018 10:30 PMPosted by Scoutaloo

if he starts underperforming due to hero 27 we might finally have him balanced.. more so if hero 27 also causes Tracer to underperform too.
After all.. underperforming for those heroes would mean, being killable.

He's already balanced.

Then he doesn't need a buff.
02/18/2018 11:16 PMPosted by Jadall
<span class="truncated">...</span>

He's already balanced.

Then he doesn't need a buff.

Tell that to Winston who received 2-3 buffs while in A-Tier and was much better in the current meta than Genji currently is in.
02/18/2018 10:14 PMPosted by Freak
would just give him more versatility
Versatility = power