As a new player, this game feels kinda broken

General Discussion
I've made a post like this before and I'm doing it again.

Everything feels like it does so much damage... I feel like when I'm playing Roadhog, one of the tankiest heroes in the game, I shouldn't be able to one shot or be one shot by many things.

This may just be because I'm more used to League of Legends, which is much slower paced much of the time, so I need to get used to the heightened APM. If you think this is the case, then just say so.

Also idk if I'm using it wrong, but Tracer ult feels useless 99% of the time : ^)
Definitely a higher APM in general. Team fights that last more than 30 seconds are either done by inexperienced players or someone is doing a lot of stalling.
Its very much a fast paced game, you will get the hang of it after a bit more playtime. God knows it took me awhile to get used to the "speed" of the game.

Tracers ult can be devastating and game changing in the right hands (as well as any ult). She is a tough character to master, but just keep practicing.
Tanks in this game are just DPS heroes with big health pools.
believe me I was thinking the same about tracer ult, it just charge fast and you should use it for solo kills (killing tanks quick is like a good idea). you need to aim right but tracer ult is really usefull
Tracer's ult is a difficult trickshot, unless you're going for a tank.

And as others said, it's a fast paced game.
It's rare to have a teamfight that lasts longer than Genji's Dragonblade, unless it's 2CP B (like Volskaya or Anubis).

If you want it to be a bit slower, try Orisa and maybe Reinhardt.
Barriers give you more time to plan things, as opposed to a Genji flying around at the speed of sound.
I came from LoL too.

The first like, 10-20 mins of a game of LoL can be just farming. In pro games a lot of times they don’t even get kills by this time! OW is all about kills and fighting
02/15/2018 06:03 PMPosted by M3T4
Tanks in this game are just DPS heroes with big health pools.
Oh hey..... it's you again
Holy !@#$ I've been bombarded with helpful/supportive comments faster than the average LoL player can tell me to kill myself... Thanks! <3
FPS are generally more fast paced than MMOs like dota an league.
It's a totally different game from league, and trust me I know how you feel. I came from league and I felt really overwhelmed with how fast paced it is. It takes a while to get used to for sure, but I've found that I enjoy it way more.
Tanks in this game work a lot more like actual tanks instead of mmorpg tanks. They are heavily armored but cant take a crazy amount of damage. Their job is to gain and control space, not to soak up damage. Only Rein and Orisa can do that to some extent.

Roadhog uses the threat of the Hook/one shot to control space. You still need to manuever around the terrain and keep yourself as safe as possible.
You should have been around for old Overwatch. McCree (cowboy) did 400 damage with fan the hammer and Roadhog killed tanks with two shots. It was crazy fun.

Honestly, you'll take some time adjusting and we're in an extremely fast paced meta right now so that may have something to do with it.
02/15/2018 06:00 PMPosted by Riffolk

Everything feels like it does so much damage... I feel like when I'm playing Roadhog, one of the tankiest heroes in the game, I shouldn't be able to one shot or be one shot by many things.

This may just be because I'm more used to League of Legends, which is much slower paced much of the time, so I need to get used to the heightened APM. If you think this is the case, then just say so.

Also idk if I'm using it wrong, but Tracer ult feels useless 99% of the time : ^)

Yeah umm ur using her very wrong if she’s useless she’s used in almost every pro game and has one of the highest pick rates ever some say she’s op I disagree with that tho

Shields are the only real tanks in this game, and even they are extremely temporary. If you want to avoid damage you have to learn how to move properly and have good positioning. High-ground gets mentioned so often it might as well be a meme but being able to disengage but taking a couple of steps backwards really is powerful.

I feel like when I'm playing Roadhog, one of the tankiest heroes in the game, I shouldn't be able to one shot or be one shot by many things.

You're right, he shouldn't. And he can't. He can even tank most ultimates without too much trouble.

Tracer ult is almost a guaranteed kill, and you can get it like 4 times in 30 seconds.
02/15/2018 06:02 PMPosted by CATCHPHRASE
Definitely a higher APM in general. Team fights that last more than 30 seconds are either done by inexperienced players or someone is doing a lot of stalling.
Or it's total Mayhem where the game is pretty much one long continues team fight.
02/15/2018 06:24 PMPosted by Vortex
Tracer ult is almost a guaranteed kill, and you can get it like 4 times in 30 seconds.

Yeah, um, don't listen to things like this. ^

Tracer's ulti is just hard to land sometimes, so don't feel bad for not being able to get a stick. Even the pros miss a large portion of their Pulse Bombs. :)

It does charge pretty fast, though, so it's no big deal if you waste it. It does combo very well with some other ultimates in the game, though, like Zarya's Gravaton Surge or Reinhardt's Earthshatter.

If you have a Zarya on your team, try to sync up with them. It's beautiful. :D