No SR loss for leaving in first 2 min

General Discussion
Title, essentially

I get it, I really do. You que for 10 minutes and finally join a game, but the game gets cancelled because someone leaves. And I get what's wrong with this, and I get that every system the team has put in place people take advantage of. And I get that people will leave because they don't like the team comp, or don't like the people.

But there are way too many random disconnects at the very beginnings of games as well as during joining a server. Implementing no SR loss for leaving in the first two minutes of a game would prevent this, as well as creating opportuinity to avoid throwers, AND the community would shut up about Role Select.

I've lost too much SR and gotten too many suspensions because of random disconnects while joining a lobby.

Thoughts?
02/20/2018 09:08 AMPosted by PureBacon
Implementing no SR loss for leaving in the first two minutes of a game would prevent this, as well as creating opportuinity to avoid throwers, AND the community would shut up about Role Select.
It would also make there be constant threads about people not playing a game for weeks as people dodge maps they dont like, if the comp isn't perfect in their eyes, if someone doesn't join voicechat, if there's someone they dont like on either team, etc.

Competitive ever having no penalty for anything is never a good idea.
And I get what's wrong with this, and I get that every system the team has put in place people take advantage of. And I get that people will leave because they don't like the team comp, or don't like the people.

I've lost too much SR and gotten too many suspensions because of random disconnects while joining a lobby.

You literally explained why this would never work. If you keep getting disconnected then maybe you shouldn’t play comp?
The only thing I think would help against those disconnects is a pause system. Since right now the person doesn't have much time to get back into the match, this can give them more time. This still would have to be limited to prevent abuse.
02/20/2018 09:21 AMPosted by Chrystian
The only thing I think would help against those disconnects is a pause system. Since right now the person doesn't have much time to get back into the match, this can give them more time. This still would have to be limited to prevent abuse.
Yes of course, because the pausing in scrims was always my favorite part, I can't wait to sit around for two to three minutes every time someone forgot to feed their cat or decides to make some hot pockets.
I just don't like how if your internet has a slight hiccup, causing you to DC, but you reconnect within the allotted 10 seconds, the game still cancels and you're treated as a leaver.

Like, if you reconnect that quickly, I think it's fair to say it was an accident.
Took my hero? Leave.

Don't like comp? Leave.

Hate this map? Leave.

Got a player you dislike? Leave.

Want to troll people constantly by wasting their time? Leave.

First push fails? Leave.

Don't feel like dealing with enemy comp? Leave.

I could go on and on. This would not work and would waste everyone's time.
02/20/2018 09:26 AMPosted by ĔǾŊ
02/20/2018 09:21 AMPosted by Chrystian
Yes of course, because the pausing in scrims was always my favorite part, I can't wait to sit around for two to three minutes every time someone forgot to feed their cat or decides to make some hot pockets.

Do you WANT the cat to.go hungry? What kind of MoNsTar are you!1!!!??
i would never be able to fight off my decay because everyone is busy dodging games.
Open to abuse.
02/20/2018 09:32 AMPosted by SleepyBear
Do you WANT the cat to.go hungry? What kind of MoNsTar are you!1!!!??
It's called being a responsible adult who manages to complete tasks and alots time before queuing for a competitive video game.