i do not want to play with gms in deathmatch

General Discussion
so please don't match me with them.
don't play deathmatch
02/19/2018 05:24 PMPosted by IamAHorse
so please don't match me with them.

I feel you, I'm in Masters on XB1 and I'm always matched up with Golds, Plats, and Silvers mostly and I feel bad because I have a clear advantage.

I even got 1st place with Ana, a character I don't use a whole lot, and that's mostly because my opponents either have less skill, aim, or game sense than I do.
i'm silver and i got a player on my ctf team who was in grandmaster, a master and a plat on the enemy team too
Mabye the matchmaker just thinks you're really good! :)
02/19/2018 05:39 PMPosted by GenjiIsCool7

im flattered, but i don't think i can compete with grandmaster widows
Farmed the boxes 50 mins after reset already

I had a lobby of bronze- silvers and me as GM

Killed everyone in like 5 minutes and ended every match much quicker than usual

3 other people benefited as 4 people get the boxes, and they were glad to play against a better player

So in the end it isnt that bad, you dont get better unless you play against better players than you
02/19/2018 05:43 PMPosted by Pulse

3 other people benefited as 4 people get the boxes, and they were glad to play against a better player

So in the end it isnt that bad, you dont get better unless you play against better players than you

i can agree with that last statement.

but you don't grow when you're being destroyed so bad theres no chance of competing, it's not a growing experience its just frustrating.
As a GM, what do you want from us exactly? Would you prefer us to have to sit in queue for 25 minutes while the game searches for 7 other GMs (>1% of the community) who live near the same geographical location who happened to be queuing for death match at the same time? Or would you simply prefer us to not play the game at all?

I understand that you're frustrated, and I also understand why you are, but that doesn't mean we should be punished for being good at the game.
Why dont you want to play against high skill tier players? You can learn a lot fighting against them if you dont let tilt cloud your mind.
02/19/2018 05:47 PMPosted by IamAHorse
02/19/2018 05:43 PMPosted by Pulse

i can agree with that last statement.

but you don't grow when you're being destroyed so bad theres no chance of competing, it's not a growing experience its just frustrating.

It can be frustrating, but it is important. You'll gain the same skills fighting people at your rank, but you'll gain them much slower. Landing a flash bang on a bronze tracer is less important than landing it on a grandmaster tracer. A bad tracer will probably die to her own pulse bomb more often than she'll get kills. But against a person who's mastered tracer, landing the flash bang and the headshot is life or death.

Or just landing shots in general. The difficulty entices you to try harder and forces you to see the little nuance things that get you killed so you can avoid them. When I was in silver there were times where I'd have no idea whether or not widowmaker had infra-sight or not. I'd get shot around a corner wondering how did that happen? Nowadays I listen for that callout and count the seconds. And engaging her right after she shoots when she's recharging the shot.

Not a guaranteed way to kill a widow but it's that type of game sense playing against smurfs taught me.
02/19/2018 05:51 PMPosted by Fragehardt
As a GM, what do you want from us exactly? Would you prefer us to have to sit in queue for 25 minutes while the game searches for 7 other GMs (>1% of the community) who live near the same geographical location who happened to be queuing for death match at the same time? Or would you simply prefer us to not play the game at all?

I understand that you're frustrated, and I also understand why you are, but that doesn't mean we should be punished for being good at the game.

i see where you're coming from, but honestly i don't know what would be best for the game. but also what would be better? a longer queue time or low ranks being destroyed for the sake of "20 min queue times."

haha are you serious? he obviously wants fair matchmaking, and it really seems like you don't! I bet your only grandmaster because you play against silvers

Personally, I can see where both you and the OP are coming from - There is no fun in being destroyed by a better player, nor is there anything good coming from limiting said better players to only playing with themselves.. Which is why I'd suggest limiting the better players to playing certain ranks - Not fully limited, but say... a GM can only play with plat and higher, M can only play gold+ etc etc. This would stop the higher players from dominating the really low players while also not making their queue times 20+ minutes (Hopefully).
Or nothing at all can be done, which I'm also fine with. Just throwing a suggestion out there.
02/19/2018 05:41 PMPosted by IamAHorse
02/19/2018 05:39 PMPosted by GenjiIsCool7

im flattered, but i don't think i can compete with grandmaster widows

I couldn't, so I was glad when it stopped pitting my gold rank Mercy main self against GM Widows etc.
02/19/2018 06:20 PMPosted by LittleGnome

haha are you serious? he obviously wants fair matchmaking, and it really seems like you don't! I bet your only grandmaster because you play against silvers

You're right, I constantly am matched in my competitive games against a full team of silvers on the other team. Meanwhile, I 6-stack with Fleta, Pine, jjonak, Ryujehong, and Miro every game. This is how I got my rank.
02/19/2018 06:52 PMPosted by Fragehardt

You're right, I constantly am matched in my competitive games against a full team of silvers on the other team. Meanwhile, I 6-stack with Fleta, Pine, jjonak, Ryujehong, and Miro every game. This is how I got my rank.

That 6-stack is the dream team right there.
I bet your only grandmaster because you play against silvers

....Do you not know how comp works?
Let me tell you a secret: their rank is only 1/6th their effort.
Don't worry about rank. Fight. I remember I could get into a FPS game and not know anything about my enemies other than I need to kill them.
I bet you never made a complaint thread about getting grouped against others way lower than your skill level.